No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Lukas Lundin is buying Fruta del Norte in Ecuador. Euromax arranges a $175-million gold stream from Royal Gold. John Kaiser says the junior resource market is a swamp. Gold-zinc explorer Levon Resources has $40-million, left over from financings in 2011.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Robert Munro and Marc Lavine's Chrysalis Capital IX will acquire Inspira Financial as its QT. The target lends money secured by accounts receivable to small U.S. health care companies.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
North Arrow Minerals has completed its busiest till sampling yet at Pikoo. Drilling should follow. Shore Gold seeks financing; its shareholders tout possible suitors. Search Minerals has cash for Labrador rare earths. Stria Lithium plans work at Pontax.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 20, 2014
Edgewater Exploration hopes to have finally found a joint venturer with 30 million euros. Solitario Exploration can start raising money to build a gold mine in Nevada, and Shawn Ryan continues to tell his story to media outlets, three years after the Yukon gold excitement.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- First Merchants Corporation Announces Record Third Quarter 2014 Earnings
- Jive Software Announces Clinton Global Initiative Commitment To Action In Youth Employment
- PSE&G cuts residential gas bills this winter with three months of bill credits
- Vishay Intertechnology Offers Industry’s First MIL-PRF-39006/33-Qualified Wet Tantalum Capacitor
- State of Washington Chooses U.S. Bank as Fiscal Agent on Bond Issuances
- Teens, Be Smart While Driving With Your Smartphone
- Teens, Be Smart While Driving With Your Smartphone
- "Delivering on the Promise: Jobs for National Guard and Veterans"
- Rightside Launches .ARMY, .AIRFORCE, and .NAVY for Armed Forces Communities
- DuPont Declares Fourth Quarter Dividend
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Focus Ventures to option 65% of Aurora in JV deal
Focus Ventures Ltd. has signed a deal with Daewoo International to form a joint venture company for its Aurora copper-molybdenum project in Peru. Daewoo will provide $3-million (U.S.) to the JV and have the option to earn a 65-per-cent interest in Aurora.
- Transcontinental to shut down Concord, Edmonton plants
Transcontinental Inc. will shut down its printing plants in Concord, Ont., and Edmonton, Alta., at the end of December. This will result in 120 layoffs.
- Agrium to release Q3 financials Nov. 3
Agrium Inc. will release its Q3 financial results on Nov. 3. It will hold a conference call to discuss the results on Nov. 4 at 9:30 a.m. MT.
- High Liner to issue Q3 results Nov. 7
High Liner Foods Inc. will issue its third quarter financial results on Nov. 7, 2014. It will host a conference call to discuss these results the same day at 2 p.m. ET.
- Augusta Industries ships two EFM units to Equion
Augusta Industries Inc.'s Fox Tek Canada Inc. has shipped two electric field mapping units to Equion Energy Ltd. Equion will use the units in its Colombian field operations to validate its existing mitigation programs.
- GeoNovus Minerals resumes at 7:15 a.m. PT
GeoNovus Minerals Corp. resumed at 7:15 a.m. PT on Oct. 23, 2014.
- New Klondike samples up to 9.84 g/t Au at Goldstorm
New Klondike Exploration Ltd. has sampled up to 9.84 g/t Au at the Goldstorm property in Ontario. The company will repay $39,635 in debt by issuing 792,700 shares at five cents each.
- Fairmont samples 62 m of 72.72% Fe2O3 at Buttercup
Fairmont Resources Inc. has sampled 62 metres of 72.72 per cent iron (III) oxide and 19.75 per cent titanium dioxide at its Buttercup property, Quebec. It has also sampled 61.5 metres of 72.53 per cent iron (III) oxide and 19.74 per cent titanium oxide.
- Bombardier to release Q3 2014 results Oct. 30
Bombardier Inc. will release its third-quarter 2014 financial results on Oct. 30, 2014. It will hold a conference call and webcast to discuss the results at 8 a.m. ET on the same day.
- Air Canada to issue Q3 results Nov. 6
Air Canada will issue its third quarter financial results on Nov. 6, 2014. It will host a conference call to discuss these results the same day at 9 a.m. ET.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.