No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- SEC cites Toronto man for offering 50% kickback
The SEC has filed an administrative case against a Toronto man, Seijin Ki, for a 2011 bribery scheme. The regulator claims that Mr. Ki agreed to pay a 50-per-cent kickback to have a fund manager buy shares in two pink sheets companies.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
Banro trades unusually high volume as it tries to close $156-million in financings. Columbus Gold arranges a $5-million financing from an unnamed investor. Chris Anderson and Patrick Forseille's Ximen Mining is no longer a market darling as it starts drilling in B.C.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
Don Wright and John O'Sullivan's Cinaport Acquisition will complete its acquisition of Mettrum Ltd. next week. The target is a licensed producer of medical marijuana with a grow-op in Bowmanville, Ont.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy says it may strike a deal with Repsol, but it would be smaller than investors were hoping. Niko Resources hits its lowest level ever. The Rockefellers, oil heirs who have been anti-oil-sands for years, pledge to divest from fossil fuels.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 22, 2014
New Nadina Explorations is a Monumental procrastinator once again. In the meantime, Archon Minerals is bunting Buffer diamonds. Matamec Explorations has bought out its Japanese partner for pennies on the dollar. Alphamin Resources has resumed drilling at Bisie.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 19, 2014
Oceanagold says it was one of Alacer's rejected suitors. Imperial Metals' Mount Polley miners are eager to return to work, and Pretium Resources, halfway through its public-comment period, receives the right-of-way from Auramex Resources.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 19, 2014
North Sea-focused Ithaca Energy edges up as Scotland rejects independence. Iona Energy dreams of doubling production and starting a dividend. Spyglass Resources enjoys insider buying, and TransCanada's U.S. application for Keystone XL turns six years old.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 19, 2014
Pat DiCapo, who recently launched Bedrocan Cannabis through his POCML 2 shell, files a preliminary prospectus for his third shell, POCML 3. Dundee Securities is handling the $300,000 IPO. Tom Bryson's shell graduate, Enerdynamic Hybrid, continues to be an active trader.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 19, 2014
Kennady Diamonds is raising $5-million for an expanded Kelvin drill program. Matica Enterprises is happy again with its Grumpy Lizard. Alabama Graphite has acquired the old Bama graphite mine. Fairmont Resources has another vanadium-titanium-iron prospect at Buttercup.
- OneMove settles suit from former CEO Salager
OneMove Technologies Inc. has settled a wrongful dismissal suit the company received from its former CEO, Serge Salager. Terms of the settlement are confidential.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Galena State Bank Announces Plan to Rebrand As Illinois Bank & Trust
- Tidewater to Present at the 2014 Johnson Rice Energy Conference
- SemGroup Corporation and Rose Rock Midstream to Participate in the Deutsche Bank 2014 Leveraged Finance Conference
- Pacific Coast Oil Trust Announces October Cash Distribution
- KAR Auction Services Announces Participation in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Horizon Technology Finance to Present at the 2014 JMP Securities Financial Services and Real Estate Conference
- Citadel Selects Ellie Mae’s Encompass Mortgage Management Solution
- Daegis Inc. Announces Expansion of Strategy to Deliver Product Offerings to Meet Customer Needs Across the Enterprise
- CARBO Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Reports Results For Fiscal Second Quarter
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Apivio Systems closes $1.12-million private placement
Apivio Systems Inc. has closed a $1.12-million private placement consisting of 3.22 million units at 35 cents each. The company will use the proceeds for general working capital.
- Technical reschedules special meeting to Nov. 5
Technical Ventures RX Corp. has rescheduled its special shareholders meeting to Nov. 5 from Sept. 26, 2014. The company has arranged a $1.5-million offering of 15 million shares at 10 cents each.
- Valparaiso's Alberta asset purchase plans fall through
Valparaiso Energy Inc. will not continue with its planned purchase of oil and gas assets in north-central Alberta. The owner of the assets has cancelled the LOI for the deal.
- Reservoir, Saxa to develop recycling projects in Italy
Reservoir Capital Corp. will develop recycling and waste-to-energy businesses in Italy with Saxa Gres SrL. It may acquire a 35-per-cent intrest in Saxa Gres and a 65-per-cent interest in spinout company, Saxa Energy.
- FirstService buys U.S. property management businesses
FirstService Corp. has acquired Euclid Management Company and Association Management Services, based in Southern California and Texas, respectively. These are residential property management businesses, whose combined annual revenue totals $15-million.
- Vanadiumcorp closes $50,000 private placement
Vanadiumcorp Resource Inc. has closed its $50,000 private placement of 909,091 units at 5.5 cents. It will the proceeds for Lac Dore fieldwork.
- Cogeco, Cogeco Cable to release fiscal 2014 results
Cogeco Inc. and Cogeco Cable Inc. will release their financial results for fiscal 2014 on Oct. 31, 2014. The companies will hold a conference call and webcast on Nov. 3, 2014, to discuss the results.
- Clear Mountain Resources director Clarke resigns
Clear Mountain Resources Corp. director Thomas Clarke has resigned.
- HudBay completes acquisition of Augusta Resource
HudBay Minerals Inc. has completed its acquisition of Augusta Resource Corp. Augusta has delisted its shares from the NYSE, and will delist its shares from the TSX and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Cdn Convertibles et al. to pay distributions Oct. 15
Canadian Convertibles Plus Fund will pay a 15.625-cent quarterly distribution on Oct. 15 to holders of record on Sept. 30. Strategic Income Allocation Fund will pay a 5.417-cent September distribution on Oct. 15 to holders of record on Sept. 30.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.