No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's new capital pool shell, Mira VI Acquisition, will list on the TSX-V Thursday. Michael Davidson's Friday Capital plans to launch Brooks Bergreen's Hitcase as its QT, and Paul Rosen's PharmaCan Capital, a medical marijuana investment company, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Coeur Mining to merge with Paramount Gold in an all-share deal valued at $146-million. Fortuna Silver climbs on news of a mine expansion in Mexico. Atico Mining has a better-than-expected first year of production in Chile, and Mirasol aims to lower its burn rate.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Penn West and Bonavista Energy cut their dividends; Whitecap Resources does not. Pacific Rubiales sells more assets to International Finance Corp. Spyglass Resources suspends its dividend and sells an asset to the newly Canada-focused Eagle Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has extended its Kelvin kimberlite. Canterra Minerals has encouraging till samples on its new diamond projects. Mason Graphite has expanded its graphite resource at Lac Gueret. Niocorp Developments has a potential off-take partner for Elk Creek.
- SEC suspends American Heritage International
The SEC has halted American Heritage International Inc., an Alberta-linked OTC-BB listing promoting electronic cigarettes. The SEC cites potential manipulative activity in the stock, which went to a $1.62 (U.S.) high in March.
- Viosolar defendant Winsor pleads guilty
Viosolar Inc. defendant Caroline Winsor, aka Caroline Danforth, has pleaded guilty to broker bribery charges in Pennsylvania. Prosecutors claim she and another Canadian agreed to pay a 20-per-cent kickback on purchases of two pink sheets listings.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Stornoway Diamond is on schedule and budget with construction at Renard. Mountain Province Diamonds has another impact benefits agreement for Gahcho Kue. Zenyatta Ventures fell hard after it suggested investors should not soon expect its Albany dream sheet.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Barkerville Gold appoints Trelawney's Greg Gibson and Lake Shore's Tony Makuch as directors. Helio Resources has $3-million in working capital to drill for gold in Tanzania. Mandalay Resources has $15-million and gold mines in Chile, Australia and Sweden.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Talisman Energy accepts a $9.33-a-share cash offer from Repsol. Lightstream Resources and Long Run Exploration slash their dividends, while TORC Oil defends its dividend's safety. EnCana bucks the trend and boosts its budget for 2015.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Marc Cernovitch's Valor Ventures will roll back 1:5 and then sell a private placement of 22 million shares at five cents. Harry Chew's Bi-Optic Ventures closes a $500,000 private placement and Peter Hughes's BHK Resources still plans to acquire a manganese property in Gabon.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Stora Enso Introduces New Organisational Structure for Renewable Packaging and Appoints New Member to the Group Leadership Team
- Stora Enso appoints Noel Morrin as Executive Vice President, Global Responsibility
- Vena Announces Positive High-Grade Results from Ongoing Drill Program at Esquilache Polymetallic Property
- Global Sources signs US$23.1 million contract to continue hosting its trade shows at Hong Kong's AsiaWorld-Expo through 2018
- Walmart Is Ready for Last-Minute Shopping Rush
- Cyber Attack Notification And AllClear ID Services
- Fifty Miami Children Receive Refurbished Laptops Donated by UnitedHealthcare
- El Pollo Loco Celebrates the Community With the Grand Opening of New Copperfield Location
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Investigation on Behalf of Investors of Conn’s, Inc. Announced by Law Offices of Howard G. Smith
- COBALT ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Reminds Cobalt Investors and Note Holders with Losses in Excess of $100,000 of Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit Against Cobalt International Energy, Inc. - CIE
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- BlackBerry releases BlackBerry Classic in Singapore
BlackBerry Ltd. has released its BlackBerry Classic smart phone in Singapore. The smart phone has a physical Qwerty keyboard, a 3.5-inch touch screen, two GB of RAM and 16 GB of device storage.
- Fundamental closes $56,550 second tranche of placement
Fundamental Applications Corp. has closed a $56,550 second tranche of a private placement. It issued 140,000 units to a company controlled by a Fundamental shareholder and director.
- Oracle Mining closes $6.7-million (U.S.) loan facility
Oracle Mining Corp. has closed a secured convertible loan facility for $6.7-million (U.S.) with lender Vincere Resource Holdings LLC. Subsidiary Oracle Ridge Mining LLC has issued to Vincere a warrant for up to $20-million (Canadian) in shares.
- Huaxing appoints PricewaterhouseCoopers auditor
Huaxing Machinery Corp. has replaced resigning auditor Manning Elliott LLP with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Manning Elliott resigned, effective Oct. 9, and Huaxing appointed PricewaterhouseCoopers, effective Dec. 17.
- Manulife Financial's JH Hedged renews share buyback
Manulife Financial Corp.'s John Hancock Hedged Equity & Income Fund has renewed its share repurchase plan. It may buy back up to 10 per cent of its outstanding shares from Jan. 1, 2015, to Dec. 31, 2015.
- Manulife Financial's JH Financial renews share buyback
Manulife Financial Corp.'s John Hancock Financial Opportunities Fund has renewed its share buyback plan. It may buy back up to 10 per cent of its outstanding shares from Jan. 1, 2015, to Dec. 31, 2015.
- Manulife Financial's JH Premium renews share buyback
Manulife Financial Corp.'s John Hancock Premium Dividend Fund has renewed its share repurchase plan. It may buy back up to 10 per cent of its outstanding shares from Jan. 1, 2015, to Dec. 31, 2015.
- Manulife Financial's JH Tax-Advantaged renews buyback
Manulife Financial Corp.'s John Hancock Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund has renewed its share repurchase plan. It may buy back up to 10 per cent of its outstanding shares from Jan. 1, 2015, to Dec. 31, 2015.
- Argent Energy halves monthly distribution, 2015 budget
Argent Energy Trust has halved its monthly distribution to one cent per unit, beginning with the January payment on Feb. 23. It has also halved its 2015 capital budget to $20-million (U.S.).
- Newnote Financial increases private placement
Newnote Financial Corp. has increased its private placement to 4.5 million units at 15 cents, from two million units at 15 cents. The company has also extended the first tranche closing to Dec. 18, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.