No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for July 24, 2014
James Varanese's Triox Ltd. plans to acquire eQube Technology and Software, an Edmonton bingo company, as its QT. Catalyst Gaming, a Hong Kong company associated with Mr. Varanese, will arrange a $1.5-million private placement for the target and help it find new business.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 24, 2014
Delrand Resources is looking for new projects but still promises Congo drilling. Shore Gold is still looking for financing for its Star-Orion South diamond mine. Search Minerals thinks it can cut costs at Foxtrot.
- Gold Summary for July 24, 2014
Sacre-Coeur Minerals needs to close a $12-million debt financing immediately. Sandspring Resources is closer to building a mine in Guyana. Phoenix Gold increases its promotion with Mark Chadwick, and Vancouver brokers love a deal.
- BCSC fines Brenner $30,000, bans him for two years
The BCSC has banned Walter Brenner for two years and fined him $30,000 for lying to commission investigators. He repeatedly concealed his interest in an account he controlled through a Liechtenstein trust.
- Gold Summary for July 23, 2014
Gold Reserve hopes for a $1-billion final arbitration decision. IDM Mining says a mine at Red Mountain would cost only $76-million. Moag Copper and Highbank argue over $4-million in shares, and Galantas seems set in its old Irish ways.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 23, 2014
Pangolin Diamonds has found a small macrodiamond in a Malatswae soil sample. Arctic Star Exploration is seeking new projects while its partner drills for Redemption diamonds. Globex Mining Enterprises wants to drill for rare earths or diamonds in Northern Quebec.
- BCSC cites Dowlati, embarrasses community newspaper
The BCSC has filed a case against Noshad Dowlati, the operator of an investing blog, for defrauding an investor. The action must be somewhat embarrassing for a reporter of 22 years who provided some very flattering coverage to Mr. Dowlati in 2012.
- Canaccord responds to analyst who quit after low bonus
Canaccord Genuity Corp. denies that it owes anything to Juan Plessis, a former research analyst who quit after receiving a lower-than-expected bonus of $75,000. Mr. Plessis's bonus was in line with his poor performance, Canaccord says.
- Shell Summary for July 22, 2014
Matthew Watson's capital pool shell, Way Ventures, plans to close its acquisition of UGE Holdings by next week. The target, managed by Nick Blitterswyk, sells wind turbines.
- Gold Summary for July 22, 2014
Newmont and Freeport continue to butt heads with Indonesia. Barisan Gold happily drills with no trouble at its Upper Tengkereng property, while its former parent, East Asia, is running out of money. Buccaneer plans to spin out its gold properties.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Arem Pacific Corporation Signs Definitive Acquisition Agreement With ChangSha GuoMao Entertainment Plaza
- INVESTOR ALERT - MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc.: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Launch an Investigation into MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. - MWIV
- Salisbury Bancorp, Inc. Reports Results for Second Quarter 2014; Declares 28 Cent Dividend
- Delta Board of Directors Names Francis S. "Frank" Blake as Newest Member
- NXT-ID Updates Social Media Consumer Wocket Smart Wallet Competition "Show Us Your Wallet", #Needawocket
- Hydrogenics Selected for 2 Megawatt Energy Storage Facility in Ontario
- The First of Long Island Corporation Announces Increases in Net Income for the Six and Three Months Ended June 30, 2014
- New York Mortgage Trust 2014 Second Quarter Conference Call Scheduled for Wednesday, August 6, 2014
- Ferrellgas, L.P. and Ferrellgas Finance Corp. Commence Exchange Offer for $475 Million of Senior Notes Due 2022
- Imprivata to Release Q2 2014 Financial Results on August 4, 2014
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- 3MV shareholders approve all matters at AGM
3MV Energy Corp. shareholders elected all matters proposed at the AGM on July 16, 2014, including the election of five directors. The company has issued 264,920 shares to Audax Investments Ltd. to settle a quarterly interest.
- Hydrogenics to build energy storage plant in Ontario
Hydrogenics Corp. will provide energy storage services for Ontario's Independent Electricity System Operator. Hydrogenics and Enbridge Inc. will develop, build and run a two-megawatt storage plant in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Alphamin gains DRC government support for Bisie mine
Alphamin Resources Corp. has gained approval from the DRC government to develop a large-scale mining operation at its Bisie tin prospect. The company expects to begin mine construction at Mpama North in 2016.
- Armtec to release Q2 2014 results, hold call Aug. 8
Armtec Infrastructure Inc. will release its financial results for the second quarter of 2014 on Friday, Aug. 8. It will hold a conference call on the same day at 9:30 a.m. ET to discuss the results.
- Sprott closes $9-million overallotment
Sprott Inc. has closed its $9-million overallotment option comprising three million $3 shares. The overallotment option increased the offering to $69-million.
- Niogold Mining halted at 6:46 a.m. PT
Niogold Mining Corp. has been halted at 6:46 a.m. PT on July 25, 2014, at the company's request, pending news.
- Minco to sell Gold Bull Mtn for seven million renminbi
Minco Gold Corp. will sell its Gold Bull Mountain project in China to a private Chinese individual for seven million renminbi. It has received a first payment equal to 30 per cent of the total price.
- Caspian issues 3.13 million shares to settle debts
Caspian Energy Inc. has issued 3.13 million shares to settle debts. The creditors are former CEO William Ramsay, director Brian Korney and director Gordon Harris.
- Bioasis finds Transcendpep reduces target gene in brain
Bioasis Technologies Inc. has found that its Transcendpep reduces target gene expression in the brain. The target gene expression was reduced by 40 per cent to 50 per cent after a single dose.
- FP says squeezing Bell Aliant savings might not be easy
Click here for more Canadian headlines.