No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- SEC charges Toronto man for Herbalife short position
The SEC has filed an insider trading case against a research analyst from Toronto who acquired a short position in Herbalife Ltd. in 2012. He bought a put option the day before hedge fund manager Bill Ackman called the company an illegal pyramid scheme.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Roxgold aims to start building its Yaramoko gold mine in Burkina Faso this year. Pan American is still considering Samco Gold's EDM gold property in Argentina. Odin Mining quintuples thanks to a new big-name investor, Ross Beaty.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Lawrence Ho has a new capital pool shell, Maple Peak Investments, which lists Wednesday. James Varanese's Triox Ltd. expects to complete its acquisition of eQube Technology by Friday.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Crew Energy closes its $150-million Princess sale. Bellatrix Exploration arranges a second joint venture with Grafton. Sunshine Oilsands enjoys some insider buying, and a federal court agrees to hear a B.C. band's challenge to Northern Gateway.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
North Arrow Minerals hopes to drill targets at or near Pikoo early next year. Arctic Star Exploration hopes North Arrow also drills Redemption next winter. Great Lakes Graphite has tweaked its Lochaber play. Pacific Wildcat Resources trades again.
- OSC reaches $8-million deal with Ernst & Young
The OSC has reached an $8-million settlement with Ernst & Young LLP for failures stemming from the audits of collapsed Chinese companies Sino-Forest Corp. and Zungui Haixi Corp. The OSC said Ernst failed to exercise professional skepticism.
- Canaccord sued again over Kelowna options program
Canaccord Genuity Corp. is a defendant in another lawsuit arising from a risky options program that two of its former Kelowna employees ran. A group of investors claims to have suffered catastrophic losses when the program failed in 2008.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Reservoir Minerals needs news from Freeport-McMoRan in Serbia. Kalimantan Gold hopes 620 million pounds of Indonesian copper will attract a joint venturer. Continental Precious's Rana Vig had front-row seats for Russell Peters.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Talisman Energy slumps after an analyst downgrade. EnCana buys a producer in the Texas Permian play for $7.1-billion (U.S.), giving little Lynden Energy a boost. Lutfur Khan's Panorama Petroleum plans to buy State Petroleum in Sudan.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Kevin Russell and Randy Clifford's Wise Oakwood Ventures plans to acquire coal assets in South Africa as its QT. Clark Swanson's Pepcap Ventures tweaks the value of its QT target.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Cooper Tire Introduces New Discoverer X/T4 All-Terrain Tire Developed Especially for Canadian Drivers
- Konica Minolta Next Generation Informity Cloud-based Disaster Recovery System With "One Button" Restore
- TriStar Files Resource Estimate NI 43-101 Report for Castelo de Sonhos Project
- Marsh & McLennan Companies to Hold Investor Call on October 28 to Discuss Third Quarter 2014 Results
- Rentrak Announces Top 20 Digital Movie Purchases & Rentals for Week Ending September 14, 2014
- Breitburn Energy Partners LP Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for Common and Preferred Units
- SiriusXM Launches "Food for Thought with Toure"
- Spotlight Innovation Retains Jerry Cirino as Special Advisor
- Zebra Technologies and ARM Announce Licensing Agreement to Extend Zebra's Internet of Things (IoT) Platform, Zatar, with ARM® mbed™ IoT Platform
- Bombardier Wins New Operations and Maintenance Contract in New Jersey
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Bombardier wins $331-million NJ Transit contract
Bombardier Inc. has won a $331-million contract from New Jersey Transit Corp. to provide operations and maintenance services on the River Line light rail system. The contract is for 15 years and may be extended by another five years.
- Resverlogix to hold conference call Oct. 6
Resverlogix Corp. will provide a corporate update in a conference call on Oct. 6 at 11 a.m. MT.
- Electra Gold arranges $500,000 private placement
Electra Gold Ltd. has arranged a $500,000 private placement of 10 million units at five cents each. It will use the proceeds for its operations and for general corporate purposes.
- DuSolo issues 18.5 million sharse to Tembo in placement
DuSolo Fertilizers Inc. has issued 18.51 million shares at 27 cents to Tembo Capital Mining Fund LP as part of DuSolo's private placement. Tembo's 18.51 million shares represent 14.3 per cent of DuSolo's shares.
- Aureus Mining director da Silva holds 0.16% of shares
Aureus Mining Inc. director Luis da Silva acquired 142,857 shares on Sept. 30, 2014, at 0.21 pound sterling each. He now holds 505,183 shares, or about 0.16 per cent of those outstanding.
- Lightstream closes $378.4-million sale of Sask. assets
Lightstream Resources Ltd. has completed the sale of its oil assets in Saskatchewan to Crescent Point for $378.4-million. It will use the proceeds to reduce debt and expand its Creelman enhanced oil recovery project.
- Tembec closes $375-million (U.S) note offering
Tembec Inc. has closed a $375-million (U.S.) offering of 9-per-cent notes due 2019. It will use the proceeds to redeem its 11.25-per-cent notes, pay down its credit facility and pay refinancing fees.
- Kazax Minerals appoints Nemodruk as CFO
Kazax Minerals Inc. has appointed Oleg Nemodruk as CFO, replacing Anthony Samaha, who has resigned.
- Brookfield Asset increases offering to $300-million
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. has increased its offering of Series 42 preferred shares to $300-million from $200-million. It is now offering 12 million shares at $25.
- Rome Resources arranges $450,000 private placement
Rome Resources Ltd. has arranged a $450,000 private placement of three million units at 15 cents. It will use the proceeds to explore its La Colorada project in Mexico, and for working capital.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.