No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Dalradian Resources rises after arranging a financing with Ross Beaty. The mining promoter says he is bullish on gold juniors and renewable energy this year. Sandstorm Gold talks up 10 new royalties, only one of which is of much interest.
- Shell Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Peter Hughes's BHK Resources completes its QT by acquiring the Ndjole manganese and gold property in Gabon. The company paid $1.5-million (U.S.) in cash for the property.
- Energy Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Canadian Oil Sands is headed for another dividend cut, say analysts. Rock Energy lowers its budget, and EnCana and Cenovus say they may do the same. Junex jumps on test results in Quebec. Keystone XL supporters predict U.S. Senate passage by the weekend.
- SEC wins $10-million (U.S.) order against Oppenheimer
The SEC has won $10-million (U.S.) in penalties for Oppenheimer & Co. for facilitating suspicious offshore trades. The SEC says that Oppenheimer allowed a Bahamian firm, Gibraltar Global Securities, to trade large volumes of 92 penny stocks.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Dunnedin Ventures has declared an inferred resource at its Kahuna project. The modest amount of rock and diamonds comes from two dikes drilled by Shear Diamonds years ago. Happy Creek Minerals has tungsten assays from Fox. Geomega Resources is updating its Montviel play.
- ASC wins case over U.S. evidence-sharing
The ASC has defeated a court challenge from Calgary's Scott Beaudette, who is facing a fraud investigation relating to an OTC-BB company, Sunpeaks Ventures Inc. He had complained that the ASC could share incriminating information with U.S. prosecutors.
- Gold Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Alamos Gold drops on poor production results. Eric Sprott joins Kirkland Lake Gold as chairman. Crocodile Gold needs to increase its margins. Rockhaven has a first-ever gold resource in the Yukon.
- Shell Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
David Danziger's Aumento Capital IV will ask shareholders at a Feb. 10 meeting to approve a 1:2 rollback so it can acquire Life Choices Natural Food as its QT. Ron Schmeichel's Mira VI Acquisition has its busiest day of trading since going public last month.
- Energy Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Long Run Exploration suffers a thrashing by analysts. Questerre Energy puts about one-fifth of its production up for sale. Enerplus works to soothe dividend concerns, and Birchcliff Energy says it will have to cut its 2015 spending "significantly."
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Kennady Diamonds has more diamonds from Kelvin. Peregrine Diamonds boosts its tonnage estimates at Chidliak. Great Lakes Graphite finishes drilling Lochaber. Cameo Resources touts Quebec scandium based on promotional optimism.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- AmeriGas Propane Declares Partnership Distribution
- Avon Names James S. Scully Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Albemarle reports fourth quarter and full year 2014 results
- VSE Corporation Closes on Killick Aerospace Acquisition
- Green Plains to Discuss Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2014 Financial Results
- Goldman Sachs to Present at the 2015 Credit Suisse Financial Services Forum
- Federman & Sherwood Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Leapfrog Enterprises, Inc.
- Canadian Pacific announces US$700 million debt offering
- RAIT Financial Trust Schedules Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2014 Financial Results Release Date and Conference Call
- Suncor Energy to release fourth quarter 2014 financial results
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Wise Oakwood cancels QT with Phoenix
Wise Oakwood Ventures Inc. has cancelled its acquisition of Phoenix Coal Investments Ltd. It will evaluate other assets for its QT.
- CGI Group shareholders elect 14 directors at AGM
CGI Group Inc. shareholders elected 14 directors at the AGM on Jan. 28.
- NovaGold loses $40.48-million (U.S.) in fiscal 2014
NovaGold Resources Inc. lost $40.48-million (U.S.) or 13 U.S. cents per basic and diluted share in the year ended Nov. 30, 2014. This compares with a loss of $62.76-million (U.S.) or 20 U.S. cents per basic and diluted share in the prior fiscal year.
- VIQ Solutions CFO Hersh to retire Jan. 31
VIQ Solutions Inc. CFO Karen Hersh will retire effective Jan. 31. Ms. Hersh will remain with the company for a transition period through April 30. She has been with the company since its inception a decade ago.
- Celestica to hold AGM April 21
Celestica Inc. will hold its AGM on April 21, 2015, at 9 a.m. ET. The record date is March 6, 2015.
- Maple Leaf Green submits more info for MMPR application
Maple Leaf Green World Inc. has provided information requested by Health Canada for the company's MMPR application. The information includes a security plan and the credentials of the company's proposed quality assurance person.
- Morro Bay files fiscal 2014 results; no details in NR
Morro Bay Resources Ltd. has filed its financial statements for the year ended Sept. 30, 2014, but has not provided details on profit or loss. The company's cash and cash equivalents currently stand at $267,000.
- AgriMarine sets up credit facility for up to $5-million
AgriMarine Holdings Inc. has arranged a one-year, 12.68-per-cent credit facility for up to $5-million with Dundee Agricultural Corp. AgriMarine plans to draw down $1.02-million.
- InterRent to acquire two Ottawa complexes for $27.75MM
InterRent Real Estate Investment Trust intends to acquire two multifamily complexes in Ottawa for $27.75-million. To finance the buy, the REIT has arranged a $75-million bought deal of 11.71 million units at $6.40.
- Ballard customer receives EU financing for 21 buses
Ballard Power Systems Inc. customer Van Hool N.V. has received EU financing for 21 more fuel cell buses in Europe through the 3Emotion program. Ballard plans to deliver the buses to Van Hool in 2015 and 2016.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.