No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Penn West moves closer to its goal of selling $1.5-billion to $2-billion of assets by year-end. Africa Oil plunges on disappointing results in Kenya. Touchstone Exploration, with plenty of help from Canaccord Genuity, talks up its assets in Trinidad.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Daniel Drimmer's new capital pool shell, Campar Capital, closes its $400,000 IPO and will list on the TSX-V Friday. Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III plans to acquire Solegear Bioplastics as its QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Majescor Resources hopes for royalty income from Brauna. Almaden Minerals will spin off its ATW diamond play and other secondary assets to a new company. Dajin Resources has some cash for Argentinean lithium. Mason Graphite is processing rock from Lac Gueret.
- Fission may see Northern Miner added to defamation case
Fission Uranium Corp. and its CEO, Dev Randhawa, may see the Northern Miner added to a defamation case against them. Geologist Jody Dahrouge complains that the publication has refused to entirely remove an interview in which Mr. Randhawa attacked him.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Verastem Presents New Data on Mesothelioma Programs at the 12th International Mesothelioma Interest Group Meeting
- Whirlpool Completes Acquisition Of Majority Stake In Hefei Sanyo
- COPT Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
- Memorial Resource Development Corp. Announces Third Quarter 2014 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
- Memorial Production Partners LP Announces Third Quarter 2014 Cash Distribution and Third Quarter 2014 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
- LyondellBasell Reports Record Third-Quarter 2014 Results
- Innovus Pharmaceuticals Receives Approval for the Expanded Label Indication for its Zestra(R) Product in Canada for the Temporary Increase of Desire/Arousal in Women with Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder
- First Niagara Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
- DigiPath Corp Expands Global Reach, Provides Pathology Solutions to USAID in Ethiopia
- CNOOC Limited Announces New Discovery Jinzhou 23-2 in Bohai
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Critical Outcome grants options for 1.8 million shares
Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. has granted options to buy 1.8 million shares to directors, officers and employees. The options are exercisable at 29 cents per share for five years.
- Sunshine Oilsands board to meet to approve Q3 results
Sunshine Oilsands Ltd.'s board of directors will meet on Nov. 13 at 7 a.m. (Calgary time) to approve the third quarter 2014 results. The company will release the results once the board approves them.
- Helix loses $8.68-million in fiscal 2014
Helix BioPharma Corp. lost $8.68-million in the year ended July 31, 2014, compared with a loss of $1.54-million in the prior fiscal year. It had research and development expenses of $5.23-million in fiscal 2014 compared with $5.03-million in fiscal 2013.
- Goldon closes 1.25-million-share issuance for debt
Goldon Resources Ltd. has closed the issuance of 1.25 million shares at five cents per share to settle a debt of $62,880. It owed the amount to four creditors.
- Taylor comments on Agnico Eagle
- Taylor says tender Cayden Resources
- Peregrine to list 71.92 million warrants on TSX Oct. 27
Peregrine Diamonds Ltd. will list 71.92 million share purchase warrants on the TSX on Oct. 27, 2014. Each warrant entitles the holder to buy one share for 21 cents until 2 p.m. (Vancouver time) on April 6, 2015.
- Bell Aliant to delist from TSX Oct. 31
Bell Aliant Inc. will delist from the TSX at the close on Oct. 31, 2014. BCE Inc. expects to close its acquisition of the Bell Aliant shares it did not already hold on Oct. 31.
- Tekmira to hold conference call on Q3 results Nov. 6
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp. will hold a conference call to discuss its third quarter financial results on Nov. 6. The call will begin at 2 p.m. PT.
- Spanish Mountain adopts advance notice policy
Spanish Mountain Gold Ltd. has adopted an advance notice policy for shareholders to nominate directors. It must receive notice no fewer than 30 or more than 65 days prior to an AGM. Shareholders will consider the policy at the AGM on Nov. 25.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.