No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for July 30, 2014
Portex Minerals is the first of 41 juniors to sell shares of GRIT. GRIT's David Hutchins blames a lack of liquidity on the subdued market. Stuart Ross's El Tigre has its busiest day ever, and Doug Mason's four juniors pay high rent.
- Shell Summary for July 30, 2014
Suzanne Wood and Blake Olafson's capital pool shell, Alexandra Capital, expects to close its mining QT in mid-August. This is the second time Ms. Wood has turned to prospector Jim Rankin for a mining property in B.C. for one of her shells.
- Energy Summary for July 30, 2014
Penn West plunges after finding accounting irregularities. Athabasca Oil jumps as PetroChina promises that its $1.23-billion Dover deal will go through. Republican Senators allege collusion between green groups, billionaires and the U.S. government.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 30, 2014
Canterra Minerals has a promotable new backer. Williams Creek Gold has reversed its management swap. Niocorp Developments has a new director. Zenyatta Ventures has a target date for its Albany dream sheet.
- BCSC-banned Briner cited over missing client money
BCSC-banned lawyer John Briner is now the target of a professional misconduct case that the Law Society has initiated. The society claims that he misappropriated client money in 2013.
- Gold Summary for July 29, 2014
Frank Callaghan resigns as Barkerville obtains a one-month payment extension from Eric Sprott. West African tries to bring Channel's old project, Mankarga, in Burkina Faso to production. Mega Precious and the Red Sucker Lake settle their differences.
- Shell Summary for July 29, 2014
Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy has an option to buy the Mackenzie Mountains iron-copper property in the Northwest Territories. Mettrum Ltd., a medical marijuana producer and the QT target of Cinaport Acquisitions, closes a $34.5-million financing.
- Energy Summary for July 29, 2014
Talisman Energy falls short of analyst predictions by posting a loss in the second quarter. Epsilon Energy enjoys a second heady day. Pine Cliff Energy arranges its second acquisition in less than two weeks.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 29, 2014
Mountain Province expects to borrow $370-million for Gahcho Kue. Tsodilo Resources has raised cash for Botswana drilling. Berkwood Resources has raised cash to work Lac Gueret. Search Minerals has replaced its new CEO with its old CEO.
- Shell Summary for July 28, 2014
Edward Ierfino's Element 79 Capital expects to have a filing statement outlining its QT with Canadian Gold by the end of next month. Gary Zak files a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Whitewater Capital, and Herrick Lau's Lingxian Capital is an active trader.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Timken Reports Second-Quarter Results; Affirms 2014 Outlook
- Timken Reports Second-Quarter Results; Affirms 2014 Outlook
- PPL Electric Utilities Proposes Major New Regional Transmission Project
- GasLog Partners LP Reports Financial Results for the Three and Six Month Periods Ended June 30, 2014 and Declares Initial Cash Distribution
- Fortress Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results and Announces Dividend of $0.26 per Share
- New Media Announces Second Quarter 2014 Results and Dividend of $0.27 per Common Share
- CDW Declares Cash Dividend of $0.0425 Per Share
- Imation Reports Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- Gildan Activewear Announces Third Quarter Results
- DynaResource, Inc. Reports Gold Production at San Jose de Gracia
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Quebecor loses $54.8-million in Q2
Quebecor Inc. lost $54.8-million on revenue of $1,069.2-million in the second quarter of 2014. This compares with a loss of $93.6-million on revenue of $1,063.2-million in Q2 2013.
- Quebecor creates Media Group
Quebecor Inc. has created Media Group for entertainment and news. Media Group includes TVA Group Inc., Sun Media Corp., QMI Agency, Out of Home, Quebecor Media sales and more. It has named Julie Tremblay as president and CEO of the new group.
- Bombardier earns $155-million (U.S.) in Q2 2014
Bombardier Inc. earned $155-million (U.S.) on revenues of $4.891-billion (U.S.) in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with earnings of $180-million (U.S.) on revenue of $4.43-billion (U.S.) in the same period in 2013.
- CanElson Drilling earns $5.53-million in Q2
CanElson Drilling Inc. earned $5.53-million on revenue of $61.9-million in the second quarter of 2014. This compares with earnings of $1.87-million on revenue of $37.49-million in Q2 2013.
- Seabridge Gold's KSM EA application receives B.C. OK
Seabridge Gold Inc.'s application for an environmental assessment certificate for its KSM project has received approval from the B.C. ministers of the environment, energy and mines. It expects a decision at the federal level in the fall.
- FP says more upside seen in Canaccord and GMP
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals earns $122-million in Q2 2014
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. earned $122-million on revenue of $2,041.1-million in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with earnings of $10.8-million on revenue of $1,095.7-million in the same period in 2013.
- Geologix lowers warrant exercise price, extends expiry
Geologix Explorations Inc. has lowered the exercise price of 6.64 million warrants to 15 cents per share. It has also extended the expiration date of the warrants to Jan. 29, 2016.
- Alamos Gold earns $733,000 (U.S.) in Q2
Alamos Gold Inc. earned $733,000 (U.S.) on operating revenue of $43.84-million (U.S.) in the second quarter ended June 30. This compares with earnings of $8.82-million (U.S.) on revenue of $78.27-million (U.S.) in the second quarter of 2013.
- Oryx Petroleum to issue Q2 results Aug. 6
Oryx Petroleum Corp. Ltd. will issue its second quarter 2014 financial results on Aug. 6, 2014. It will host a conference call to discuss these results the same day at 11 a.m. ET.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.