No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Lukas Lundin is buying Fruta del Norte in Ecuador. Euromax arranges a $175-million gold stream from Royal Gold. John Kaiser says the junior resource market is a swamp. Gold-zinc explorer Levon Resources has $40-million, left over from financings in 2011.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Robert Munro and Marc Lavine's Chrysalis Capital IX will acquire Inspira Financial as its QT. The target lends money secured by accounts receivable to small U.S. health care companies.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
North Arrow Minerals has completed its busiest till sampling yet at Pikoo. Drilling should follow. Shore Gold seeks financing; its shareholders tout possible suitors. Search Minerals has cash for Labrador rare earths. Stria Lithium plans work at Pontax.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 20, 2014
Edgewater Exploration hopes to have finally found a joint venturer with 30 million euros. Solitario Exploration can start raising money to build a gold mine in Nevada, and Shawn Ryan continues to tell his story to media outlets, three years after the Yukon gold excitement.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- KeyCorp to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2014 Banking and Financial Services Conference
- Humana Distributes More Than $76 Million in Quality Awards to Physicians Nationwide
- RDX Announces Settlement of GEM Lawsuit
- Griffin Announces Results of Its Study on Corporate Structure
- Hyatt Ranked One of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®
- Culture of Trust Earns NetApp #3 Best Place to Work in the World
- Kimberly-Clark Sterilization Wrap Is Now Most Validated On The Market
- CNA Warranty Partners with Remi to Offer New Equipment Maintenance Program
- Hang w/ Timbaland at a Private Listening Party
- Protect Your Home (and Wallet) From Ol' Man Winter
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Hybrid PayTech to acquire remaining 49% of MOBI724
Hybrid PayTech World Inc. has agreed to acquire the remaining 49 per cent of Solutions MOBI724 Inc. It will issue 12.5 million of its shares to MOBI724 holders.
- Coro's Berta EID gains gov't OK; Nora permits delayed
Coro Mining Corp.'s environmental impact declaration for its Berta copper project has received approval from the Chilean Environmental Evaluation Service. The transfer of required permits for the Nora plant has been delayed.
- Rainy Mountain appoints Middleton as QP, consultant
Rainy Mountain Royalty Corp. has appointed Robert Middleton as qualified person and a geological consultant for its Ontario properties. Mr. Middleton has conducted exploration that led to discovery of the Bell Creek, Goliath and Seagull mines in Ontario.
- WPC Resources samples up to 57.1 g/t Au at Hood River
WPC Resources Inc. has sampled up to 57.1 g/t Au on its Hood River property in Nunavut. It has also sampled up to 10.45 ppm Au at its Ulu project.
- Mena Hydrocarbons to resume at 9 a.m. PT
Mena Hydrocarbons Inc. will resume at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 23, 2014.
- Bombardier's Q400 NextGen leased by Senegal Airlines
Bombardier Inc.'s Q400 NextGen aircraft was leased by Senegal Airlines from Falcon Aviation Services LLC. Bombardier sold the aircraft to Falcon in February.
- Morguard North American to hold Q3 results call Nov. 7
Morguard North American Residential REIT will hold a conference call to discuss its 2014 third quarter results on Friday, Nov. 7, 2014. The call will take place at 10 a.m. ET.
- Primary Energy to issue Q3 results Nov. 13
Primary Energy Recycling Corp. will issue its third quarter financial results on Nov. 13, 2014. It will host a conference call to discuss these results on Nov. 14, 2014, at 10 a.m. ET.
- Focus Ventures to option 65% of Aurora in JV deal
Focus Ventures Ltd. has signed a deal with Daewoo International to form a joint venture company for its Aurora copper-molybdenum project in Peru. Daewoo will provide $3-million (U.S.) to the JV and have the option to earn a 65-per-cent interest in Aurora.
- Transcontinental to shut down Concord, Edmonton plants
Transcontinental Inc. will shut down its printing plants in Concord, Ont., and Edmonton, Alta., at the end of December. This will result in 120 layoffs.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.