No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- BCSC cites Dowlati, embarrasses community newspaper
The BCSC has filed a case against Noshad Dowlati, the operator of an investing blog, for defrauding an investor. The action must be somewhat embarrassing for a reporter of 22 years who provided some very flattering coverage to Mr. Dowlati in 2012.
- Canaccord responds to analyst who quit after low bonus
Canaccord Genuity Corp. denies that it owes anything to Juan Plessis, a former research analyst who quit after receiving a lower-than-expected bonus of $75,000. Mr. Plessis's bonus was in line with his poor performance, Canaccord says.
- Shell Summary for July 22, 2014
Matthew Watson's capital pool shell, Way Ventures, plans to close its acquisition of UGE Holdings by next week. The target, managed by Nick Blitterswyk, sells wind turbines.
- Gold Summary for July 22, 2014
Newmont and Freeport continue to butt heads with Indonesia. Barisan Gold happily drills with no trouble at its Upper Tengkereng property, while its former parent, East Asia, is running out of money. Buccaneer plans to spin out its gold properties.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 22, 2014
Dominion Diamond has more carats at Misery, which could bode well for Jay. Margaret Lake Diamonds plans preliminaries at Margaret Lake, and possibly drilling. Alphamin Resources has fled Bisie violence. EMC Metals has borrowed cash for Nyngan scandium.
- Shell Summary for July 21, 2014
Majid Mangalji's Westcap Investments will acquire a Red Roof Inn near the Baltimore airport as its QT. Darren Devine's Oculus Ventures closes its QT by acquiring Cameron Chell's Slyce Inc., which went public today and was the second most active trader on the TSX-V.
- Gold Summary for July 21, 2014
Glen Eagle's John Labrecque celebrates 70 per cent gold recovery at its waste dumps in Nicaragua. Condor Resources falls on poor assays from Peru, and Arian Resources fails to unearth a gold belt in Albania.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 21, 2014
Mountain Province has a deal to benefit Indians at Gahcho Kue. Almaden Minerals is raising cash; some could go for drilling at ATW. RB Energy is facing more delays at its lithium mine near Val d'Or. Hudson Resources is focused on financing its White Mountain play.
- OSC reaches $700,000 deal with Sino-Forest's Horsley
The OSC has reached a $700,000 settlement with David Horsley, the former CFO of collapsed Chinese forester Sino-Forest Corp. He has admitted that he had insufficient knowledge of the company's operations, and relied too much on overseas management.
- Shell Summary for July 18, 2014
David Mitchell's fifth capital pool shell, Whiteknight Acquisitions III, will list Monday. BBS Securities sold the shell's $586,100 IPO. Scott Gibson's Westham Resources acquires a uranium property in Saskatchewan and begins trading as Roughrider Exploration.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Maxwell Technologies' Second Quarter Financial Results Press Release, Conference Call and Webcast Set for July 31
- Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate Corp. Announces Management Changes, Including the Promotion of Richard A. Petrocelli to CFO
- Bank of the James Reports Second Quarter, First Half 2014 Financial Results
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Investigation on Behalf of China XD Plastics Company Limited Investors Announced by Law Offices of Howard G. Smith
- 4 Tips for Utilizing Real-Time Data in Your Content Marketing Strategy
- Giving to the Giving
- Lightbridge to Host August 6 Conference Call and Webcast on 2014 Second Quarter Business Update and Financial Results
- Compuware Corporation to Announce First Quarter FY '15 Results on July 29, 2014
- Libbey Inc. Expands Premium Dinnerware Offerings For U.S. And Canada Foodservice Through Agreement With Schonwald
- PBI Bank Taps RLF Communications as Marketing Communications Partner
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- AAN's Ona, Keblo form JV for 10 wells in Tennessee
AAN Ventures Inc.'s Ona Power Oil & Gas Corp. has signed a joint venture agreement with Keblo Energy LLC for 10 oil and gas wells in Tennessee. Ona must finance drilling and completion costs to earn a 75-per-cent interest.
- Golden Arrow exercises Premier Royalty put right option
Golden Arrow Resources Corp. has exercised its put right option to acquire Premier Royalty warrants for cancellation. The company expects to receive $1.25-million from the exercise.
- Accord earns $1.53-million in Q2, increases dividend
Accord Financial Corp. earned $1.53-million on revenue of $7.52-million in the second quarter of 2014, compared with earnings of $1.26-million on revenue of $6.38-million in the same period last year. It has also boosted its quarterly dividend to 8.5 cents.
- Wi-LAN to license patents to Philips; no details
Wi-LAN Inc.'s Open Network Solutions has entered a licence deal with Koninklijke Philips and Philips Electronics North America for its patents on non-standard devices. It has kept the terms of the deal confidential.
- Zephyr Minerals closes $260,000 first tranche
Zephyr Minerals Ltd. has closed a $260,000 first tranche of its private placement, having issued 1.73 million units at 15 cents each. It will use the proceeds for its Dawson property and working capital. It may raise another $40,000.
- Uniserve appoints Lim as director
Uniserve Communications Corp. is appointing former CFO and secretary Albert Lim as a director. The company's shareholders have re-elected Joseph Willmott, Michael Scholz, Stephen Plant, Earnest Beaudin, Hashim Mitha and Fred Munn as directors.
- NovaDx to transfer MCoal to Sandstorm
NovaDx Ventures Corp. will transfer its subsidiary, MCoal Corp., to Sandsorm Metals & Energy (U.S.) Inc. to settle all amounts owed and cancel previous coal streaming deals. MCoal holds the inactive Rosa mine in Alabama.
- Odin investor Beaty acquires 26.38 million shares
Odin Mining and Exploration Ltd. investor Ross Beaty has acquired 26.38 million shares of the company. Mr. Beaty now holds 22.1 per cent of Beaty.
- Fortune Minerals receives Type A water licence for Nico
Fortune Minerals Ltd. has received a Type A water licence for its Nico project in the Northwest Territories. It may begin mine construction after paying an initial closure bond.
- Legend Power, TAF complete first energy savings project
Legend Power Systems Inc. has completed its first energy savings project with the Toronto Atmospheric Fund. Legend installed six Harmonizers in an unnamed company's facilities, and FINN Projects is currently reviewing the results.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.