No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 20, 20141
Mountain Province Diamonds is working on a new resource estimate for Tuzo. Kennady Diamonds and North Arrow Minerals are processing bulk samples. Commerce Resources is working to cut expenses at its proposed Ashram rare earth mine in Quebec.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Sean Caulfeild's Maestro Capital will list on the TSX-V Thursday, making it the 10th capital pool shell to list this year. Ron Schmeichel has filed a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Mira IV Acquisition, and he is now in the process of selling a $1-million IPO.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration and Rock Energy court investors in Colorado. PanTerra Resource arranges its third acquisition in three months. Securityholders of Arcan Resources reject a complicated rescue offer from Aspenleaf Energy.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Jonathan Awde raises more money for Gold Standard's work in Nevada, where his former boss, Michel David, is struggling. Quaterra options yet another project to Freeport-McMoRan. Gianni Kovacevic returns from summer vacation to close a $1.5-million financing at two cents.
- SEC target Wheeler pleads guilty to tax charges
SEC target Christopher Wheeler has pleaded guilty to criminal tax charges, as expected. Prosecutors claim that he failed to file income taxes for three years in which he made $11.95-million (U.S.).
- Shell Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Simon Yakubowicz's first capital pool shell, Cluny Capital, will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Paul Cox's Adent Capital has conditional approval from the exchange to acquire Proxima Diamonds, a Northwest Territories diamond explorer, as its QT.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Activist investor Orange Capital pushes for change at Bellatrix Exploration. Strategic Oil woos investors in Denver. Leucrotta Exploration begins its life on the TSX-V, and Neil Young and Willie Nelson promote an anti-Keystone concert in a cornfield.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Dominion Diamond has had a sparkling second quarter at Ekati and Diavik. Eagle Plains Resources is hunting gems on a Saskatchewan gold play. Caribou King Resources plans more sampling at Buckingham. Orocobre's Olaroz mine is nearly complete.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
Amarillo Gold arranges a 5,000-ounce gold loan as it continues to await permits. Riverside Resources hires Greg Myers as VP of exploration. Arian Resources looks to part with a majority of Perlat, and new consultant Jim Belushi books an HBO show.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
John O'Sullivan and Don Wright's capital pool shell, Cinaport Acquisition, plans to soon complete its acquisition of Mettrum Ltd., a licensed producer of medical marijuana. Mettrum has already closed a $34.5-million private placement in connection with the QT.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Willis Teams With FusionHealth to Help Firms Address Risks Associated With Sleep Disorders
- STW Secures Major Water Processing Project For Oil & Gas Operations With Landowner In The Permian Basin
- Quantum Energy Issues Shareholder Update
- AEG Live and NCM Bring the Most Popular Recording Artists and the Biggest Concert Tours to the Big Screen
- Altria Increases Quarterly Dividend by 8.3% to $0.52 per Common Share
- Launch Date For Lockheed Martin-Built CLIO Satellite Set For September 16
- Graystone Company Copper Campaign #2 Update
- Graystone Company Copper Campaign #2 Update
- Flushing Financial Corporation to Meet With Institutional Investors
- Citrix Collaboration with Google Delivers New Receiver for Chrome and Advanced Features for Chromebook Users
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Trevali Mining drills 13.75 m of 99.18 g/t Ag at Santander
Trevali Mining Corp. has drilled 13.75 m of 99.18 g/t Ag at its Santander mine in Peru. The company also drilled 1.05 m of 344.93 g/t Ag and 10.35 m of 74.94 g/t Ag. Results are from the Fatima zones.
- Pacific & Western reappoints Hockin as chairman
Pacific & Western Bank of Canada has reappointed Thomas Hockin as chairman. Mr. Hockin was chairman from November, 2008, to November, 2009.
- Gulf Shores to issue director 400,000 shares for debt
Gulf Shores Resources Ltd. will issue one director 400,000 shares at 7.5 cents to settle a $30,000 debt.
- POCML 2 closes QT with Bedrocan
POCML 2 Inc. has closed its QT with Bedrocan Canada Inc. The company consolidated its shares on the basis of one new share for every two old shares and changed its name to Bedrocan Cannabis Corp.
- Strata Minerals drills 5.43 m of 19.1% P2O5 at Diamond
Strata Minerals Inc. has drilled 5.43 m of 19.1 per cent P2O5 at the Diamond Mountain property, Utah. The company has also drilled 4.93 m of 18.82 per cent P2O5 and 4.33 m of 20.96 per cent P2O5. Another result is 4.51 m of 20.1 per cent P2O5.
- Morneau Shepell now registered to offer VRSP
Morneau Shepell Inc. is now registered with the Regie des rentes du Quebec to offer a voluntary retirement savings plan in Quebec. The company's VRSP is available to Quebec employers that want to introduce the program before legislated deadlines.
- Chesswood unit appoints business development officers
Chesswood Group Ltd.'s Northstar Leasing Corp. has appointed Danny Lebovics and Bill Tsiobanos as president and VP of business development, respectively. Mr. Lebovics was president of MultiSource Capital, and Mr. Tsiobanos was VP of Syneron.
- Enpar's CapDi begins operations at Ont. greenhouse
Enpar Technologies Inc.'s ESD CapDi unit has started operations at a government-funded hydroponic greenhouse testing program in Ontario. Initial results from the program have shown water recovery rates close to the targeted 85 per cent.
- Alexandria moves second drill rig to Akasaba
Alexandria Minerals Corp. has moved a second drill rig to its Akasaba project in Quebec to speed up its 10,000-metre program. It plans to expand the project's mineralization by testing targets along strike of its current resources.
- Cdn Overseas Petroleum closes $10.1-million offering
Canadian Overseas Petroleum Ltd. has closed a $10.1-million offering consisting of 50.55 million units at 20 cents each.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.