- Shell Summary for March 6, 2014
Robert Sim's Bold Stroke Ventures has until March 13, 2014, to acquire Upfile Services as its QT. The shell is still working on closing a $750,000 private placement.
- Gold Summary for March 6, 2014
Kinross faces a union strike in Chile. Sabina Gold has $58-million for a Back River feasibility study, and Claude Resources must improve gold production in Saskatchewan without its president, Neil McMillan.
- Energy Summary for March 6, 2014
Legacy Oil and Artek Exploration rise on pleasing year-end reserve reports. Argent Energy takes a beating from analysts. Canacol Energy successfully tests a shale well in Colombia, and Frank Giustra increases his interest in Petromanas Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 6, 2014
Kennady Diamonds is hitting kimberlite in infill drilling at Kelvin. A mini-bulk test will follow. Northaven sees merit but no title documents with a Brazilian diamond play. Shield Gold is buying a Quebec graphite project from Rock Tech Lithium.
- Energy Summary for March 5, 2014
TransGlobe Energy sees a lower profit in 2013, and officially announces a dividend. BNK Petroleum releases a reserve report and arranges a $35-million bought deal. PRD Energy plunges on poor test results in Germany.
- Gold Summary for March 5, 2014
Goldcorp arranges to sell its Primero Mining shares for $224-million. Mexican bandits attack Great Panther's Guanajuato silver mine. Imperial Metals braces for four months of mill downtime at Huckleberry. Coral Gold acquires Barrick as a joint venturer.
- Shell Summary for March 5, 2014
Ryan Danard's nearly expired Cana Venture will merge with Dennis Nerland's nearly expired Arkadia Capital. The exchange will grant the merged company 12 more months to close a QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 5, 2014
Diamcor Mining is raising $3-million for its Krone-Endora at Venetia trial mine. Stornoway Diamond plans a big drill program at Renard-2. Star Minerals hopes to have its required dream sheet for the Hoidas Lake rare earth play later this year.
- Pure fifth; BCSC to fight fraud all month
Pure Trading was the fifth most active alternative trading system in Canada last week. The TSX and TSX-V led the world in mining financings last year. The BCSC and the Vancouver Canuck's plan to fight against fraud all month.
- Shell Summary for March 4, 2013
Kal Malhi's Cairo Resources is still working on completing its QT with Socialitize Ltd., a company that develops virtual money gambling apps. The shell has sold about one-third of a $2-million private placement required to close the deal.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Law Firm Brower Piven Announces Investigation of TriQuint Semiconductor Inc. Proposed Buyout
- BAB Systems, Inc. Offers New Dual-Concept Franchise
- Duke Energy crews responding after ice storm strikes the Carolinas
- Guaranty Federal Bancshares, Inc. Closes $17.2 Million Public Offering of Common Stock
- LINN Energy Announces 2013 K-1 Tax Packages Now Available
- LINN Energy Announces 2013 K-1 Tax Packages Now Available
- New Residential Schedules Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2013 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Starz Offers Personal Digital Experiences With Portrait App And Genius Quiz For Starz Original Series "Da Vinci's Demons" Second Season
- Zep Inc. Enhances Commitment to Food Safety with New Technology Platform from GFSC Group Inc.
- Verizon Wireless Ranked Highest In The Southwest Region In J.D. Power 2014 Network Quality Study, Vol. 1
Click here for more US headlines.
- Virginia Mines closes $8.48-million private placement
Virginia Mines Inc. has closed its $8.48-million private placement with 353,334 FT shares at $24 per share. The company will use the proceeds for exploration on its projects in Quebec.
- Hillcrest finishes drilling Brown No. 1 well
Hillcrest Resources Ltd. has finished drilling the Brown No. 1 well and will start production casing. It expects to complete the Donner No. 4 well in three to four days.
- Golden Reign Resources closes $739,349 final tranche
Golden Reign Resources Ltd. has closed the $739,349 final tranche of its private placement, issuing 4.34 million units at 17 cents. It will use the proceeds for its San Albino-Murra property and working capital.
- WaterFurnace launches SEVENbration promotion
WaterFurnace Renewable Energy Inc. has launched the SEVENbration promotion program for its 7 Series variable-capacity geothermal heat pump. The program offers homeowners an $2,100 instant rebate until April 30, 2014.
- Asia Bio-Chem shareholders to sell stake to Beidahuang
Asia Bio-Chem Group Corp. controlling shareholders, Zhiping Wang and Yon Wang, will sell their shares to Beidahuang State Farm's subsidiary. They will then use the proceeds to buy shares of the purchaser.
- Dundee REIT extends lease with Aviva for one year
Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust has extended its lease with Aviva Insurance for another year until September, 2017. Aviva leases 90 per cent of Dundee's Eglington St. property in Toronto.
- Petrolia disappointed with Gaspe court appeal
Petrolia Inc. is disappointed with the City of Gaspe, which is appealing the court decision for the validity of its municipal bylaw. The company claims the drilling of its Haldimand 4 well will not affect the city's drinking water.
- Asia Bio-Chem to release 2013 results March 31
Asia Bio-Chem Group Corp. will release its 2013 financial results on March 31, 2014. It will hold a conference call to discuss its results on April 1, 2014, at 9 a.m. EST.
- Cayden Resources increases financing to $7.83-million
Cayden Resources Inc. has increased its bought-deal offering to $7.83-million. It will now issue up to 4.61 million shares at $1.70 a share. The overallotment option now consists of 691,500 shares for $1.17-million.
- Ironhorse starts producing from Nisku L2L pool
Ironhorse Oil & Gas Inc. started producing in the Nisku L2L pool from the 100/09-05 well on March 5, 2014. It expects gross production rates of 300 bopd to 1,000 bopd.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.