No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Sept. 17, 2014
Daniel Drimmer files a preliminary prospectus for his new capital pool shell, Campar Capital. Raymond James is handling the shell's $400,000 IPO of 10-cent shares.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 17, 2014
Investors do not think much of Africa Oil's new Kenyan resource estimate. TAG Oil abandons a well in New Zealand. Bellatrix Exploration says its gas plant could start up earlier than forecast, and DeeThree Exploration hunts for institutional investors.
- Kinder Morgan beats Burnaby's injunction application
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP has defeated a court injunction application by the City of Burnaby. The city had complained that Kinder Morgan broke city bylaws by cutting down 13 trees.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 17, 2014
Canadian International Minerals has expanded its Pikoo diamond project. Margaret Lake Diamonds has three intriguing anomalies near Gahcho Kue. Cavan Ventures has permits to drill Tetepiska West. Great Lakes Graphite went through withdrawal today.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 16, 2014
Legacy Oil keeps up a relentless promotional push. Mart Resources says its new pipeline in Nigeria will be working any week now. Canacol Energy makes plans to enter Mexico, as does Ian Telfer's newly named Renaissance Oil.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 16, 2014
Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Murray Sinclair and Brian Bayley's Kirkcaldy Capital heads to Turkey to acquire a copper-gold explorer, and Geoff Gordon's shell graduate, Vogogo Inc., is the third most active trader on the TSX-V.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 16, 2014
True North Gems has access to another $11-million. It may be enough to build its Aappaluttoq ruby mine in Greenland. Stornoway Diamond will drill Renard-2 into October. Xmet will drill for gold but tout graphite. Geodex Resources grabbed antimony and gold at West Gore.
- SEC, DOJ charge IT employee with insider trading
The SEC and federal prosecutors have filed insider trading charges against a technician at a California law office. They claim he made $300,000 (U.S.) trading eight companies ahead of mergers or acquisitions.
- TransCanada foes just "arm" of billionaire U.S. backers
The U.S. "Billionaire's Club" funnels money to green groups that pretend to be mom-and-pop outfits, says a report by Republican Senators. The groups disguise propaganda as science to win an unknowing public's support for the billionaires' political aims.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
George Durst's NEX shell, Saratoga Electronic Solutions, plans to acquire Abba Medix and then resume trading on the CSE. The target is another hopeful medical marijuana company.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- The Future of Making Things Just Got Easier With Autodesk Fusion 360 and the Mac App Store
- CNH Industrial brand to power Tata Daewoo's entire Euro VI product range
- Golden Enterprises Announces Quarterly Results
- Rexam Promotes Recycling and Raises Money for Charity with "Cans for Cash" Event
- AuRico Gold Appoints Janice Stairs, LLB, MBA to the Board of Directors
- Net Element Finalizes Debt Exchange Transaction with Crede Capital Group
- HSN's "Queen Of Invention" Joy Mangano Shatters Sales Records During 14th Anniversary Month
- LIG Assets, Inc. Announces Initial Agreement to Finance a Drilling Program on the Company's Nevada Oil Lease
- SONIC’s 2014 Troy Smith Hall of Fame Award Presented to Entrepreneurial Franchisee
- PENN WEST SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Class Period Expanded in Class Action Lawsuit - National Securities Law Firm Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $250,000 From Investment in Penn West Petroleum Ltd. to Contact Law Firm Before the October 3, 2014
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Plaza Retail to pay two-cent distribution Oct. 15
Plaza Retail REIT will pay a distribution of two cents per share on Oct. 15, 2014. The distribution is payable to shareholders of record on Sept. 30, 2014.
- Strikepoint appoints Friesen CFO, McGrath secretary
Strikepoint Gold Inc. has appointed Tyler Friesen as CFO and Marion McGrath as corporate secretary. Courtney Shearer has resigned as CFO, corporate secretary and a director.
- OSC proposes amendments to fee rules
Ontario Securities Commission is proposing amendments to its fee rules. The OSC is considering calculating its fees based on a market participant's most recent fiscal year instead of using a reference year.
- AuRico Gold appoints Stairs as director
AuRico Gold Inc. is appointing Janice Stairs as a director. Ms. Stairs is a director of NovaCopper Inc. and Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Silver Predator appoints Leybold CFO to succeed Jackson
Silver Predator Corp. has appointed Timothy Leybold as CFO to replace Anthony Jackson. Mr. Leybold is currently the CFO of Till Capital, and was previously CFO of Gold Canyon Mining & Construction, and ICO Global Communications.
- Dividend Growth et al. declare distributions
Dividend Growth Split Corp. and others will pay distributions on Oct. 15 to Class A shareholders. The distributions are payable to shareholders of record on Sept. 30.
- Seair to hold conference call on diffusion unit Sept. 25
Seair Inc. will hold a conference call on Sept. 24, 2014, at 4 p.m. EST, to provide an update on its diffusion business. It will also talk about its partnership program, working capital plan and share issues.
- AnalytixInsight's MarketWall slated for Samsung's Gear S
AnalytixInsight Inc.'s MarketWall app developed by its subsidiary, Stockwall, has been mentioned by Samsung at the IFA 2014 conference. MarketWall will apparently be the only financial data app included in Samsung's upcoming Gear S and mobile devices.
- Slate to acquire two U.S. malls, raise $50-million
Slate Retail REIT plans to acquire two malls in Florida and New Hampshire for $35.75-million (U.S.). The REIT will also raise $50-million in a bought-deal offering consisting of 4.26 million Class U trust units at $11.75 each.
- Superior Copper drills 8 m of 2.2% Cu, 2.3 g/t Ag at 3M
Superior Copper Corp. has drilled 8.06 m of 2.22 per cent Cu, 2.31 g/t Ag and 0.11 g/t Au at its Superior project's 3M zone. It has completed 4,086 m of 50,000 planned for its drill program.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.