Stockwatch Street Wires - Subscribe by Email
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 3, 2015
Dunnedin Ventures wants to raise $1.1-million, most of it to explore Kahuna. GGL Resource is still trying to raise cash. Canada Rare Earth wants to take over an affiliated company. Nevada Sunrise Gold wants to find lithium.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 3, 2015
Corvus Gold has raised $2-million from its growing "family" to poke further at Bullfrog. Sirios Resources has begun work at Cheechoo, a gold play in Northern Quebec. Temex Resources is touting support for its planned merger with Lake Shore Gold.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 3, 2015
David Stadnyk's NEX shell, Viper Gold, plans to acquire QuikFlo Technologies for 30 million shares. David Brett's Inovent Capital settles its dispute with former QT target, Canada Jetlines.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 3, 2015
Canadian Oil Sands lowers investors' expectations for this year's production. Canacol Energy rises thanks to a nearly $80-million investment from a new shareholder. Pacific Exploration reportedly risks losing operatorship of its new block in Peru.
- Diversified ex Bennett asks to exit U.S., judge says no
Diversified Royalty Corp.'s former chairman, John Bennett, has lost an attempt to return to Canada. He had sought to receive medical care in his home country, but the New Jersey judge overseeing his bribery case has refused.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 2, 2015
David Mitchell's Whiteknight Acquisitions III plans to acquire Dr. Joseph Gabriele's pain relief cream company, Delivra Inc. Two real estate investors, Philip Langridge and Brad Wise, have agreed to acquire cheap shares of Jeffrey Witherell's shell, Plymouth Realty.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 2, 2015
Theia Resources has begun drilling at 2 X Fred in central British Columbia. Goldsource Mines construction in Guyana is going well. Rockhaven Resources has wrapped up drilling at Klaza in Yukon.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 2, 2015
Shore Gold has its diamond counts from a spring drill program. Lithium Americas and Western Lithium USA got near unanimous support for their planned merger. Commerce Resources has more assays from its big Ashram deposit. Vanadiumcorp Resource plans a Lac Dore site tour.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 2, 2015
Parex Resources' joint venturer GeoPark trumpets two new oil discoveries at their shared block in Colombia. Manitok Energy faces production setbacks and seeks "recapitalization opportunities." Twin Butte Energy enjoys more insider buying.
- SEC fines, bans Ontario man for OTC-BB manipulations
The SEC has won a seven-year penny stock ban and $1.3-million (U.S.) in penalties against Ontario's George Tazbaz. The regulator claimed he was part of a $10.6-million (U.S.) scheme to manipulate two Chinese OTC-BB companies.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Quebecor receives bureau nod for Archambault sale
Quebecor Inc.'s Archambault has received Competition Bureau approval to sell its retail business to Renaud-Bray. The sale includes the 14 Archambault stores, the website and the Paragraphe Bookstore.more...
- Faircourt Split to pay 15-cent distribution Sept. 30
Faircourt Split Trust will pay a distribution of 15 cents per unit on Sept. 30, 2015. The distribution is payable to unitholders of record on Sept. 21, 2015.more...
- Abattis Bioceuticals appoints Comis to board
Abattis Bioceuticals Corp. has appointed Barry Comis, owner and principal of Pure Logic Technologies, to the board of directors. Emanuel Montenegrino has resigned from the board. It has appointed Andrea Bates as COO of Vergence.more...
- BlackBerry to acquire Good Technology for $425-million
BlackBerry Ltd. has agreed to acquire Good Technology for $425-million. The company says Good will help it offer a unified, secure mobility platform with applications for any mobile device on any operating system.more...
- Globe says TD finds value in gas plays ARC, others
- Globe says Precision target trimmed to $8.50 from $11
- Lundin Mining files Candelaria NI 43-101 report
Lundin Mining Corp. has filed its updated NI 43-101 technical report on the Candelaria complex in Chile.more...
- Kicking Horse appoints Grandberg as VP, finance, CFO
Kicking Horse Energy Inc. has appointed Aaron Grandberg as VP, finance, and CFO. Mr. Grandberg was previously CFO of StonePoint Energy Inc.more...
- Sprott Resources to buy back up to 8.5 million shares
Sprott Resource Corp. plans to buy back up to 8.5 million shares starting Sept. 10, 2015. It may buy back up to 31,162 shares per day until Sept. 9, 2016.more...
- Globe says Quebecor heir looks for Caisse's NHL support
Click here for more headlines.