No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Gold closed under $1,200 an ounce, sending Barrick to a 22-year low. Centerra's cash costs are much too high. Iamgold and Semafo brace for violence in Burkina Faso, and Reservoir Minerals rose slightly as its joint venturer resumed drilling in Serbia.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Surge Energy defends its dividend. Parex Resources boosts reserves in Colombia. Canacol Energy arranges a $100-million (U.S.) note deal for investments in Latin America (quite possibly Mexico), and Petromanas Energy suspends drilling at a well in Albania.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Larry Doan files a prospectus to list his first capital pool shell, Marching Moose Capital. Zip Dhanani proposes to roll back Wangton Capital 1:2, and Ron Schmeichel's Mira IV Capital is a busy trader.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has a few more long drill hits at its rich Kelvin kimberlite. Alto Ventures has wrapped up till sampling at Pikoo. Orbite Aluminae faces further delay. Lomiko Metals and Canada Strategic Metals have begun drilling La Loutre.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- Petaquilla sued over drill core storage bill
Petaquilla Minerals Ltd. is a defendant in a $110,947 lawsuit over the storage of many pallets of drill core. WestCoast Mineral Storage claims that the company has not paid its bill since November, 2012.
- IGM's Investors Group sued by body massage tenant
IGM Financial Inc.'s Investors Group is a defendant in a landlord-tenant lawsuit over body massages. A Coquitlam business complains that Investors Group, as its landlord, has unfairly prevented or restricted massages at its premises for years.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Lachlan Star is trying to raise $5-million from Peter Babin, a former director. AuRico Gold hopes it can still build a $500-million gold mine north of Smithers, B.C. Sheldon Inwentash's Pinetree Capital continues to dump stock in low-priced juniors.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- DENSO Announces First-half Financial Results
- GasLog Ltd. Announces Summons to Bondholders Meeting
- SGX Voted Derivatives Exchange of the Year
- SGX Voted Derivatives Exchange of the Year
- Exelis reports third-quarter 2014 financial results; revises full-year guidance
- Trimble Launches Trimble Connect, New Cloud-based Collaboration Platform for Construction and Operation of Buildings
- Newell Rubbermaid Announces Solid Third Quarter Results
- CEEG Fails to Perform Payment Obligations under the Share Transfer Agreement
- Aon Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
- Cannabis Kinetics Corp. Secures Financing
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- West African Resources rehashes Q3 activities
West African Resources Ltd. will use the drill results from the third quarter 2014 at its Mankarga 5 project in Burkina Faso for a resource update planned for the fourth quarter 2014. It drilled 3,962.8 metres at Mankarga 5 in the third quarter.
- Prime Meridian closes private placement for $811,500
Prime Meridian Resources Corp. has closed its private placement for $811,500, issuing 8.11 million units at 10 cents per unit. It plans to use the proceeds for working capital and to repay debt.
- Hyduke, Hyduke Machining buyer fail to agree on terms
Hyduke Energy Services Inc. and the buyer of Hyduke subsidiary Hyduke Machining Solutions have failed to agree on terms of an agreement. They have cancelled their LOI first announced on Sept. 12, 2014.
- Stream earns $1.19-million (U.S.) in Q3
Stream Oil & Gas Ltd. earned $1.19-million (U.S.) on revenue of $8.3-million (U.S.) in the third quarter ended Aug. 31, 2014. This compares with a profit of $1.71-million (U.S.) on revenue of $7.21-million (U.S.) in the same year-ago quarter.
- TransForce extends offer for Contrans to Nov. 11
TransForce Inc. has extended its offer to acquire Contrans Group Inc. to Nov. 11 at 12:01 a.m. (Toronto time) to receive Competition Act approval. TransForce has received to date 70-per-cent support from holders of Contrans's Class A voting shares.
- Strata-X's Burkett 5-34 well achieves up to 10 bbl/h
Strata-X Energy Ltd.'s Burkett 5-34 HOR well in Illinois has achieved up to 10 barrels per hour, with total oil produced of up to 120 barrels over 24 hours. It installed a larger electric submersible pump with a capacity of 1,600 barrels per day.
- Orocobre's Olaroz construction to be finished on budget
Orocobre Ltd. expects construction at its Olaroz project to be completed on budget. Construction is in its final stages.
- Banks Island files Q2 FY 2015 results, no details in NR
Banks Island Gold Ltd. has filed its results for Q2 fiscal 2015, but has provided no details in its news release. It produced 297 dry metric tonnes flotation concentrate grading 74 g/t gold and 185 g/t silver at its dense media separation plant in August.
- Lightstream has $6.93-million in Q3 adjusted profit
Lightstream Resuorces Ltd. had $6.93-million in adjusted profit on revenue of $269.17-million in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014. This compares with an adjusted profit of $52.03-million on revenue of $331.81-million in the same year-ago quarter.
- NuVista loses $208,000 in Q3
NuVista Energy Ltd. lost $208,000 on revenue of $66.42-million in the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014. This compares with a loss of $2.29-million on revenue of $60.42-million in the same year-ago quarter.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.