No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Canadian Oil Sands is headed for another dividend cut, say analysts. Rock Energy lowers its budget, and EnCana and Cenovus say they may do the same. Junex jumps on test results in Quebec. Keystone XL supporters predict U.S. Senate passage by the weekend.
- SEC wins $10-million (U.S.) order against Oppenheimer
The SEC has won $10-million (U.S.) in penalties for Oppenheimer & Co. for facilitating suspicious offshore trades. The SEC says that Oppenheimer allowed a Bahamian firm, Gibraltar Global Securities, to trade large volumes of 92 penny stocks.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Dunnedin Ventures has declared an inferred resource at its Kahuna project. The modest amount of rock and diamonds comes from two dikes drilled by Shear Diamonds years ago. Happy Creek Minerals has tungsten assays from Fox. Geomega Resources is updating its Montviel play.
- ASC wins case over U.S. evidence-sharing
The ASC has defeated a court challenge from Calgary's Scott Beaudette, who is facing a fraud investigation relating to an OTC-BB company, Sunpeaks Ventures Inc. He had complained that the ASC could share incriminating information with U.S. prosecutors.
- Gold Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Alamos Gold drops on poor production results. Eric Sprott joins Kirkland Lake Gold as chairman. Crocodile Gold needs to increase its margins. Rockhaven has a first-ever gold resource in the Yukon.
- Shell Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
David Danziger's Aumento Capital IV will ask shareholders at a Feb. 10 meeting to approve a 1:2 rollback so it can acquire Life Choices Natural Food as its QT. Ron Schmeichel's Mira VI Acquisition has its busiest day of trading since going public last month.
- Energy Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Long Run Exploration suffers a thrashing by analysts. Questerre Energy puts about one-fifth of its production up for sale. Enerplus works to soothe dividend concerns, and Birchcliff Energy says it will have to cut its 2015 spending "significantly."
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Kennady Diamonds has more diamonds from Kelvin. Peregrine Diamonds boosts its tonnage estimates at Chidliak. Great Lakes Graphite finishes drilling Lochaber. Cameo Resources touts Quebec scandium based on promotional optimism.
- SEC wins $5.61-million (U.S.) order for Boock, Shoss
The SEC has secured $5.61-million (U.S.) in new penalties against Toronto's Irwin Boock and a Texas lawyer, Roger Shoss. The sanctions are part of Mr. Boock's punishment for an "egregious" corporate hijacking scheme.
- Gold Summary for Jan. 23, 2015
Centerra Gold hopes for the best this year in the Kyrgyz Republic. A post-postconsolidated Corazon Gold climbs to 20 cents. Ingrid Hibbard's Pelangio Exploration needs a fresh promotion, and Pinetree Capital is halted pending some unlikely-to-be-good news.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Iris BioTechnologies Welcomes New Board Member and Key Employees
- Essex Reports Characteristics of 2014 Dividend
- Silver Standard receives Notice of Reassessment
- INVESTOR ALERT: Class Action Lawsuit Against eHealth, Inc. Announced By Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP
- The Shuman Law Firm Investigates BioScrip, Inc.
- The Shuman Law Firm Investigates Rayonier Inc.
- SEC wins $10-million (U.S.) order against Oppenheimer
- Enstar Group Limited Completes Acquisition of Companion Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- California American Water Accepting Applications for 2015 Environmental Grant Program
- Empire State Realty Trust to Ring the NYSE Opening Bell
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Silver Standard receives $41.4-million tax reassessment
Silver Standard Resources Inc. has received a $41.4-million tax reassessment from the CRA. The reassessment, which the company plans to challenge, relates to the sale of shares of a subsidiary in 2010.
- Taylor refreshes buy of Sandstorm Gold
- Premier releases fiscal 2014 results, no details in NR
Premier Diagnostic Health Services Inc. has released its fiscal 2014 results but has provided no details in its news release.
- ME Resource arranges $200,000 private placement
ME Resource Corp. has arranged a private placement of two million shares at 10 cents for $200,000.
- Colonial Coal to acquire Tuya Energy for 31.7M shares
Colonial Coal International Corp. plans to acquire Tuya Energy, a private B.C. coal company with which it shares directors and management, for 31.7 million shares. The companies will hold shareholder meetings to vote on the transaction around March 19.
- Lanesborough REIT to delist 9% bonds Feb. 12
Lanesborough Real Estate Investment Trust will delist its 9-per-cent second mortgage bonds at the close on Feb. 12, 2015. The trust will redeem all the outstanding bonds on Feb. 12 at $385.59 per $375 of principal amount.
- Xtierra one million shares for services
Xtierra Inc. has received TSX-V approval to issue one million shares at a deemed price of five cents a share in consideration of services provided to the company.
- Uragold Bay agreement for 32 claims in Quebec
Uragold Bay Resources Inc. has filed with the TSX-V its agreement to acquire 32 claims in Quebec. The company must pay $25,000, issue eight million shares and eight million warrants, and spend $400,000 on exploration.
- Anfield Resources 3,263,500-share private placement
Anfield Resources Inc. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 3,263,500 shares at 20 cents a share. There are 12 placees, including four insiders, subscribing.
- Belvedere closes $449,350 final tranche of financing
Belvedere Resources Ltd. has closed the final tranche of its private placement, issuing 6.41 million shares for $449,350. The company has raised $1.5-million from the financing.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.