No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Penn West moves closer to its goal of selling $1.5-billion to $2-billion of assets by year-end. Africa Oil plunges on disappointing results in Kenya. Touchstone Exploration, with plenty of help from Canaccord Genuity, talks up its assets in Trinidad.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Daniel Drimmer's new capital pool shell, Campar Capital, closes its $400,000 IPO and will list on the TSX-V Friday. Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III plans to acquire Solegear Bioplastics as its QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Majescor Resources hopes for royalty income from Brauna. Almaden Minerals will spin off its ATW diamond play and other secondary assets to a new company. Dajin Resources has some cash for Argentinean lithium. Mason Graphite is processing rock from Lac Gueret.
- Fission may see Northern Miner added to defamation case
Fission Uranium Corp. and its CEO, Dev Randhawa, may see the Northern Miner added to a defamation case against them. Geologist Jody Dahrouge complains that the publication has refused to entirely remove an interview in which Mr. Randhawa attacked him.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Cerro Grande Mining Corporation closes US$700,000 Private Placement and completes Debt Settlement
- Southside Bancshares, Inc. Announces Net Income for the Three and Nine Months Ended September 30, 2014
- Oncolytics Biotech® Inc. Announces Entry Into $20 Million "At-The-Market" Equity Distribution Agreement with Canaccord Genuity Inc.
- Altisource Residential Corporation Schedules Third Quarter Conference Call
- Altisource Asset Management Corporation Schedules Third Quarter Conference Call
- Delek Logistics Partners, LP Increases Quarterly Cash Distribution to $0.490 per Limited Partner Unit
- Magellan Health Opens Toll-Free Number Following Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Washington
- TheGrantLawFirm Announces Investigation of Trinity Industries, Inc.
- Pattern Energy Files Form 8-K Related to 2014 Second Quarter Filing
- Koss Plans Move to NASDAQ Capital Market
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Capital Power loses $57-million in Q3
Capital Power Corp. lost $57-million on revenue of $248-million in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014. This compares with a profit of $59-million on revenue of $380-million in the same year-ago quarter.
- Banks Island samples up to 214 g/t Au at Tel zone
Banks Island Gold Ltd. has sampled up to 214 g/t gold at the Tel zone of the Yellow Giant gold project. The samples also contained up to 1,490 g/t silver.
- Celestica's Muhlhauser enters security disposition plan
Celestica Inc.'s president and CEO Craig Muhlhauser has entered an automatic securities disposition plan. A broker will sell up to 274,992 shares from Nov. 23, 2014, to Oct. 30, 2015.
- Ivernia to release Q3 results Oct. 28
Ivernia Inc. will release its third quarter financial results after market close on Oct. 28, 2014. The company will not hold a conference call.
- Great Atlantic raises $248,200 from financing tranches
Great Atlantic Resouces Corp. has raised $248,200 over three private placement tranches. It issued 1.46 million units at 17 cents per unit. Also, shareholders elected three directors at the company's AGM on Sept. 30.
- Petra Petroleum enters definitive deal for Mitra RTO
Petra Petroleum Inc. has entered a definitive agreement for its proposed RTO with Mitra Energy Ltd. Petra has agreed to subscribe for $5-million (U.S.) of Mitra's senior unsecured convertible bonds.
- Opawica hits no significant gold at Teck Kirkland
Opawica Explorations Inc. has hit no significant gold at its Teck Kirkland project in Ontario. It has drilled anomalous silver and copper, but it provides no assays in its NR.
- Tanager Energy 3,437,500-unit private placement
Tanager Energy Inc. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 3,437,500 units at eight cents a unit. One placee is subscribing.
- Tyhee Gold 4,888,889-share private placement
Tyhee Gold Corp. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 4,888,889 shares at nine cents per share. There are seven placees subscribing.
- AurCrest closes $22,500 final tranche of placement
AurCrest Gold Inc. has closed a $22,500 final tranche of its private placement, issuing 450,000 working capital units. It will use the proceeds to continue drilling at its Richardson Lake project.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.