No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Gold closed under $1,200 an ounce, sending Barrick to a 22-year low. Centerra's cash costs are much too high. Iamgold and Semafo brace for violence in Burkina Faso, and Reservoir Minerals rose slightly as its joint venturer resumed drilling in Serbia.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Surge Energy defends its dividend. Parex Resources boosts reserves in Colombia. Canacol Energy arranges a $100-million (U.S.) note deal for investments in Latin America (quite possibly Mexico), and Petromanas Energy suspends drilling at a well in Albania.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Larry Doan files a prospectus to list his first capital pool shell, Marching Moose Capital. Zip Dhanani proposes to roll back Wangton Capital 1:2, and Ron Schmeichel's Mira IV Capital is a busy trader.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has a few more long drill hits at its rich Kelvin kimberlite. Alto Ventures has wrapped up till sampling at Pikoo. Orbite Aluminae faces further delay. Lomiko Metals and Canada Strategic Metals have begun drilling La Loutre.
- Finavera denies owing $550,000 fee to Capital West
Finavera Wind Energy Inc. denies that it owes a fee to Capital West Partners, a private entity that is suing the company for $550,000. The supposed fee was for work that Capital West never did, Finavera says.
- Salmon River defends loan lawsuit, blames Noble
Salmon River Resources Ltd. denies that it owes any money to a BVI company suing over a $2-million (U.S.) loan. It says the loan arose from a failed JV, and its partner-to-be, Noble Group Ltd., is responsible.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- Petaquilla sued over drill core storage bill
Petaquilla Minerals Ltd. is a defendant in a $110,947 lawsuit over the storage of many pallets of drill core. WestCoast Mineral Storage claims that the company has not paid its bill since November, 2012.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Chrysler Group's Warren Stamping Plant Latest to Earn World Class Manufacturing Bronze Designation; First Stamping Plant to Achieve Milestone
- Cloud Peak Energy CEO to Speak at the Cowen and Company 5th Annual Global Metals, Mining & Materials Conference
- John Marshall Bank Reports Quarterly Financial Results
- BV Financial, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- SEDAR MD & A
- Global Cobalt Acquires High Grade Cobalt Deposit in Idaho Cobalt Belt - Video News Alert on InvestmentPitch.com
- Sarepta Therapeutics to Announce Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results and Corporate Update on November 6, 2014
- Neenah Paper Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Robbins Arroyo LLP: Willbros Group, Inc. (WG) Misled Shareholders According to a Recently Filed Class Action
- Salisbury Bancorp, Inc. Reports Results for Third Quarter 2014; Declares 28 Cent Dividend
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- CWN Mining Acquisition halted at 12:44 p.m. PT
CWN Mining Acquisition Corp. has been halted at 12:44 p.m. PT on Oct. 31, 2014, at the request of the company, pending news.
- Uranium Participation files final financing prospectus
Uranium Participation Corp. has filed a final short-form prospectus to issue up to $200-million of shares and/or warrants. The prospectus is effective for 25 months.
- Stria Lithium's York increases holdings to 15.03%
Stria Lithium Inc. director Jeffrey York has increased his holdings in the company to 15.03 per cent of the outstanding shares. Mr. York increased his holdings through the purchase of 526,316 units in Stria's $1-million private placement.
- TransCanada's Energy East has FONOM's support
TransCanada Corp.'s Energy East pipeline project has the support of the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities. FONOM plans to apply to be an intervenor in the National Energy Board hearings for Energy East.
- Avnel Gold shares pass TSX review
Avnel Gold Mining Ltd.'s shares have passed a delisting review by the TSX. The company's shares meet the exchange's continued listing requirements.
- Vanoil Energy to conduct cost-cutting review
Vanoil Energy Ltd.'s management will conduct a review of the company to cut non-essential costs and dispose of non-productive assets. The company intends to pursue its legal arbitration claims with the Republic of Kenya.
- Rainy Mountain arranges $97,500 private placement
Rainy Mountain Royalty Corp. has arranged a $97,500 private placement of 1.5 million non-flow-through units at 6.5 cents. It will use the proceeds for exploration and working capital.
- First Majestic to release Q3 2014 results Nov. 12
First Majestic Silver Corp. will release its third-quarter 2014 financial results on Nov. 12, 2014.
- Terra Nova Energy appoints Anderson as CFO
Terra Nova Energy Ltd. has appointed Matt Anderson as CFO to replace Robert McMorran. Mr. McMorran will continue as a director. The company has granted options to buy 4.32 million shares at 18 cents per share for five years.
- Callinan issues 60,000 shares to Butler
Callinan Royalties Corp. has issued 60,000 shares to Roland Butler for his restricted share units. Mr. Butler now holds 3.12 million shares or 6.35 per cent of Callinan's shares.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.