No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- SEC target Coldicutt agrees to ban, fines in U.S.
SEC target Tom Coldicutt has accepted a permanent penny stock ban for his role in an OTC-BB shell scheme. The SEC says he and others improperly sold 15 companies as shells, grossing $4.8-million (U.S.).
- Gold Summary for April 16, 2014
Agnico Eagle joins the Osisko-Yamana deal. Goldcorp's Los Filos mine is still shut. Pretium Resources hopes for an easy environmental permitting process in B.C., and Willie McLucas needs $25-million for a small mine in Nova Scotia.
- Shell Summary for April 16, 2014
Mark Newman's first capital pool shell, Cliffside Capital, will list on the TSX-V tomorrow. Meet the good citizens of shell-making at Camex Energy, which plans to acquire BlackRock Metals, a Quebec mining company working on an iron ore project.
- CSE 1.2%, Pure et al. 34%, Schmitt pushes Aequitas
The Canadian Securities Exchange received 1.2 per cent of Canadian trading volume last week. Pure Trading and the other ATSs capuured 34 per cent. Jos Schmitt continues to talk up his new baby, Aequitas Exchange.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for April 16
Shore Gold has cleared an environmental hurdle but others lie ahead. Stornoway Diamond is drilling for blue sky deep within Renard-2. American Manganese is adding silica to manganese for its lithium-ion battery-based promotion.
- Shell Summary for April 15, 2014
David Danziger's Aumento Capital IV plans to acquire VeroLube Inc. as its QT. The target's shareholders include Frank Giustra and Canaccord's Peter Brown.
- American Creek beats Teuton in court
American Creek Resources Ltd. has won a lawsuit over title to the Treaty Creek property. A judge has ruled that the company's exploration expenses were sufficient to satisfy an option agreement it has with Teuton Resources Corp.
- Gold Summary for April 15, 2014
Probe Mines drops along with the price of gold. Teuton Resources finds out its 49-per-cent interest in the Treaty Creek property will now be held in trust by American Creek. Paul Dickson's Newnote Financial continues to promote bitcoins.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for April 15
Dominion Diamond is maintaining production and boosting revenue at Diavik this year. Kennady Diamonds continues drilling kimberlite at Kennady North. Canada Carbon is readying its pilot plant program at Miller. Geomega Resources has raised more cash.
- Gold Summary for April 14, 2014
Agnico Eagle promises $5-million should Nunavut one day build a university. Braeval Mining merges with Oban Exploration. Angkor Gold arranges $6.5-million in financings to search for Cambodian gold.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Orion Marine Group Schedules Announcement of First Quarter 2014 Results
- Community Bank of Bergen County, NJ Reports First Quarter 2014 Net Income of $0.13 Per Share
- DiagnoCure announces results of its Annual General and Special Meeting of shareholders
- Alteva Enhances Integration of Business Productivity Applications With HD Voice
- Drew Industries First-Quarter 2014 Conference Call Scheduled for May 1, 2014, at 11am ET
- SUPERVALU Completes Repricing and Amendment of Its $1.0 Billion Asset-Based Revolving Credit Facility
- Northwest Pipe Company's Water Transmission Group Awarded Section 15-1 of the Integrated Pipeline Project
- Solitario Clarifies Technical Disclosures
- Granite REIT Declares Monthly Distribution
- NTN Buzztime Announces Exercise and Closing of Over-Allotment Option in Public Offering of Common Stock
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Altair arranges $450,000 private placement
Altair Gold Inc. has arranged a $450,000 private placement of nine million units at five cents each. Each unit contains a share and a warrant exercisable at 10 cents a share for five years. Altair plans to use part of the proceeds for the Kena property.
- Starlight U.S. Multi-Family to pay April distributions
Starlight U.S. Multi-Family (No. 2) Core Fund will pay 5.83-cent distributions on its Class A, C, D and F units and 5.83 U.S. cents on its Class U units May 15. The distributions are payable to unitholders of record on April 30.
- Oando pays $25-million to extend Nigerian acquisition
Oando Energy Resources Inc. has paid $25-million to extend its acquisition of ConocoPhillips's Nigerian upstream oil and gas business.
- Blackbird Energy, Pennant complete plan of arrangement
Blackbird Energy Inc. and Pennant Energy Inc. have closed their plan of arrangement, making Pennant a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackbird. The consolidated entity will continue to trade on the TSX-V as Blackbird Energy Inc. and use the BBI symbol.
- Arrowstar seeks written shareholder OK for rollback
Arrowstar Resources Ltd. is seeking written shareholder approval to roll back its shares one for 10. It needs financing to complete its Dec. 31, 2013, audit before the April 30 filing deadline. Continued TSX-V listing requires the filing.
- Lundin refreshes buy of Silvercrest Mines
- Lundin says buy Santacruz Silver
- Scorpio Gold loses $6.84-million (U.S.) in 2013
Scorpio Gold Corp. lost $6.84-million (U.S.) on $54.64-million (U.S.) revenue in 2013. This compares with a profit of $12.6-million (U.S.) on $52.61-million (U.S.) revenue in 2012. Scorpio produced 39,160 ounces gold at the Mineral Ridge mine in 2013.
- Nevada Clean amends JV terms with ScanMag
Nevada Clean Magnesium Inc. has revised its proposed joint venture with ScanMag. ScanMag will now contribute $5-million (U.S.), pay a $150,000 (U.S.) advance upon signing the JV and give an additional 2-per-cent interest to Nevada Clean.
- Granite Creek to conduct sampling, survey at Darsalam
Granite Creek Gold Ltd. will conduct geological work comprising surveys, mapping and sampling at its Darsalam project in Mali. It will start the program after closing its private placement.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.