No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
The Tsilhqot'in continue to stir up trouble for Russell Hallbauer and Taseko. Nulegacy Gold has $3.5-million, which it hopes to use enticing Barrick into a back-in. David Hutchins tries to calm GRIT investors, and Orefinders awaits results from Ontario exploration.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Gregory Hewitt's 71 Capital plans to acquire Brightstar Seniors Living, which plans to build a senior housing project near Toronto, as its QT. This is Mr. Hewitt's fifth attempt to close a QT for his five-year-old shell.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Surge Energy's Paul Colborne claims he could double the company's dividend from just one asset. Crew Energy talks up the B.C. Montney, where the LNG industry continues to take shape. Canamax Energy enjoys a boost from a neighbour in Alberta.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Adent Capital has moved closer to becoming Proxima Diamonds. Dominion Diamond has a plan to compensate for dwindling reserves at Ekati. Vanadiumcorp Resource has topped its private placement target. International Lithium plans drilling.
- Silvercorp sued over unlawful detention in China
Silvercorp Metals Inc. is a defendant in a lawsuit filed by Kun Huang, a former employee of short-seller Jon Carnes. The suit complains that Silvercorp had Mr. Huang unlawfully detained in China for three years.
- SEC loses motion for default against Amyot, for now
SEC target Jean-Francois Amyot has avoided a default judgment of up to $12.2-million (U.S.) in the Spencer Pharmaceuticals Inc. pump-and-dump case, at least for now. The SEC had sought the sanction after Mr. Amyot went "on strike" in the case.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 20, 20141
Mountain Province Diamonds is working on a new resource estimate for Tuzo. Kennady Diamonds and North Arrow Minerals are processing bulk samples. Commerce Resources is working to cut expenses at its proposed Ashram rare earth mine in Quebec.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Sean Caulfeild's Maestro Capital will list on the TSX-V Thursday, making it the 10th capital pool shell to list this year. Ron Schmeichel has filed a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Mira IV Acquisition, and he is now in the process of selling a $1-million IPO.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration and Rock Energy court investors in Colorado. PanTerra Resource arranges its third acquisition in three months. Securityholders of Arcan Resources reject a complicated rescue offer from Aspenleaf Energy.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Jonathan Awde raises more money for Gold Standard's work in Nevada, where his former boss, Michel David, is struggling. Quaterra options yet another project to Freeport-McMoRan. Gianni Kovacevic returns from summer vacation to close a $1.5-million financing at two cents.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Athabasca Nuclear Corporation Closes Wollaston NE Property Acquisition
- Chemung Financial Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Books-A-Million Invites Super Heroes To ‘Power Up’ in September
- Athabasca Nuclear Corporation Announces Release of June 30, 2014 Financial Statements and MD&A
- Peapack-Gladstone Financial Corporation Filed a Form S-3 Registration Statement
- Walt Disney Records Announces Frozen: The Songs Plus 3 Additional Titles: Frozen: The Songs Vinyl Soundtrack, Frozen Canciones De Una Aventura Congelada And Frozen Score Digital Soundtrack
- Thermal Tennis, Inc. Enters into Merger Agreement with CannaSys, Inc.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. Regarding Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty
- First Bancshares, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results
- SEDAR MD & A
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Athabasca Nuclear closes Wollaston NE acquisition
Athabasca Nuclear Corp. has closed its previously announced acquisition of the Wollaston Northeast property.
- First Capital to buy back convertible debentures
First Capital Realty Inc. plans to buy back Series D to Series J convertible debentures from Aug. 27, 2014, to Aug. 26, 2015. It may buy back up to 10 per cent of the public float.
- Coast receives court OK for acquisition by CWAL
Coast Wholesale Appliances Inc. has received court approval for its acquisition by CWAL Investments Ltd. Coast shareholders will receive $4.65 per share held.
- TD Split et al. get shareholder OK for manager change
TD Split Inc., 5Banc Split Inc. and Big 8 Split Inc.'s shareholders have approved the proposed change in administrator and investment manager of the funds. The new manager will be Timbercreek Asset Management Ltd.
- Miocene Metals receives TSX-V extension for Carube RTO
Miocene Metals Ltd. has received an extension from the TSX-V for its reverse takeover of Carube Resources. It now has until Oct. 30 to complete the deal, but must increase the required financing to a minimum of $2.6-million.
- Bioniche to offer 21.8 million units at 23 cents
Bioniche Life Sciences Inc.'s public offering will consist of 21.8 million units at 23 cents for $5.01-million. It will use the proceeds for a licence application for its bladder cancer treatment program and for working capital.
- Ritchie Bros. sells cranes, trucks on EquipmentOne
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. is holding crane and truck events on its EquipmentOne on-line platform. The truck event will close on Aug. 28, while the crane event will end on Sept. 11.
- Bioniche Life Sciences to resume at 11:30 a.m. PT
Bioniche Life Sciences Inc. will resume at 11:30 a.m. PT on Aug. 22, 2014.
- First Majestic to list on Mexican Stock Exchange
First Majestic Silver Corp. has received authorization to list its shares on the Mexican Stock Exchange. The company expects the shares to begin trading on the BMV on Monday, Aug. 25, 2014. It will retain its listings on the TSX and the NYSE.
- Microbix closes $1.22-million private placement
Microbix Biosystems Inc. has closed its $1.22-million private placement of 3.13 million units at 39 cents. Insiders have subscribed for 1.96 million units.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.