No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- SEC halts Spriza, questions disclosure
The SEC has halted Spriza Inc., a Calgary company that went to $2 (U.S.) while claiming to be the "Google search engine" of contests. The regulator cites questions about Spriza's relationships, which include purported deals with the NFL and others.
- Gold Summary for March 4, 2015
Klondex Mines drops as insiders sell. Codrington Resource celebrates its first-ever gold production. Stan Bharti resumes his annual PDAC conference tradition: a party at the Pravda Vodka House.
- Shell Summary for March 4, 2015
Geoff Balderson's Aim Explorations pushes back the deadline for acquiring Heart Force Medical to April 30. Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III lowers the price of shares in a $1.6-million financing to 25 cents as it attempts to acquire Solegear Bioplastics as its QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 4, 2015
Pangolin Diamonds is excited by diamonds turning up in its soil samples. Diamond Fields International has reappointed Ian Ransome to its board. Ucore Rare Metals will pay a licence fee for rare earth metals recovery technology. Sabre Graphite has a new fantasy play.
- Energy Summary for March 4, 2015
Cenovus Energy raises $1.5-billion. Pacific Rubiales and Ecopetrol may receive a much-needed permit in Colombia next week. Blackbird Energy tests its first two Elmworth Montney wells, and the U.S. Senate fails to override the President's Keystone XL veto.
- Chilean Metals defeats lawsuit from George Sookochoff
Chilean Metals Inc. has defeated a lawsuit from its former president, George Sookochoff, over unpaid management fees. A judge has found that Mr. Sookochoff kept billing the company $15,000 per month after his contract had expired.
- Gold Summary for March 3, 2015
Samco Gold will not receive $88-million. Levon Resources has $46-million in working capital and is mulling opportunities in other sectors. Noront Resources receives the PDAC's social responsibility award.
- Shell Summary for March 3, 2015
Amar Bhalla's new capital pool shell, LL Capital, will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. David Subotic's NEX shell, Stratton Capital, plans to launch Pro Gaming League, an eSports company in Toronto, as its QT.
- Energy Summary for March 3, 2015
Whitecap Resources enjoys higher production and credit facilities. Pacific Rubiales will likely miss its 2014 production goal. Pan Orient delays an Alberta project, and green groups claim Hillary Clinton's e-mail scandal raises red flags for Keystone XL.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 3, 2015
Dunnedin Ventures has added 20,000 hectares to its Kahuna diamond play near Rankin Inlet. Rockwell Diamonds is raising cash to pay for two new gem mines. Focus Graphite wants to raise $2-million to hit some milestones. Continental Precious Metals is touting a big shale play.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- AmerisourceBergen Announces Results of Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- ClearOne to Present at 27th Annual ROTH Conference
- Delta Air Lines Statement 2 On Flight 1086
- Lightbridge to Host March 26 Conference Call and Webcast on 2014 Business Update and Fourth Quarter Financial Results
- Sterling Construction Schedules 2014 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Release and Conference Call for Monday, March 16th
- Northrop Grumman Licenses Patented Technology to Improve Cooling of Electronic Modules for Commercial, Military Applications
- Advanced Photonix and Luna Innovations Merger Update
- Destination Maternity Corporation Announces Conference Call for Financial Results for the Transition Period October 1, 2014 to January 31, 2015 on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time
- Advanced Photonix and Luna Innovations Merger Update
- Cannabix Technologies Inc. Announces Record Date of Plan of Arrangement
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- TSO3 to release 2014 financials, hold call March 18
TSO3 Inc. will release its 2014 financial results on March 18. It will hold a conference call to discuss the results on the same day at 10:30 a.m. ET.
- Gespeg Copper holders re-elect five directors at AGM
Gespeg Copper Resources Inc.'s shareholders re-elected five directors at the company's AGM on March 2, 2015. The shareholders also passed all the proposed resolutions at the meeting.
- Cannabix Tech sets March 10 as spinoff record date
Cannabix Technologies Inc. has set March 10 as the record date for the spinoff of its subsidiary Torino Ventures. Shareholders of record on the effective date (March 12) will receive one new common share and one reorganization share of the company.
- Nippon demonstrates thermal fragmentation unit in Japan
Nippon Dragon Resources Inc. has demonstrated its thermal fragmentation tool in Japan. Nippon says attendees were evidently impressed, based on their facial expressions, body language and questions.
- E-L to pay common, preference share dividends April 17
E-L Financial Corp. Ltd. will pay a 12.5-cent dividend per common share and per Series A preference share on April 17. The record date is April 1. E-L will also pay dividends to holders of Series 1, 2 and 3 preference shares on April 17.
- E-L Financial earns $394.53-million in 2014
E-L Financial Corp. Ltd. earned $394.53-million in the year ended Dec. 31, 2014, compared with earnings of $596.55-million a year earlier. The company had NOI of $127.11-million in the year ended Dec. 31, 2014.
- High Liner launches Street Style seafood line
High Liner Foods Inc. has started offering its Street Style Seafood line of products for the U.S. market. The line includes shrimp empanadas, fish and chips on a stick, and tempura-battered sushi.
- Desert Star, Providence Resources set terms for merger
Desert Star Resources Ltd. and Providence Resources Corp. have signed an arrangement agreement setting the terms of their previously announced merger. They will both hold AGSMs on Wednesday, April 8, to vote on the deal.
- Birchcliff to pay 50-, 43.75-cent dividends March 31
Birchcliff Energy Ltd. will pay a 50-cent dividend per Series A preferred share and a 43.75-cent dividend per Series C preferred share. The dividends are payable on March 31 to shareholders of record on March 16.
- Automodular earns $14.8-million in 2014
Automodular Corp. earned $14.8-million in the year ended Dec. 31, 2014, compared with earnings of $10.4-million in 2013. The company shipped its final modules to Ford's Oakville assembly plant on Dec. 23, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.