No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for April 27, 2015
Eastmain Resources slips after a disappointing resource update in Quebec. Treasury Metals hopes the Ontario public approves its Goliath gold mine plan. Melkior Resources and Gungnir both have busier-than-usual trading days.
- Shell Summary for April 27, 2015
Daniel Drimmer's Campar Capital, a capital pool shell destined for the real estate sector, is among the few shells that traded today. Jeffrey Ciachurski's shell graduate, Greenbriar Capital, starts making plans to build its 100-megawatt solar power project in Puerto Rico.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Apr. 27, 2015
Ninety-two Resources plans to use diamonds in a reverse takeover restructuring. Alto Ventures has kimberlite targets near Pikoo. Turbo Capital is seeking new projects. Eurotin is drilling Oropesa. IMX Resources is a high-level studier.
- Energy Summary for April 27, 2015
Surge Energy sells $430-million of assets in Saskatchewan and Manitoba to TORC Oil. Pine Cliff Energy picks up another gassy property in Alberta. Ithaca Energy sells its Norwegian operations and continues its negotiations with lenders.
- BCSC-banned Briner criminally charged
BCSC-banned lawyer John Briner, already in much regulatory trouble, is defending a criminal case as well. Crown prosecutors claim that he violated a ban the BCSC imposed on him in 2011.
- SMC Entertainment's Bigelow arrested in Florida
SMC Entertainment Inc.'s alleged promoter, Dwayne Bigelow, has been arrested in Florida for a $9.4-million (U.S.) pump-and-dump scheme. Prosecutors claim that he and others ran a paid promotion campaign with SMC and two other stocks from 2009 to 2011.
- Shell Summary for April 24, 2015
Jeremy Ford's Clear Gold plans to roll back 1:2 and acquire Whale Shark Environmental Technologies, which builds machines for cleaning barnacles and gunk off ships' bottoms. The shell is now searching for investors for a $2.5-million private placement priced at 25 cents.
- Gold Summary for April 24, 2015
Yamana Gold offers $17-million to acquire Ewan Downie's Mega Precious Metals. Noront faces a rival bidder in Ontario. Bullman Minerals arranges a $7.2-million financing, and AurCrest Gold plans to make Lac Seul member Chris Angeconeb president.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Apr. 24, 2015
Kennady Diamonds has diamond counts from two new areas at Kelvin. Peregrine Diamonds is drilling the fourth of six CH-7 mini-bulk holes. American Vanadium has raised some cash for CellCube sales. Orbite Aluminae will have first quarter results and a plant update next week.
- Multivision's Nazerali denies Imagis an "obvious pump"
Multivision Communications Corp.'s Aly Nazerali testified Friday on Imagis Technologies' 2002 go-private offer from Pembridge. He denied defence lawyer Roger McConchie's claims that he knew "from day one" that Pembridge's founder was "running a scam."
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Bayport International Holdings, Inc. Retains Bellwether Capital Management, LP
- PBT2 Recommended for Orphan Designation in Europe
- Micron Prices $1 Billion Offering of Senior Notes
- Maui Land & Pineapple Reports 1st Quarter 2015 Results
- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Announces Filing of a Class Action Lawsuit Against Emulex Corporation (ELX)
- Ctrip Filed 2014 Annual Report on Form 20-F
- MOBILEIRON INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates MobileIron, Inc. Following Disappointing Preliminary Results and CFO Resignation - MOBL
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of HanesBrands Inc. - HBI
- Retail Properties of America, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2015 Dividends on Preferred and Common Stock
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of The Board of Directors of Palmetto Bancshares Inc.
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Coastal Gold receives share offer from First Mining
Coastal Gold Corp. has received an offer from First Mining Finance Corp. consisting of 0.12 First Mining share for each Coastal Gold share held. A special committee is comparing the offer from Sulliden Mining Capital Inc. with that from First Mining.
- West African to file NI 43-101-compliant Mankarga 5 PFS
West African Resources Ltd. will revise and refile an NI 43-101-compliant prefeasibility study for its Mankarga 5 gold project in Burkina Faso. It warns investors not to rely on the previously released prefeasibility study.
- FP Newspapers to hold Q1 conference call May 14
FP Newspapers Inc. will hold its first quarter conference call May 14 at 1:30 p.m. ET. Chairman Ron Stern, Winnipeg Free Press publisher Bob Cox and CFO Dan Koshowski will discuss the quarterly results.
- Parallel Energy renews, reduces credit facility
Parallel Energy Trust has renewed its revolving credit facility until Sept. 30, 2015, and reduced it to $165-million (U.S.). Its interest rate has been increased to 2 per cent per year.
- Just Energy investor Great Pacific buys 419,400 shares
Just Energy Group Inc. investor Great Pacific Capital Corp. has acquired 419,400 Just Energy shares. Great Pacific and its owner, Jim Pattison, now hold 24.7 million Just Energy shares.
- Alacer earns $15.2-million (U.S.) in Q1
Alacer Gold Corp. earned $15.2-million (U.S.) or five U.S. cents per share in the first quarter 2015. Also, it has revised its 2015 guidance, lowering the oxide ore tonnes treated to six million and increasing oxide ore grade to 1.5 grams per tonne gold.
- Cosigo appoints Rendle acting CFO, CEO, secretary
Cosigo Resources Ltd. has appointed Andy Rendle as acting CFO, CEO and corporate secretary. It has also appointed Robert Collawn and Hector Cuevas as temporary independent directors.
- Highmark spinoff MJ to acquire Lightning Industries
Highmark Marketing Inc.'s spun-off company, MJ Bioscience Corp., will acquire Lightning Industries Inc. It will issue 10 million shares, and four million bonus shares if Lighting reaches certain milestones.
- Oban Mining closes $500,000 private placement
Oban Mining Corp. has closed a private placement of five million shares at 10 cents for $500,000. The company will use the proceeds for exploration on its Canadian properties.
- TransAlta to pay quarterly dividends June 30, July 1
TransAlta Corp. will pay an 18-cent quarterly dividend on its common shares July 1 to holders of record on June 1. It will also pay quarterly dividends on its preferred shares, Series A, C, E and G, June 30 to holders of record on June 1.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.