No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Lukas Lundin is buying Fruta del Norte in Ecuador. Euromax arranges a $175-million gold stream from Royal Gold. John Kaiser says the junior resource market is a swamp. Gold-zinc explorer Levon Resources has $40-million, left over from financings in 2011.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Robert Munro and Marc Lavine's Chrysalis Capital IX will acquire Inspira Financial as its QT. The target lends money secured by accounts receivable to small U.S. health care companies.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
North Arrow Minerals has completed its busiest till sampling yet at Pikoo. Drilling should follow. Shore Gold seeks financing; its shareholders tout possible suitors. Search Minerals has cash for Labrador rare earths. Stria Lithium plans work at Pontax.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 20, 2014
Edgewater Exploration hopes to have finally found a joint venturer with 30 million euros. Solitario Exploration can start raising money to build a gold mine in Nevada, and Shawn Ryan continues to tell his story to media outlets, three years after the Yukon gold excitement.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Sigma-Aldrich (NASDAQ - SIAL) Reports Q3 2014 Results With Sales Of $690 Million And Adjusted Diluted EPS Of $1.06. Declares $0.23 Per Share Quarterly Dividend.
- EQT Midstream Partners Reports Q3 2014 Results
- EQT Midstream Partners Reports Q3 2014 Results
- Clio Schils joins Sajan as vice president, global life sciences
- Comcast Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Corus Entertainment Declares Monthly Dividend for Class A and Class B Shareholders
- Eastern Virginia Bankshares, Inc. and Virginia Company Bank Announce Receipt of Shareholder Approval for Eastern Virginia Bankshares, Inc.'s Acquisition of Virginia Company Bank
- UCP Announces Completion of $75 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes
- Under Armour Reports Third Quarter Net Revenues Growth Of 30%; Raises Full Year 2014 Net Revenues And Operating Income Outlook
- Gabelli & Company’s 38th Annual Automotive Aftermarket Symposium
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Globe/wire say GM supports restrictive Tesla proposal
- Rogers Communications earns $332-million in Q3 2014
Rogers Communications Inc. earned $332-million on revenue of $3.252-billion in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014. This compares with earnings of $464-million on revenue of $3.224-billion in the same period in 2013.
- Globe/DJ say GM, rivals hear Takata being investigated
- Penn West to unload $355-million of assets in Alberta
Penn West Petroleum Ltd. has agreed to sell assets in south-central Alberta to a private company for $355-million. The assets are producing 7,500 boe/d, providing a sales metric of $47,000 per flowing barrel.
- Globe says Big Six banks hear growth outlook cloudy
- Pure Gold Mining drills 1.8 m of 14.6 g/t Au at Madsen
Pure Gold Mining Inc. has drilled 1.8 metres of 14.6 g/t gold at the Madsen project in Ontario. This interval included one metre of 22.5 g/t gold. Other results were 2.2 metres of 1.2 g/t gold and 1.3 metres of 1.8 g/t gold.
- Klondex counts two years with no LTAs at Fire Creek
Klondex Mines Ltd. has gone two years without a lost-time accident at its Fire Creek mine in Nevada.
- Potash Corp. earns $317-million (U.S.) in Q3 2014
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. earned $317-million (U.S.) on sales of $1.641-billion (U.S.) in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014. This compares with earnings of $356-million (U.S.) on sales of $1.52-billion (U.S.) in the same period in 2013.
- Globe says ex CIBC client unsure of details at hearing
- Cenovus Energy earns $354-million in Q3 2014
Cenovus Energy Inc. earned $354-million in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014, compared with $370-million in the same period in 2013. The company produced 199,089 bopd in the 2014 quarter, compared with 176,938 bopd in the 2013 quarter.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.