No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Simon Yakubowicz's first capital pool shell, Cluny Capital, will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Paul Cox's Adent Capital has conditional approval from the exchange to acquire Proxima Diamonds, a Northwest Territories diamond explorer, as its QT.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Activist investor Orange Capital pushes for change at Bellatrix Exploration. Strategic Oil woos investors in Denver. Leucrotta Exploration begins its life on the TSX-V, and Neil Young and Willie Nelson promote an anti-Keystone concert in a cornfield.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Dominion Diamond has had a sparkling second quarter at Ekati and Diavik. Eagle Plains Resources is hunting gems on a Saskatchewan gold play. Caribou King Resources plans more sampling at Buckingham. Orocobre's Olaroz mine is nearly complete.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
Amarillo Gold arranges a 5,000-ounce gold loan as it continues to await permits. Riverside Resources hires Greg Myers as VP of exploration. Arian Resources looks to part with a majority of Perlat, and new consultant Jim Belushi books an HBO show.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
John O'Sullivan and Don Wright's capital pool shell, Cinaport Acquisition, plans to soon complete its acquisition of Mettrum Ltd., a licensed producer of medical marijuana. Mettrum has already closed a $34.5-million private placement in connection with the QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
Arctic Star Exploration and North Arrow Minerals probably failed to hit kimberlite at Redemption. Talmora Diamond needs a big drill program. It might afford a tiny one. Big North Graphite needs over $2-million to get El Tejon producing graphite.
- Tahoe says B.C. inappropriate venue for protester case
Tahoe Resources Inc. has asked that the B.C. courts dismiss a lawsuit from Guatemalan protesters who claim to have suffered injuries in an incident at the Escobal mine. The company says that the appropriate venue for the lawsuit is Guatemala.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 15, 2014
Alan Hill works to increase Teranga Gold's production in Senegal. INV Metals hopes Ecuador will spare the company from its 70-per-cent windfall tax. Elgin shareholders prepare to tender to Mandalay Resources.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 15, 2014
Herrick Lau's Lingxian Capital plans to buy a Hong Kong company that sells steel in China as its QT. Affinor Resources acquires 10 per cent of Steve Bajic's capital pool shell, Margaux Red Capital.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 15, 2014
WesternZagros Resources turns down a takeover offer in favour of a $400-plus-million debt and rights deal. Serinus Energy has a curiously good day. Advantage Oil enjoys improving results at its Glacier Montney project.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- IDT Power Experts to Present at IIC-China Forums
- Superconductor Technologies Inc. to Exhibit at CIGRE 2014 August 25th to 29th
- Leju Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- E-House Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- China's National Development and Reform Commission Imposes Monetary Sanctions for Violation of Anti-Monopoly Law
- MNP Petroleum Corp. Retains Investor Relations Consultant
- Duetto And Komani Gaming Team Up To Help Casino Hotels & Resorts Increase Profitability
- US Ecology Announces Appointment of Katina Dorton to Its Board of Directors
- LightInTheBox Holding Co., Ltd. Reports Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- Men's Wearhouse Announces Fiscal 2014 Second Quarter Earnings Release And Conference Call Schedule
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Duluth's NI 43-101 PFS work at TMM shows 11.4% IRR
Duluth Metals Ltd's NI 43-101 prefeasibilty study work for the TMM project in Minnesota shows an estimated after-tax IRR of 11.4 per cent. Estimated copper cash costs for the project are 31 cents per pound in the first 10 years.
- Pretium drills 2.1 m of 335.65 g/t Au at Kings
Pretium Resources Inc. has drilled 2.1 metres of 335.65 g/t gold at the Valley of the Kings. This interval included 0.8 metre of 4,130 g/t gold and 0.5 metre of 3,530 g/t gold. Other results were 13 metres of 1.21 g/t gold and 10.5 metres of 1.4 g/t gold.
- Jericho Oil acquires 475 acres in Miami county, Kansas
Jericho Oil Corp. has acquired 475 acres in Miami county, Kansas, with current production of four bopd. The company now has almost 3,600 acres in Kansas. The company plans to start developing the newly acquired acreage late this year.
- Royal Bank names Brown CEO of RBC Global Asset Int'l
Royal Bank of Canada has named Clive Brown CEO and managing director of RBC Global Asset Management International. In this new position, Mr. Brown will manage RBC GAM in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, excluding BlueRay Asset Management.
- Canada Zinc drills 9.44 m of 10.18% Zn+Pb at Akie
Canada Zinc Metals Corp. has drilled 9.44 metres of 10.18 per cent combined zinc and lead at the Akie property. This interval included 6.93 metres of 10.34 per cent zinc and lead. Another result was 34.75 metres of 5.58 per cent zinc and lead.
- Vermilion produces 2013 sustainability report
Vermilion Energy Inc. has produced a sustainability report covering all the company's work. The report details the company's 2013 production of almost 15 million boe, revenue of $1.2-billlion and distributions to shareholders of $240-million.
- BCE's Amazing Race records second non-elimination leg
BCE Inc.'s The Amazing Race Canada has recorded its second non-elimination leg. Six teams will continue to race in the next episode airing Aug. 26 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- Petroamerica earns $6.43-million (U.S.) in Q2
Petroamerica Oil Corp. earned $6.43-million (U.S.) on revenue of $47.82-million (U.S.) in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with a profit of $11.17-million (U.S.) on revenue of $46.1-million (U.S.) in the same year-ago quarter.
- Newmac appoints K. Wu to board; J.Y. Wu resigns
Newmac Resources Inc. has appointed Karmen Wu to its board of directors. Jai Yi Wu has resigned from the board.
- Platinex, Rubicon Minerals property agreement
Platinex Inc. has filed with the TSX-V its Aug. 11, 2014, agreement to acquire 10 mining claims in Ontario from Rubicon Minerals Corp. The company must pay $70,350 and issue 800,000 shares.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.