No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- SEC target Babikian loses asset freeze ruling
SEC target John Babikian has lost his attempt to have a freeze over his U.S. assets removed or reduced. A judge has ruled there is a strong likelihood that Mr. Babikian, who operated the AwesomePennyStocks.com site, committed securities fraud.
- Gold Summary for April 23, 2014
Rumours that Barrick and Newmont will merge continue to circulate. Glenn Mullan hopes to finally cash in on a small piece of land next to Osisko. Claude Resources increases first-quarter production. Nevada Sunrise climbs on more JV assays.
- Shell Summary for April 23, 2014
Scott Hayduk's NEX shell, Tilting Capital, plans to acquire MMJ Bioscience, a company in Duncan, B.C., that has applied for a licence to produce medical marijuana. Canaccord Genuity will handle a private placement for MMJ Bioscience after the broker completes due diligence.
- Energy Summary for April 23, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration's joint venturers like their results so far. Manitok Energy hopes to release results of a five-well program in its new core area within weeks. Yangarra Resources plans to raise $25-million for more Cardium and Glauconite drilling.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for April 23
Stymied at U2 in Ontario, Metalex Ventures has been hunting diamonds at Wemindji in Quebec. Tsodilo Resources has finally received permit extensions in Botswana. Canada Strategic Metals wants to raise $1-million for exploration.
- Boss Power sued by geologist over Blizzard money
Boss Power Corp. is a defendant in a lawsuit over the Blizzard uranium claim. Geologist Adam Travis, who initially staked the property, claims he is entitled to part of the $30-million expropriation settlement Boss received.
- Shell Summary for April 22, 2014
Darren Devine's NEX shell, Oculus Ventures, plans to acquire Cameron Chell's tech company, Slyce Inc., as its QT. Kevin Taylor, a busy shell-maker and promoter, is a director of Slyce, which is good news for Oculus shareholders.
- Energy Summary for April 22, 2014
Spartan Energy enjoys better-than-expected test results in Saskatchewan. Dr. Charle Gamba, CEO of Canacol Energy in Colombia, joins the board of Horizon Petroleum to help look for projects in Africa. Yangarra Resources continues to rise.
- Gold Summary for April 22, 2014
Sandstorm Gold plans to absorb Sandstorm Metals and then focus only on gold. Malbex Resources options its Argentine gold property to Barrick Gold. Alexandria Minerals prepares to drill in Quebec with $5.5-million.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for April 22
Dominion Diamond is predicting higher rough diamond prices this year. Margaret Lake Diamonds now has enough cash to start exploring. NXA Inc. wants to become Ontario Graphite and reopen an old mine. Solomon Resources is looking at tin once again.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Lumos Networks to Present at Investor Conferences in May of 2014
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Advanced Emissions Solutions, Inc. - ADES
- Proto Labs, Inc. Audio Replay of April 24, 2014 Conference Call Delayed
- Clean Coal Technologies Announces Reverse Stock Split Will Take Effect April 25, 2014
- Blue Calypso Announces That Federal Circuit Denies Groupon's Petition for Transfer of Patent Infringement Case
- Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri: First Quarter 2014 Results
- SEC target Babikian loses asset freeze ruling
- Alaska Airlines Announces $2.5 Million Gift to Build Aerospace Education Center at The Museum of Flight
- Oxford Immunotec Schedules First Quarter 2014 Earnings Release and Conference Call for May 6, 2014
- Align Technology to Host Analyst Meeting on May 29, 2014
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- JM Capital II halted at 10 a.m. PT
JM Capital II Corp. has been halted at 10 a.m. PT on April 24, 2014, at the request of the company, pending news.
- Winpak earns $16.45-million (U.S.) in Q1
Winpak Ltd. earned $16.45-million (U.S.) on revenue of $188.07-million (U.S.) in Q1 2014. It earned $15.85-million (U.S.) on revenue of $169.94-million (U.S.) in Q1 2013.
- Zazu Metals' Lik PEA estimates posttax IRR of 9.7%
Zazu Metals Corp. has filed a preliminary economic assessment on SEDAR for its Lik property in Alaska. Assuming a zinc price of 92 cents a pound, Lik has an estimated posttax internal rate of return of 9.7 per cent and a net present value of $25-million.
- Frontline Gold to option Crowshore property in Ontario
Frontline Gold Corp. has agreed to option the Crowshore property in Ontario. The company can acquire up to a 100-per-cent interest in the property by issuing two million shares over four years, paying $61,200 and granting a 2-per-cent NSR to the optionor.
- TriMetals' battering an "opportunity to invest," says CEO
TriMetals Mining Inc.'s CEO is urging readers to invest in the company following the recent battering of its shares and ahead of the release of its Gold Springs PEA. It continues to seek partners for its Escalones project.
- RDM to release fiscal Q2 2014 results May 1
RDM Corp. will release its financial results for fiscal Q2 2014 on May 1, 2014. The company will host a conference call to discuss the results at 9 a.m. ET the same day.
- AM Gold increases financing to $367,500
AM Gold Inc. has amended its previously announced $270,000 financing. Instead, the company will raise $367,500 by selling FT and NFT shares at 5.25 cents. It will use the money for its mineral projects and for general corporate purposes.
- Neptune receives U.S. patent for Alzheimer's treatment
Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. has received a U.S. patent for treatment of Alzheimer's disease. The patent is valid until 2022.
- Granite Creek completes $250,000 private placement
Granite Creek Gold Ltd. has completed its $250,000 private placement of five million units at five cents each. It has hired FronTier Merchant Capital Group for 12 months of investor relations services at $5,000 per month.
- Antrim Energy completes sale of U.K. subsidiary
Antrim Energy Inc. has completed the previously announced sale of its Antrim Resources (N.I.) Ltd. subsidiary in the U.K. Antrim has now settled its outstanding obligations under payment and oil swap deals with two Credit Suisse units.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.