No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- National Bank hears Steinhoff complain about treatment
National Bank Financial Ltd. has received a response to the lawsuit it filed against Victoria adviser Carolann Steinhoff. She accuses the firm of treating her unfairly and of making her job "so miserable that she would quit."
- Shell Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Joe Tai's CWN Mining plans to option the Top gold-silver project in the Yukon as its QT. It hopes to sell a $4-million private placement of shares at 50 cents each to Chinese investors who will also take over as management of the company.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Barrick has to write down its Lumwana copper mine in Zambia for $1-billion after the country increases its royalty rate. Timmins Gold offers $30-million in cash and shares for Goldgroup's Caballo Blanco gold project in Mexico. Two-cent Red Pine has $1.5-million.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Tsodilo Resources is a happy modeller at BK16. It hopes to be just as happy as a driller. Olivut Resources would like to drill HOAM, someday soon. Houston Lake Mining has a high-grade sample from PAK. Fairmont Resources hopes to dig into Buttercup.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Enerplus sets a "defensive" budget for 2015 and keeps its dividend, for now. Eagle Energy, Argent Energy and Twin Butte Energy add themselves to the list of dividend-cutters. Pan Orient Energy has an interesting new shareholder.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's new capital pool shell, Mira VI Acquisition, will list on the TSX-V Thursday. Michael Davidson's Friday Capital plans to launch Brooks Bergreen's Hitcase as its QT, and Paul Rosen's PharmaCan Capital, a medical marijuana investment company, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Coeur Mining to merge with Paramount Gold in an all-share deal valued at $146-million. Fortuna Silver climbs on news of a mine expansion in Mexico. Atico Mining has a better-than-expected first year of production in Chile, and Mirasol aims to lower its burn rate.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Penn West and Bonavista Energy cut their dividends; Whitecap Resources does not. Pacific Rubiales sells more assets to International Finance Corp. Spyglass Resources suspends its dividend and sells an asset to the newly Canada-focused Eagle Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has extended its Kelvin kimberlite. Canterra Minerals has encouraging till samples on its new diamond projects. Mason Graphite has expanded its graphite resource at Lac Gueret. Niocorp Developments has a potential off-take partner for Elk Creek.
- SEC suspends American Heritage International
The SEC has halted American Heritage International Inc., an Alberta-linked OTC-BB listing promoting electronic cigarettes. The SEC cites potential manipulative activity in the stock, which went to a $1.62 (U.S.) high in March.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- DTE Electric files first electric residential rate increase in four years
- American Realty Capital Properties Issues Statement Regarding Cole Capital® Non-traded REITs
- Rolling Stone Releases "40 Most Groundbreaking Albums of all Time" Presented by the Groundbreaking New 2015 Indian Scout
- Parnell Management Adopts 10b5-1 Trading Plans
- MainSource Financial Group — NASDAQ, MSFG — Announces Common Stock Repurchase Program
- Blue Ridge Bankshares Names New CEO
- Balchem Corporation Announces Dividend
- Franklin Square and GSO Provide Senior Secured Credit Facility to Finance Altamont Capital Partners' Recapitalization of Fox Head, Inc. and Hybrid Apparel
- Siddhartha Kadia, Ph.D. Joins Board of Directors of Newport Corporation
- Putnam Announces Multiclass Distribution Rates for Open End Funds
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Golden Arrow increases placement to $1.5-million
Golden Arrow Resources Corp. has increased its private placement to $1.5-million from $1-million. It will now issue 7.5 million units at 20 cents each.
- Skeena Resources arranges $500,000 private placement
Skeena Resources Ltd. has arranged a $500,000 private placement of FT shares at 15 cents. It will use the proceeds for exploration.
- Cons Westview appoints Awde as director, president, CEO
Consolidated Westview Resource Corp. has appointed Jonathan Awde as a director, president, CEO and board chairman. Richard Silas will resign as president, but will remain as a director and corporate secretary.
- Canada Carbon closes $560,000 private placement
Canada Carbon Inc. has closed a $560,000 private placement of two million flow-through units at 28 cents each. It will use the proceeds for exploration at its Miller property.
- Artisan Energy closes $5.45-million private placement
Artisan Energy Corp. has closed a $5.45-million private placement of 19 million shares at 27 cents and 1.31 million shares at 25 cents. It will use the proceeds for its Tomahawk and Chip Lake projects.
- SMC Ventures halted at 11:38 a.m. PT
SMC Ventures Inc. has been halted at 11:38 a.m. PT on Dec. 19, 2014, at the request of the company, pending news.
- Altima cancels $12.5-million private placement
Altima Resources Ltd. has cancelled its $12.5-million private placement. It has not received any proceeds and will not issue any shares. Also, Altima will not continue with a 1-for-8 rollback of its shares.
- BacTech signs $10-million (U.S.) term sheet with Pala
BacTech Environmental Corp. has signed a term sheet for a $10-million (U.S.) senior debt facility with Pala Investments Ltd. The company will use the facility to develop tailings projects with its bioleaching technology.
- Astur Gold to resume at 12 p.m. PT
Astur Gold Corp. will resume at 12 p.m. PT on Dec. 19, 2014.
- Astur Gold's Salave EIA rejected by Asturias
Astur Gold Corp.'s environmental impact assessment for the Salave deposit has been rejected by the Spanish government. Astur says the decision was based on a report that lacked rigour and analysis.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.