No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Lukas Lundin is buying Fruta del Norte in Ecuador. Euromax arranges a $175-million gold stream from Royal Gold. John Kaiser says the junior resource market is a swamp. Gold-zinc explorer Levon Resources has $40-million, left over from financings in 2011.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Robert Munro and Marc Lavine's Chrysalis Capital IX will acquire Inspira Financial as its QT. The target lends money secured by accounts receivable to small U.S. health care companies.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
North Arrow Minerals has completed its busiest till sampling yet at Pikoo. Drilling should follow. Shore Gold seeks financing; its shareholders tout possible suitors. Search Minerals has cash for Labrador rare earths. Stria Lithium plans work at Pontax.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 20, 2014
Edgewater Exploration hopes to have finally found a joint venturer with 30 million euros. Solitario Exploration can start raising money to build a gold mine in Nevada, and Shawn Ryan continues to tell his story to media outlets, three years after the Yukon gold excitement.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Time Warner Cable Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Halberd Signs Definitive Agreement for Medicinal Marijuana Farming Operation
- Cutrale-Safra Submits Updated Definitive Offer To Chiquita Board Of $14.50 Per Share In Cash
- BNY Mellon Appoints James S. Wiener as Chief Risk Officer
- Kathryn Dillon Hogan Appointed to SVP, Compliance of Aspen University
- Centrix Bank Reports 13% Year-Over-Year Earnings Growth
- Ingersoll Rand Announces Proposed Public Offering of Senior Notes
- Virtusa Honored With Stevie® Award for Human Resources Department of the Year
- TigerDirect Reveals Additional Sponsors for its TigerDirect Innovation: IT Conference and Expo in November
- Career Checkpoint 4 of 5: Lincoln Financial Group Shares Retirement Savings Actions for Thursday’s Career Checkpoint in Celebration of National Save for Retirement Week
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- FP says Lundin should be able to tackle Fruta del Norte
- Canexus customer cancels terminalling services contract
Canexus Corp.'s customer, a mid-stream logistics and marketing firm, has cancelled its transportation and terminalling services contract with the company. Canexus's NATO unit train plant now has contracted volumes for 40 per cent of its planned capacity.
- Elcora Resources completes stage 1 of testing at Sakura
Elcora Resources Corp. has completed the first stage of testing at its Sakura Ragedara graphite property. It determined the graphite's size reduction properties and produced samples for a second test.
- Millrock closes $4.04-million private placement
Millrock Resources Inc. has closed a $4.04-million private placement consisting of 80.9 million units at five cents each. The company will complete its previously announced share rollback on Oct. 24, 2014.
- Post/CP say TSX takes hit as oil hits two-year low
- Canexus to resume at 7 a.m. PT
Canexus Corp. will resume at 7 a.m. PT on Oct. 23, 2014.
- FP says Big Six banks hear Moody's warn on auto loans
- Offsetters supports B.C.'s CO2 emissions benchmark law
Offsetters Climate Solutions Inc. supports the B.C. government's Greenhouse Gas Industrial Reporting and Control Act. The act sets an emissions benchmark of 0.16 tonne of CO2 equivalent per tonne of LNG produced.
- Petrostar investment acquires rights to DME technology
Petrostar Petroleum Corp.'s Maverick Northstar has added DME technology to its licence. The licence allows the company to process methanol into methoxymethane.
- Cematrix grants options to buy 1.74 million shares
Cematrix Corp. has granted options to buy 1.74 million 24-cent shares to officers, employees and a consultant of the company. The options expire in five years.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.