No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- IGM's Investors Group sued by body massage tenant
IGM Financial Inc.'s Investors Group is a defendant in a landlord-tenant lawsuit over body massages. A Coquitlam business complains that Investors Group, as its landlord, has unfairly prevented or restricted massages at its premises for years.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Lachlan Star is trying to raise $5-million from Peter Babin, a former director. AuRico Gold hopes it can still build a $500-million gold mine north of Smithers, B.C. Sheldon Inwentash's Pinetree Capital continues to dump stock in low-priced juniors.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Black Sparrow will ask shareholders at a Dec. 1 meeting to approve a rollback so it can acquire Aphria Inc., a medical marijuana company that hopes to soon have a production licence. Health Canada will visit Aphria's greenhouses within two weeks for a final inspection.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Athabasca Oil faces an Ebola scare, but all is well. Buying Crew Energy is a "no brainer," says Barron's. Perpetual Energy sells non-core oil assets in Alberta, and LGX Oil continues to battle the government over a bird protection order.
- IIROC imposes $20,000 fine on Research ex Ahrens
IIROC has imposed $20,000 in fines and a four-week suspension on Justin Ahrens, a former Research Capital Corp. branch manager. The regulator said he ignored red flags in accounts associated with Thal Poonian.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 28. 2014
Prima Diamond is still seeking cash to explore Munn Lake and other diamond properties. Genius Properties has a muddled focus. Alphamin Resources has hit more high-grade tin at Bisie. Alberta Star Development will chase rare earths in Northern Saskatchewan.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 27, 2014
Goldman Sachs slashes its oil price forecasts for 2015. Bankers Petroleum investors worry about Brent's decline. TransGlobe Energy hits its lowest level since March, 2010, and Niko Resources unloads assets in Indonesia.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- MHI to Change Name of Group Company in Singapore
- Markit to Present at the J.P. Morgan Ultimate Services Investor Conference
- Promising Data Presented at the Chicago Multidisciplinary Symposium on Thoracic Oncology From an Investigator-Sponsored Trial of Peregrine Pharmaceuticals' Bavituximab in Combination With Pemetrexed and Carboplatin in Front-Line Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- American Campus Communities Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Gladstone Land Announces a $24.6 Million Farm Acquisition in California
- Issuer Direct Completes Acquisition of Accesswire
- Good Vibrations Shoes announces the Worldwide publication of its International Patent Application
- Angela Harrell Named Head of Voya Foundation and Office of Corporate Responsibility
- Simba Energy Retains Star Finance GmbH
- Perion Network to Announce Third Quarter and Nine Months 2014 Financial Results on November 6, 2014
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- FP/wire say MEG posts narrower Q3 profit and revenue
- MGX Minerals arranges $250,000 private placement
MGX Minerals Inc. has arranged a private placement of one million shares at 25 cents. It has completed an eight-hole drill program and a land survey at its Driftwood Creek project.
- Stria closes $181,420 first tranche of placement
Stria Lithium Inc. has closed a $181,420 first tranche of its private placement, issuing 177,667 non-FT units at 15 cents each and 814,580 FT units at 19 cents each. It will use the proceeds for exploration and for its Li processing technology.
- Nomad hires Palisade for IR services
Nomad Ventures Inc. has hired Palisade Capital Corp. for investor relations services. Nomad will pay Palisade $6,000 per month and issue an option to buy 100,000 five-cent shares.
- AgriMarine arranges $4.35-million loan with Dundee
AgriMarine Holdings Inc. has arranged a $4.35-million drawdown loan with Dundee Agricultural Corp. Funds drawn will bear interest at 12.68 per cent per year. AgriMarine will use the proceeds to expand its fish production plants in Canada and China.
- Finore Mining arranges $500,000 private placement
Finore Mining Inc. has arranged a $500,000 private placement of 10 million units at five cents. It will use the proceeds for its Tomboko and Lantinen Koillismaa projects, and for working capital.
- Post/wire say Sherritt to cut 10% of salaried staff
- FP/wire say Cameco cuts revenue forecast
- Golden Arrow releases updated NI 43-101 Chinchillas PEA
Golden Arrow Resources Corp. has released an updated NI 43-101-compliant PEA for its Chinchillas property in Argentina. The study estimates an aftertax NPV of $226-million (U.S.) and IRR of 24.3 per cent.
- Van Sun/CP say Ballard lowers guidance for 2014
Click here for more Canadian headlines.