No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
The Tsilhqot'in continue to stir up trouble for Russell Hallbauer and Taseko. Nulegacy Gold has $3.5-million, which it hopes to use enticing Barrick into a back-in. David Hutchins tries to calm GRIT investors, and Orefinders awaits results from Ontario exploration.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Gregory Hewitt's 71 Capital plans to acquire Brightstar Seniors Living, which plans to build a senior housing project near Toronto, as its QT. This is Mr. Hewitt's fifth attempt to close a QT for his five-year-old shell.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Surge Energy's Paul Colborne claims he could double the company's dividend from just one asset. Crew Energy talks up the B.C. Montney, where the LNG industry continues to take shape. Canamax Energy enjoys a boost from a neighbour in Alberta.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Adent Capital has moved closer to becoming Proxima Diamonds. Dominion Diamond has a plan to compensate for dwindling reserves at Ekati. Vanadiumcorp Resource has topped its private placement target. International Lithium plans drilling.
- Silvercorp sued over unlawful detention in China
Silvercorp Metals Inc. is a defendant in a lawsuit filed by Kun Huang, a former employee of short-seller Jon Carnes. The suit complains that Silvercorp had Mr. Huang unlawfully detained in China for three years.
- SEC loses motion for default against Amyot, for now
SEC target Jean-Francois Amyot has avoided a default judgment of up to $12.2-million (U.S.) in the Spencer Pharmaceuticals Inc. pump-and-dump case, at least for now. The SEC had sought the sanction after Mr. Amyot went "on strike" in the case.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 20, 20141
Mountain Province Diamonds is working on a new resource estimate for Tuzo. Kennady Diamonds and North Arrow Minerals are processing bulk samples. Commerce Resources is working to cut expenses at its proposed Ashram rare earth mine in Quebec.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Sean Caulfeild's Maestro Capital will list on the TSX-V Thursday, making it the 10th capital pool shell to list this year. Ron Schmeichel has filed a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Mira IV Acquisition, and he is now in the process of selling a $1-million IPO.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration and Rock Energy court investors in Colorado. PanTerra Resource arranges its third acquisition in three months. Securityholders of Arcan Resources reject a complicated rescue offer from Aspenleaf Energy.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Jonathan Awde raises more money for Gold Standard's work in Nevada, where his former boss, Michel David, is struggling. Quaterra options yet another project to Freeport-McMoRan. Gianni Kovacevic returns from summer vacation to close a $1.5-million financing at two cents.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against China XD Plastics Company Ltd. and Certain Officers - CXDC
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. and Certain Officers - LGF
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Reminds Shareholders With Losses on Their Investments in Galectin Therapeutics, Inc. of Class Action Lawsuit and Upcoming Deadline -- GALT
- Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces A Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Galectin Therapeutics Inc.
- INTERNATIONAL RECTIFIER CORPORATION SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces Investigation Of Buyout
- Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces A Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Penn West Petroleum Ltd.
- Quidel to Present at Baird 2014 Health Care Conference
- Paychex Featured on Selling Power’s “50 Best Companies to Sell For” List
- KollagenX Corp. Finalizes Acquisition of Wholly Owned Subsidiary KollagenX Inc. California
- Cathay General Bancorp Declares Dividend Of $0.07 Per Share
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- 3MV Energy loses $4.36-million in Q2 2014
3MV Energy Corp. lost $4.63-million on petroleum and natural gas revenues of $635,000 in the second quarter of 2014. It lost $394,000 on petroleum and natural gas revenues of $778,000 in the same period of 2013.
- Emerald Bay Energy closes $408,750 second tranche
Emerald Bay Energy Inc. has closed the $408,750 second tranche of a private placement, issuing 8.17 million units at five cents. It has raised $558,750 to date. Emerald will use the proceeds for exploration and working capital.
- Tudor does not say why volume, price are up, but ...
Tudor Corp. Ltd. does not say why its trading volume and price are up. The company says all parties are waiting for natural gas prices to increase so that Tudor can turn on its shut-in wells.
- Salazar Resources hires Questrade as market-maker
Salazar Resources Ltd. has hired Questrade Inc. as market-maker and will pay $4,500 a month for 12 months.
- Imaflex posts $355,000 loss in Q2 2014
Imaflex Inc. lost $355,000 on sales of $15.26-million in the second quarter of 2014. This compares with earnings of $396,000 on sales of $14.18-million in the same period last year.
- Brand Leaders to buy back up to 250,250 units
Brand Leaders Income Fund plans to buy back up to 250,250 units from Aug. 25, 2014, to Aug. 24, 2015. The units represent 10 per cent of the public float.
- Microbix Biosystems halted at 10:12 a.m. PT
Microbix Biosystems Inc. has been halted at 10:12 a.m. PT on Aug. 22, 2014, pending news.
- Cellstop Systems adopts advance notice policy
Cellstop Systems Inc. has adopted an advance notice policy for choosing directors. It will seek shareholder approval of the policy at a meeting on Sept. 26.
- Inovalis REIT to pay 6.875-cent distribution Sept. 15
Inovalis Real Estate Investment Trust will pay a 6.875-cent distribution for August, 2014, on Sept. 15, 2014. The distribution is payable to unitholders of record on Aug. 29, 2014.
- African Metals to resume at 9:45 a.m. PT
African Metals Corp. will resume at 9:45 a.m. PT on Aug. 22, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.