- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 11, 2014
Cancana Resources still hopes to spin off its diamond "opportunities" in Brazil. Metalex Ventures will drill Wemindji while it waits on U2. Canada Carbon plans to process up to 1,100 tonnes of graphitic rock from the old Miller mine.
- Shell Summary for March 11, 2014
Geoff Balderson's fifth capital pool shell, Aim Explorations, plans to acquire a medical device company as its QT. The target's founder is another shell-maker and promoter, William McCartney.
- Gold Summary for March 11, 2014
Sandstorm Gold rises on year-end financials. It bought 36,000 ounces of gold last year at $420 an ounce. Terrax Minerals receives permits to drill near Yellowknife. Satori Resources triples after hiring a medical marijuana consultant.
- Energy Summary for March 11, 2014
Bankers Petroleum has friends among analysts. Canacol Energy unofficially raises its production target. MGM Energy mulls a below-market takeover offer from its parent, Paramount Resources, and another poll shows that most Americans support Keystone XL.
- Shell Summary for March 10, 2014
Toby Pierce's Crest Petroleum plans to buy a rig rental business in Texas as its QT. AltaCorp Capital will handle a $4-million private placement for the deal.
- Gold Summary for March 10, 2014
Kaminak Gold arranges a $10-million bought deal for Coffee. Mexicans occupy Great Panther's Guanajuato silver mine. Cerro Grande struggles to produce gold high in the Chilean mountains.
- Energy Summary for March 10, 2014
DeeThree Exploration has increased its reserves fivefold in two years. Crew Energy and NuVista Energy release some of their best results in the Montney. Hyperion Exploration enjoys a curious rise, and Quakers in Philadelphia protest against Keystone XL.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 10, 2014
Shareholders of Pangolin Diamonds are pleased with their directors; less so with their lack of news. Debut Diamonds needs cash for MacFadyen. Wolfden Resources is raising cash and Nouveau Monde Mining Enterprises is picking up a new graphite play.
- Abzu defends firing of ex-CEO Price
Abzu Gold Ltd. says it fired its former CEO, David Price, after he tried to mislead its compensation committee into approving a new employment agreement. He told the committee that an influential shareholder had approved the agreement, Abzu claims.
- Shell Summary for March 7, 2014
Tweed Inc., the QT target of LW Capital, and the first public pot shop, has had little trouble rounding up high-profile Toronto investors for its company. Murray Sinclair and Brian Bayley's Nebo Capital cancels its QT and will transfer to the NEX.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Las Vegas Sands to Participate in the 2014 J.P. Morgan Gaming, Lodging, Restaurant & Leisure Management Access Forum
- WALTER INVESTMENT SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Reminds Investors with Losses in Excess of $250,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against Walter Investment Management Corp. -- WAC
- Vipshop Holdings Limited Announces Pricing of its Offering of US$550,000,000 1.50% Convertible Senior Notes due 2019 and Secondary Offering of 1,140,000 American Depositary Shares
- Bonso Electronics Announces Annual General Meeting Results
- Bauxite Resources (ASX:BAU) Interim Financial Report for the half-year ended 31 December 2013
- Wolf Haldenstein Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action against Conn’s Inc.
- Teen Scientist Researches New Drugs to Fight Flu Pandemic, Wins Intel Science Talent Search
- Investor Alert: Wites & Kapetan Announces Investigation of MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation
- SGX to Launch Options on China A50 Futures
- SGX to Launch Options on China A50 Futures
Click here for more US headlines.
- Spruce Ridge issues 1.25 million shares for debt
Spruce Ridge Resources Ltd. has issued 1.25 million shares at six cents per share to settle a debt of $75,000. The amount was owing to NWT Copper Mines Ltd.
- PFB earns $6.83-million in 2013
PFB Corp. earned $6.83-million on revenue of $84.54-million in the year ended Dec. 31, 2013. This compares with a profit of $130,000 on revenue of $82.07-million in the year ended Dec. 31, 2012.
- WaterFurnace earns $13.78-million (U.S.) in 2013
WaterFurnace Renewable Energy Inc. earned $13.78-million (U.S.) on revenue of $118.77-million (U.S.) in the year ended Dec. 31, 2013. This compares with a profit of $10.06-million (U.S.) on revenue of $119.69-million (U.S.) in the prior year.
- Rocky Mountain Dealerships earns $15.31-million in 2013
Rocky Mountain Dealerships Inc. earns $15.31-million on revenue of $1-billion in the year ended Dec. 31, 2013. This compares with a profit of $23.97-million on revenue of $966.1-million in the year ended Dec. 31, 2012.
- ASC declines to reciprocate OSC order against Moore
The Alberta Securities Commission has declined to reciprocate an OSC order against Richard Moore because of a lack of information.
- Patheon to delist from TSX March 12
Patheon Inc. will delist from the TSX at the close on March 12, 2014. JLL/Delta Patheon Holdings LP has acquired all of Patheon's outstanding shares and is taking the company private.
- Elemental suitor attends hearing, awaits offer decision
Elemental Minerals Ltd.'s suitor, Dingyi Group Investment Ltd., has attended the review hearing with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange listing committee. It is awaiting the committee's written decision about the offer.
- Chaparral trading and settlement rules for March 27
Chaparral Gold Corp.'s shares will fall under special trading and settlement rules as Waterton Precious Metals Bid Corp.'s takeover offer expires on March 27, 2014. All trades in Chaparral shares completed on March 27 will settle on March 31, 2014.
- Spyglass earns $43.33-million in 2013
Spyglass Resources Corp. earned $43.33-million or 39 cents per share in 2013. This compares with a loss of $152.99-million or $2.50 per share in 2012. Spyglass will pay a 2.25-cent dividend on April 15 to shareholders of record on March 27.
- Redknee to list 12.82 million more shares March 13
Redknee Solutions Inc. will list another 12.82 million shares on the TSX on March 13, 2014. The company plans to raise $75-million by selling shares at $5.85 each.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.