No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Sept. 23, 2014
Gold Reserve is entitled to $740-million in damages from Venezuela. Precipitate Gold has its first-ever drill results, two years after the Dominican Republic gold excitement. Falco Resources hopes to be the next Osisko, and Prosper Gold falls on unprosperous assays.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 23, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's Mira IV Capital Acquisition will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Jeremy Ford's NEX-listed Clear Gold Resources plans to acquire Whale Shark Environmental Technologies, which has developed a technology for cleaning the hulls of ships.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 23, 2014
Rumours abound that Surge Energy will soon make another acquisition. Long Run Exploration puts some Alberta assets on the block. Madalena Energy and Blackbird Energy make intriguing additions to their boards of directors.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 23, 2014
Tsodilo Resources has acquired a kimberlite found 44 years ago in Botswana, but never developed. Diamond Fields International will resume work on its concession off the coast of Namibia. Canada Rare Earth will buy hypothetical concentrate to feed its mythical refineries.
- SEC cites Toronto man for offering 50% kickback
The SEC has filed an administrative case against a Toronto man, Seijin Ki, for a 2011 bribery scheme. The regulator claims that Mr. Ki agreed to pay a 50-per-cent kickback to have a fund manager buy shares in two pink sheets companies.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
Banro trades unusually high volume as it tries to close $156-million in financings. Columbus Gold arranges a $5-million financing from an unnamed investor. Chris Anderson and Patrick Forseille's Ximen Mining is no longer a market darling as it starts drilling in B.C.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
Don Wright and John O'Sullivan's Cinaport Acquisition will complete its acquisition of Mettrum Ltd. next week. The target is a licensed producer of medical marijuana with a grow-op in Bowmanville, Ont.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy says it may strike a deal with Repsol, but it would be smaller than investors were hoping. Niko Resources hits its lowest level ever. The Rockefellers, oil heirs who have been anti-oil-sands for years, pledge to divest from fossil fuels.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
New Nadina Explorations is a Monumental procrastinator once again. In the meantime, Archon Minerals is bunting Buffer diamonds. Matamec Explorations has bought out its Japanese partner for pennies on the dollar. Alphamin Resources has resumed drilling at Bisie.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 19, 2014
Oceanagold says it was one of Alacer's rejected suitors. Imperial Metals' Mount Polley miners are eager to return to work, and Pretium Resources, halfway through its public-comment period, receives the right-of-way from Auramex Resources.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Tim Hortons aims to hire 5,000 Team Members across Canada
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Viasystems Group, Inc. in Connection with the Sale of the Company -VIAS
- MARRONE BIO SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Reminds Investors With Losses in Excess of $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. -- MBII
- ENZYMOTEC SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Reminds Investors With Losses in Excess of $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against Enzymotec Ltd. -- ENZY
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Concur Technologies, Inc. in Connection with the Sale of the Company
- CME Group Named 'Exchange of the Year Asia' by Energy Risk
- Amtech Receives Acceptance of PECVD Production Tools
- Medley Management Inc. Prices Initial Public Offering
- San Diego Healthcare System VA Nurse Receives DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Tim Hortons to hire 5,000 employees across Canada
Tim Hortons Inc. plans to hire 5,000 employees for its restaurants across Canada.
- Aurgent cancels $350,000 private placement
Aurgent Resource Corp. has cancelled its private placement announced on Feb. 20 for $300,000 and increased to $350,000 on March 17. The company will refund subscribers.
- High North nominates Carlson to board
High North Resources Ltd. has nominated Jamie Carlson as a director for the AGM on Sept. 25. Colin Soares will resign from the board but remain president and CEO. Also, High North has entered a commitment letter for a $6-million credit facility.
- Oakmont arranges $5-million private placement
Oakmont Minerals Corp. has arranged a maximum $5-million and minimum $4-million private placement. It hopes to issue a maximum 20 million shares and a minimum 16 million shares at 25 cents per postrollback share.
- Glentel cancels $200-million note offering
Glentel Inc. has cancelled its $200-million offering of notes due in 2019. It is now seeking other financing options to repay borrowings under its secured credit facilities, which mature in October, 2017.
- Taylor says buy Ascot Resources
- FortisBC may upgrade Revelstoke system to natural gas
Fortis Inc.'s FortisBC is studying the idea of powering the community of Revelstoke with cleaner-burning natural gas instead of propane. It would transport liquefied natural gas to Revelstoke, and then vapourize it and use it for power as needed.
- Spot Coffee cafe lease in Toronto terminated
Spot Coffee (Canada) Ltd.'s Spot Coffee cafe on Bremner Boulevard in Toronto has a lease that Concord Adex Developments Corp. has terminated. Concord Adex says there were breaches of covenants in the lease.
- Sandstorm Gold to delist Series C warrants Oct. 7
Sandstorm Gold Ltd.'s Series C warrants will expire and delist from the TSX on Oct. 7, 2014. One Series C warrant entitles the holder to buy 0.145 of a Sandstorm share for $2.
- Forsys shareholder Leonardo to boost holdings to 55.54%
Forsys Metals Corp. investor Leonardo Trust plans to buy 7.2 million units at 25 cents through a private placement. Leonardo and affiliates will then control 65.7 million shares of Forsys, or 55.54 per cent.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.