No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's new capital pool shell, Mira VI Acquisition, will list on the TSX-V Thursday. Michael Davidson's Friday Capital plans to launch Brooks Bergreen's Hitcase as its QT, and Paul Rosen's PharmaCan Capital, a medical marijuana investment company, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Coeur Mining to merge with Paramount Gold in an all-share deal valued at $146-million. Fortuna Silver climbs on news of a mine expansion in Mexico. Atico Mining has a better-than-expected first year of production in Chile, and Mirasol aims to lower its burn rate.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Penn West and Bonavista Energy cut their dividends; Whitecap Resources does not. Pacific Rubiales sells more assets to International Finance Corp. Spyglass Resources suspends its dividend and sells an asset to the newly Canada-focused Eagle Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has extended its Kelvin kimberlite. Canterra Minerals has encouraging till samples on its new diamond projects. Mason Graphite has expanded its graphite resource at Lac Gueret. Niocorp Developments has a potential off-take partner for Elk Creek.
- SEC suspends American Heritage International
The SEC has halted American Heritage International Inc., an Alberta-linked OTC-BB listing promoting electronic cigarettes. The SEC cites potential manipulative activity in the stock, which went to a $1.62 (U.S.) high in March.
- Viosolar defendant Winsor pleads guilty
Viosolar Inc. defendant Caroline Winsor, aka Caroline Danforth, has pleaded guilty to broker bribery charges in Pennsylvania. Prosecutors claim she and another Canadian agreed to pay a 20-per-cent kickback on purchases of two pink sheets listings.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Stornoway Diamond is on schedule and budget with construction at Renard. Mountain Province Diamonds has another impact benefits agreement for Gahcho Kue. Zenyatta Ventures fell hard after it suggested investors should not soon expect its Albany dream sheet.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Barkerville Gold appoints Trelawney's Greg Gibson and Lake Shore's Tony Makuch as directors. Helio Resources has $3-million in working capital to drill for gold in Tanzania. Mandalay Resources has $15-million and gold mines in Chile, Australia and Sweden.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Talisman Energy accepts a $9.33-a-share cash offer from Repsol. Lightstream Resources and Long Run Exploration slash their dividends, while TORC Oil defends its dividend's safety. EnCana bucks the trend and boosts its budget for 2015.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Marc Cernovitch's Valor Ventures will roll back 1:5 and then sell a private placement of 22 million shares at five cents. Harry Chew's Bi-Optic Ventures closes a $500,000 private placement and Peter Hughes's BHK Resources still plans to acquire a manganese property in Gabon.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- UniFirst Corporation Plans to Announce First Quarter Results on January 7, 2015
- Abengoa Awarded 950 GWh/Year in Chilean Supply Tender for 15 Years
- TD Bank Group launches 2014 online Annual Report
- Wayne Savings Bancshares, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
- RBC Global Asset Management Inc. announces annual reinvested capital gains distributions for RBC ETFs
- RBC Global Asset Management Inc. announces RBC ETF monthly cash distributions for December 2014
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Acquires Affinity Marketing Group
- Ketchum Appoints Bill McIntyre Director of its Washington, D.C. Office
- Maudore Announces Appointment of a Receiver for Aurbec Mines Inc.
- Maudore Announces Appointment of a Receiver for Aurbec Mines Inc.
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Stonehaven arranges $3.4-million private placement
Stonehaven Exploration Ltd. has arranged a $3.4-million private placement of 2.26 million shares at $1.50. It will use the proceeds for exploration.
- First Asset funds declare 2014 estimated distributions
First Asset Yield Opportunity Trust and other First Asset funds have declared estimated distributions for year-end 2014. The distributions are payable on Jan. 15, 2015, to unitholders of record on Dec. 31, 2014.
- Kapuskasing samples up to 7.69 g/t Au at Rollo
Kapuskasing Gold Corp. has sampled 7.69 g/t Au at its Rollo property. Other sampling assays include 3.66 g/t Au and 3.15 g/t Au.
- Currie Rose completes sale of Jubilee Reef to Liontown
Currie Rose Resources Inc. has completed the sale of its remaining 34-per-cent interest in the Jubilee Reef gold project in Tanzania to Liontown Resources. As consideration, Liontown will issue Currie 12 million shares.
- Corridor does not support shale gas moratorium in N.B.
Corridor Resources Inc. does not support the moratorium on shale gas projects in New Brunswick. It says shale gas operations in the province are safe. It also says the conditions for lifting the moratorium are not clear.
- Romarco Minerals closes $32.38-million financing
Romarco Minerals Inc. has closed its $32.38-million private placement with 64.77 million shares at 50 cents per share. The company will use the proceeds for working capital and general corporate purposes.
- First Growth clarifies revenue for Royal Liquor buy
First Growth Holdings Ltd., in relation to its acquisition of a Royal Liquor Merchant store in Calgary, has clarified that it had $1.85-million in revenue in the year ended June 30. Royal Liquor's revenue for the year ended Oct. 31 was $1.78-million.
- Miocene completes 1:10 rollback, arranges placement
Miocene Metals Ltd. has completed a 1:10 share rollback and changed its name to Miocene Resources Ltd. It has arranged a $1-million private placement of 1.25 million FT shares and 3.75 million units at 20 cents each.
- First Asset Pipes unitholders approve conversion to ETF
First Asset Pipes & Power Income Fund's unitholders have approved the fund's proposed conversion to an ETF from a closed-end fund. The fund expects the conversion to take place by the end of January, 2015.
- Dajin collects brine, solids samples from Teels Marsh
Dajin Resources Corp. has collected brine and solids samples from a shallow exploration program on its Teels Marsh property in Nevada. It will analyze the samples for lithium, boron, magnesium and potassium.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.