No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
George Durst's NEX shell, Saratoga Electronic Solutions, plans to acquire Abba Medix and then resume trading on the CSE. The target is another hopeful medical marijuana company.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
Activist Orange Capital buys more shares of Bellatrix Exploration. Successful proxy-fight lawyer Walied Soliman, Orange's counsel, also owns Bellatrix shares. Ivanhoe Energy loses its CFO to Kallisto Energy, which soars on news of a trendy reorganization.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has thick kimberlite hits at the north end of the Kelvin kimberlite. Copper Reef Mining is uncharacteristically quiet if it is indeed working near Pikoo. RB Energy has no fatal flaws at its Quebec Lithium mine but it is in intensive care nonetheless.
- TransCanada opponents not as poor as they pretend
An elite group of U.S. billionaires secretly controls the far-left green movement, including the EPA, says a report by Republican Senators. The billionaires exploit the tax code to funnel money to green groups, using charity to make their political ends.
- SEC targets Arella, Morrice accept five-year bans
The SEC has settled civil pump-and-dump charges against Maximillien Arella and Ian Morrice, co-defendants in the regulator's case against Jean-Francois Amyot. The men have agreed to five-year bans and $50,000 (U.S.) fines.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 12, 2014
Leucrotta Exploration expands in the B.C. Montney. Painted Pony Petroleum apparently brings on an analyst as its new IR man. Tuscany Energy makes an unexpected oil discovery at its Macklin project.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 12, 2014
Metalex Ventures is seeking drill permits for its Wemindji gem play. Olivut Resources says its slow pace at HOAM is good for shareholders. Graphite One Resources is closing a larger placement than planned. Colt Resources is dropping the Middle East for Portugal.
- Viosolar's Walchuk bemoans delays, prison conditions
Viosolar Inc.'s Rick Walchuk has asked that a judge dismiss broker bribery charges he faces in the U.S. He complains about substantial delays and about having to endure 102 days in an "inhumane" Greek prison.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 11, 2014
Harley Sinclair's Anergy Capital plans to acquire Newfoundland sonar technology company, Kraken Sonar Systems, as its QT. Scott Ackerman's TMT Resources was a busy trader.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 11, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration lowers its production guidance again. Blackdog Resources bounds up on news of a recapitalization and management overhaul. North Sea producers await next week's referendum on Scottish independence.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Alabama Graphite Reports Higher Grade, Near Surface (oxidized zone) Intercepts within New Geophysical Targets at its Coosa Project, Alabama, USA
- Industrial Internet of Things Offers Significant Opportunity for Growth of Digital Services, Says Accenture Report
- SanDisk Expands Portfolio of 4K Enabled Products with the Introduction of the World’s Fastest, High-Capacity microSD™ UHS-I Memory Card
- Cray Awarded Supercomputer Contract From Sweden's KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Carbon Sciences Developing Breakthrough Technology to Mass-Produce Graphene -- the New Miracle Material
- Pluristem Pursues Development Strategy in Japan Where New Law Accelerates Path to Market
- U.S. HMO Insurer Invests Over $260,000 in Kofax Software
- ITG Launches FX Volatility Index Application
- Wolters Kluwer Acquires Dingxin Chuangzhi in China
- Pioneer and KKR Agree to Pioneer DJ Share Purchase
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Africa Oil increases NI 51-101 resources in Kenya
Africa Oil Corp. has increased its NI 51-101 resource estimates in its Kenya oil fields. Gross contingent 2C resources increased to 616 million barrels of oil. The company plans to hold a conference call Sept. 16 at 11 a.m. ET to discuss the resources.
- Kincora appoints Jackson CFO
Kincora Copper Ltd. has appointed Anthony Jackson as CFO. Mr. Anderson and Ms. Collins, White Label representatives, will no longer provide corporate services to Kincora. BridgeMark, of which Mr. Jackson is a principal, will now provide the services.
- Pacific Rubiales prices $750-million (U.S.) offering
Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. has priced a $750-million (U.S.) offering of 5.62-per-cent unsecured notes due 2025. Fitch Ratings and S&P Corp. rated the notes BB plus, and Moody's Investors Services Ba2.
- FortisBC to reduce gas rates Oct. 1
Fortis Inc.'s FortisBC has received B.C. Utilities Commission approval to reduce natural gas rates for most customers, effective Oct. 1. Revelstoke propane customers will see no change in their rate.
- Air Canada to start Vancouver-Osaka service next May
Air Canada plans to start offering non-stop service between Vancouver and Osaka, Japan. Flights will begin on May 1, 2015, for up to five times a week until Oct. 24, 2015.
- Nomad Ventures appoints Kokan to board
Nomad Ventures Inc. has appointed Matt Kokan to its board of directors. Mr. Kokan is the owner and principal of GeoPacific Consultants.
- CSM Systems 1:4 rollback, changes name to Visionstate
CSM Systems Corp. has rolled back its shares 1:4 and changed its name to Visionstate Corp. The company will resume trading under its new name and new symbol, VIS, on Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014.
- Viscount Mining agreement for Silver Cliff property
Viscount Mining Corp. has filed with the TSX-V its Aug. 13, 2014, agreement to acquire a 100-per-cent interest in the Silver Cliff property in Colorado. The company must pay $3-million (U.S.) cash and issue 700,000 shares.
- Jet Gold shareholders OK one-for-three share rollback
Jet Gold Corp. shareholders approved a one-for-three share rollback at the AGM on Sept. 12. Once the company receives TSX-V approval for the rollback, it will arrange a $2-million private placement of 20 million units at 10 cents per unit.
- Arrowstar to roll back, resume trading Sept. 16
Arrowstar Resources Ltd. will resume trading on Tuesday, Sept. 16. Its previously announced 1-for-10 share rollback will take effect the same day.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.