No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Gold closed under $1,200 an ounce, sending Barrick to a 22-year low. Centerra's cash costs are much too high. Iamgold and Semafo brace for violence in Burkina Faso, and Reservoir Minerals rose slightly as its joint venturer resumed drilling in Serbia.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Surge Energy defends its dividend. Parex Resources boosts reserves in Colombia. Canacol Energy arranges a $100-million (U.S.) note deal for investments in Latin America (quite possibly Mexico), and Petromanas Energy suspends drilling at a well in Albania.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Larry Doan files a prospectus to list his first capital pool shell, Marching Moose Capital. Zip Dhanani proposes to roll back Wangton Capital 1:2, and Ron Schmeichel's Mira IV Capital is a busy trader.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has a few more long drill hits at its rich Kelvin kimberlite. Alto Ventures has wrapped up till sampling at Pikoo. Orbite Aluminae faces further delay. Lomiko Metals and Canada Strategic Metals have begun drilling La Loutre.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- Petaquilla sued over drill core storage bill
Petaquilla Minerals Ltd. is a defendant in a $110,947 lawsuit over the storage of many pallets of drill core. WestCoast Mineral Storage claims that the company has not paid its bill since November, 2012.
- IGM's Investors Group sued by body massage tenant
IGM Financial Inc.'s Investors Group is a defendant in a landlord-tenant lawsuit over body massages. A Coquitlam business complains that Investors Group, as its landlord, has unfairly prevented or restricted massages at its premises for years.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Lachlan Star is trying to raise $5-million from Peter Babin, a former director. AuRico Gold hopes it can still build a $500-million gold mine north of Smithers, B.C. Sheldon Inwentash's Pinetree Capital continues to dump stock in low-priced juniors.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- DENSO Announces First-half Financial Results
- ESB FINANCIAL SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Former SEC Attorney Willie Briscoe and Powers Taylor LLP Investigate Sale to WesBanco
- Aviv REIT SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Former SEC Attorney Willie Briscoe and Powers Taylor LLP Investigate Acquisition by Omega Healthcare
- Latteno's CannabeeSweets Division Introduces 5 New MMJ Edibles
- McGraw Hill Financial to Present at the Wells Fargo Securities Technology, Media & Telecom Conference on November 13
- CHS to open Wisconsin propane rail terminal
- BTUI INVESTOR ALERT: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Launches Investigation of Board of Directors of BTU International, Inc. Concerning the Fairness of the Sale of the Company to Amtech Systems, Inc.
- MobileIron Named Fastest Growing EMM Vendor in the World from 2012 to 2013
- DRIV INVESTOR ALERT: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Investigates the Board of Directors of Digital River, Inc. Regarding the Fairness of the Sale of the Company to Siris Capital Group, LLC - DRIV
- Kinder Morgan Places Sierrita Pipeline in Service to Provide Natural Gas to Customers in Mexico
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Wolfden drills 1.05 m of 105 g/t Ag at Tetagouche
Wolfden Resources Corp. has drilled 1.05 metres of 105 grams per tonne silver, 1.63 g/t gold and 4.76 per cent zinc at its Tetagouche property in New Brunswick. It has also drilled 0.79 metre of 138 g/t silver, 1.91 g/t gold and 6.35 per cent zinc.
- Rogers, Shaw's shomi signs content deal with BBC
Rogers Communications Inc. and Shaw Communications Inc.'s shomi service has signed an exclusive content deal with BBC Worldwide North America. shomi will premiere A Young Doctor's Notebook & Other Stories.
- PetroFrontier gets $2.97-mm (Australian) tax incentive
PetroFrontier Corp.'s subsidiary has received a $2,971,884 (Australian) tax incentive for research and development. Another subsidiary is seeking R&D tax incentive of up to $1.44-million (Australian).
- Sunset Cove Mining completes $148,500 private placement
Sunset Cove Mining Inc. has completed a $148,500 private placement of 2.97 million shares at five cents. President Lorne Woods and COO Marc Blais were subscribers in the financing.
- IIROC fines Fridgant for fake portfolio statements
Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada has fined Mark Fridgant $75,000 for providing fake portfolio statements to two sets of clients. Mr. Fridgant also received a permanent bar on his approval with IIROC and has to pay $50,000 in costs.
- TomaGold, Iamgold extend due dates on exploration work
TomaGold Corp. has extended the dates by which Iamgold Corp. must fulfill certain work commitments to earn a 50-per-cent interest in three Quebec projects. In exchange, Iamgold will spend $1-million more on exploration by the first anniversary date.
- Algoma receives Equinox exhaust system certification
Algoma Central Corp. has received certification for the exhaust gas scrubbing systems on its Equinox Class ships. The scrubber units apparently remove 97 per cent of sulphur oxide emissions.
- Eurocontrol to acquire rights to nanoimprint tool
Eurocontrol Technics Group Inc. will acquire rights to a nanoimprinting tool developed by Ramot at Tel Aviv University.
- Clearwater Seafoods earns $2.95-million in Q3 2014
Clearwater Seafoods Inc. earned $2.95-million on sales of $134.06-million in fiscal Q3 2014. The company earned $27.22-million on sales of $113.98-million during the same period last year.
- National Bank appoints Bachand, Kinsley as directors
National Bank of Canada is appointing Raymond Bachand and Karen Kinsley as directors. Mr. Bachand was president and CEO of the Fonds de solidarite FTQ and SECOR. Ms. Kinsley was president and CEO of Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.