No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for July 30, 2014
Portex Minerals is the first of 41 juniors to sell shares of GRIT. GRIT's David Hutchins blames a lack of liquidity on the subdued market. Stuart Ross's El Tigre has its busiest day ever, and Doug Mason's four juniors pay high rent.
- Shell Summary for July 30, 2014
Suzanne Wood and Blake Olafson's capital pool shell, Alexandra Capital, expects to close its mining QT in mid-August. This is the second time Ms. Wood has turned to prospector Jim Rankin for a mining property in B.C. for one of her shells.
- Energy Summary for July 30, 2014
Penn West plunges after finding accounting irregularities. Athabasca Oil jumps as PetroChina promises that its $1.23-billion Dover deal will go through. Republican Senators allege collusion between green groups, billionaires and the U.S. government.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 30, 2014
Canterra Minerals has a promotable new backer. Williams Creek Gold has reversed its management swap. Niocorp Developments has a new director. Zenyatta Ventures has a target date for its Albany dream sheet.
- BCSC-banned Briner cited over missing client money
BCSC-banned lawyer John Briner is now the target of a professional misconduct case that the Law Society has initiated. The society claims that he misappropriated client money in 2013.
- Gold Summary for July 29, 2014
Frank Callaghan resigns as Barkerville obtains a one-month payment extension from Eric Sprott. West African tries to bring Channel's old project, Mankarga, in Burkina Faso to production. Mega Precious and the Red Sucker Lake settle their differences.
- Shell Summary for July 29, 2014
Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy has an option to buy the Mackenzie Mountains iron-copper property in the Northwest Territories. Mettrum Ltd., a medical marijuana producer and the QT target of Cinaport Acquisitions, closes a $34.5-million financing.
- Energy Summary for July 29, 2014
Talisman Energy falls short of analyst predictions by posting a loss in the second quarter. Epsilon Energy enjoys a second heady day. Pine Cliff Energy arranges its second acquisition in less than two weeks.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 29, 2014
Mountain Province expects to borrow $370-million for Gahcho Kue. Tsodilo Resources has raised cash for Botswana drilling. Berkwood Resources has raised cash to work Lac Gueret. Search Minerals has replaced its new CEO with its old CEO.
- Shell Summary for July 28, 2014
Edward Ierfino's Element 79 Capital expects to have a filing statement outlining its QT with Canadian Gold by the end of next month. Gary Zak files a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Whitewater Capital, and Herrick Lau's Lingxian Capital is an active trader.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Metso's Interim Review January 1 - June 30, 2014
- Metso to continue its transformation by adopting a new strategy focusing on growth in its higher-margin businesses
- Fujitsu Reports Fiscal 2014 First-Quarter Financial Results
- Panyu 10-2/5/8 Project Starts Production
- NextGen Healthcare Chosen by Capital Women’s Care as Long-Term Revenue Cycle Management Partner
- Orion Marine Group, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results; Reports Record Backlog
- Nordic American Offshore Ltd. (NYSE:NAO) -- Declaration of dividend
- Nordic American Offshore Ltd. (NYSE:NAO) - Declaration of dividend.
- One in Five Companies Have Replaced Workers with Technology, According to New Research from CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists Intl
- IBM acquires CrossIdeas to Expand Security Offerings with Identity Intelligence
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Rapier extends completion of required Pen Gold expenses
Rapier Gold Inc. has received from Rio Tinto an extension for completing the remaining required exploration expenses of about $210,000 for the Pen Gold North property. The extension is to March 31, 2015.
- Pennine sells 3.5 million private placement shares
Pennine Petroleum Corp. has sold 3.5 million private placement shares at three cents per share. The company's directors plan to subscribe for five million private placement units at three cents per unit.
- BNK Petroleum arranges $100-million (U.S.) facility
BNK Petroleum Inc. indirect subsidiary BNK Petroleum (U.S.) Inc. has arranged a $100-million (U.S.) credit facility with Morgan Stanley Capital Group Inc. BNK Petroleum plans to use the proceeds to finance Caney shale oil well drilling in Oklahoma.
- IMX Resources' managing director Sutherland resigns
IMX Resources Ltd.'s managing director Gary Sutherland has resigned, effective Sept. 30. Non-executive director John Nitschke has also resigned, effective July 31. The company hopes to appoint a managing director by the fourth quarter.
- Western Energy earns $4.39-million in Q2
Western Energy Services Corp. earned $4.39-million on revenue of $81.98-million in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with a loss of $3.38-million on revenue of $50.83-million in the same year-ago quarter.
- Suncor earns $211-million in Q2
Suncor Energy Inc. earned $211-million or 14 cents per share in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with a profit of $680-million or 45 cents per share in the same year-ago quarter.
- Suncor increases quarterly dividend to 28 cents
Suncor Energy Inc. has increased its quarterly dividend to 28 cents per share from 23 cents. The increased dividend is payable Sept. 25 to shareholders of record on Sept. 4.
- Central Resources closes private placement for $844,800
Central Resources Corp. has closed its private placement for $844,800, issuing 7.68 million units at 11 cents per unit. It plans to use the proceeds for Whitford Lake property exploration and corporate expenses.
- Epsilon earns $5.3-million (U.S.) in Q2
Epsilon Energy Ltd. earned $5.3-million (U.S.) on revenue of $15.04-million (U.S.) in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with a loss of $299,152 (U.S.) on revenue of $9.29-million (U.S.) in the same year-ago quarter.
- Anexco grants option to buy 200,000 shares
Anexco Resources Ltd. has granted an option to buy 200,000 shares to a consultant. The option is exercisable at 22 cents per share for five years.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.