No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Gold closed under $1,200 an ounce, sending Barrick to a 22-year low. Centerra's cash costs are much too high. Iamgold and Semafo brace for violence in Burkina Faso, and Reservoir Minerals rose slightly as its joint venturer resumed drilling in Serbia.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Surge Energy defends its dividend. Parex Resources boosts reserves in Colombia. Canacol Energy arranges a $100-million (U.S.) note deal for investments in Latin America (quite possibly Mexico), and Petromanas Energy suspends drilling at a well in Albania.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Larry Doan files a prospectus to list his first capital pool shell, Marching Moose Capital. Zip Dhanani proposes to roll back Wangton Capital 1:2, and Ron Schmeichel's Mira IV Capital is a busy trader.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 30, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has a few more long drill hits at its rich Kelvin kimberlite. Alto Ventures has wrapped up till sampling at Pikoo. Orbite Aluminae faces further delay. Lomiko Metals and Canada Strategic Metals have begun drilling La Loutre.
- Finavera denies owing $550,000 fee to Capital West
Finavera Wind Energy Inc. denies that it owes a fee to Capital West Partners, a private entity that is suing the company for $550,000. The supposed fee was for work that Capital West never did, Finavera says.
- Salmon River defends loan lawsuit, blames Noble
Salmon River Resources Ltd. denies that it owes any money to a BVI company suing over a $2-million (U.S.) loan. It says the loan arose from a failed JV, and its partner-to-be, Noble Group Ltd., is responsible.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- Petaquilla sued over drill core storage bill
Petaquilla Minerals Ltd. is a defendant in a $110,947 lawsuit over the storage of many pallets of drill core. WestCoast Mineral Storage claims that the company has not paid its bill since November, 2012.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Morgan & Morgan Announces That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Willbros Group, Inc. -- WG
- Morgan & Morgan Announces That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against iBio, Inc. -- IBIO
- Morgan & Morgan Announces That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. -- ARCP
- Bay Banks of Virginia, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Earnings
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. and Certain Officers - MBII
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Certain Officers - PCRX
- MicroFinancial Incorporated to Present at the Southwest IDEAS Investor Conference
- SEDAR Interim Financial Statements
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against 21Vianet Group, Inc. and Certain Officers - VNET
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against PDL BioPharma, Inc. and Certain Officers - PDLI
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- TransCanada's Energy East has FONOM's support
TransCanada Corp.'s Energy East pipeline project has the support of the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities. FONOM plans to apply to be an intervenor in the National Energy Board hearings for Energy East.
- Avnel Gold shares pass TSX review
Avnel Gold Mining Ltd.'s shares have passed a delisting review by the TSX. The company's shares meet the exchange's continued listing requirements.
- Vanoil Energy to conduct cost-cutting review
Vanoil Energy Ltd.'s management will conduct a review of the company to cut non-essential costs and dispose of non-productive assets. The company intends to pursue its legal arbitration claims with the Republic of Kenya.
- Rainy Mountain arranges $97,500 private placement
Rainy Mountain Royalty Corp. has arranged a $97,500 private placement of 1.5 million non-flow-through units at 6.5 cents. It will use the proceeds for exploration and working capital.
- First Majestic to release Q3 2014 results Nov. 12
First Majestic Silver Corp. will release its third-quarter 2014 financial results on Nov. 12, 2014.
- Terra Nova Energy appoints Anderson as CFO
Terra Nova Energy Ltd. has appointed Matt Anderson as CFO to replace Robert McMorran. Mr. McMorran will continue as a director. The company has granted options to buy 4.32 million shares at 18 cents per share for five years.
- Callinan issues 60,000 shares to Butler
Callinan Royalties Corp. has issued 60,000 shares to Roland Butler for his restricted share units. Mr. Butler now holds 3.12 million shares or 6.35 per cent of Callinan's shares.
- AMI fails to prove claim re Lake Botsumtwi zone
AMI Resources Inc. has failed to prove its claim in Ghana, regarding the restricted non-economic zone around Lake Botsumtwi. The judge says AMI knew of the zone since 1996/1997, and that it did not do any scientific research to challenge the decision.
- Palo Duro shareholders approve all items at AGSM
Palo Duro Energy Inc. shareholders have elected five directors at the company's AGSM. Shareholders also approved Palo's continuance to B.C., and authorized directors to change the company's name.
- Avivagen study says OxC-beta supports immune functions
Avivagen Inc.'s study has provided evidence that oxidized carotenoid OxC-beta supports immune functions. This may allow it to replace antibiotics in livestock.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.