No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Penn West moves closer to its goal of selling $1.5-billion to $2-billion of assets by year-end. Africa Oil plunges on disappointing results in Kenya. Touchstone Exploration, with plenty of help from Canaccord Genuity, talks up its assets in Trinidad.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Daniel Drimmer's new capital pool shell, Campar Capital, closes its $400,000 IPO and will list on the TSX-V Friday. Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III plans to acquire Solegear Bioplastics as its QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 23, 2014
Majescor Resources hopes for royalty income from Brauna. Almaden Minerals will spin off its ATW diamond play and other secondary assets to a new company. Dajin Resources has some cash for Argentinean lithium. Mason Graphite is processing rock from Lac Gueret.
- Fission may see Northern Miner added to defamation case
Fission Uranium Corp. and its CEO, Dev Randhawa, may see the Northern Miner added to a defamation case against them. Geologist Jody Dahrouge complains that the publication has refused to entirely remove an interview in which Mr. Randhawa attacked him.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Talisman Energy arranges a 50-50 joint venture in Colombia, where GeoPark, a joint venturer of Parex, has some underwhelming test results. Bellatrix Exploration hires an analyst as its new IR man.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Bok Wong's Maple Power Capital plans to acquire Intrinsic4D LLC, a Michigan imaging software company that caters to the health care sector, as its QT. Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy expects to close its mining QT by the end of November.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Kinross falls despite news the company will recover $250-million from its stalled Fruta del Norte gold deposit in Ecuador. INV Metals, which is also working in Ecuador, rearranges its mine to avoid a windfall tax. SnipGold "could be in a position to drill" next fall.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 22, 2014
Lucara Diamond has another sparkling sale of diamonds from Karowe. Canterra Minerals found a diamond in its indicator mineral sampling at Marlin. Focus Graphite has promotable assays from drilling at Lac Tetepisca. West Melville Metals is doing metallurgy at Isortoq.
- SEC wins 10-year ban, fine for Subaye CFO
The SEC has won a 10-year ban and a $150,000 (U.S.) fine against James Crane, the former CFO of collapsed Nasdaq listing Subaye Inc. The SEC claimed that Subaye, which once traded at $26 (U.S.), had a business that was almost entirely imaginary.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 21, 2014
Joint venturers Donnycreek Energy and Contact Exploration plan to merge and create Kicking Horse Energy. The B.C. government unveils its LNG tax regime. Eagle Energy, which led the charge of cross-border trusts into the U.S., now wants to buy local.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Thunder Mountain Gold Updates Private Placement Financing
- Advanced Photonix to Webcast Fiscal 2015 Second Quarter Earnings
- OxySure Systems Merges with Estill Medical Technologies - Video News Alert on InvestmentPitch.com
- Toledo Edison Builds Transmission Line to Serve New Home Depot Warehouse
- Franklin Electric Declares Payment of Quarterly Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- BNY Mellon and the BNY Mellon Foundation of Southwestern Pennsylvania Launch $1 Million Social Innovation Challenge
- T-Mobile Upgrades Its Already Blazing-Fast Network in Connecticut
- Natural Grocers To Offer Free Events On "Paleo Power Tuesday"
- Philadelphia 76ers Extend Wide-Ranging Partnership With StubHub
- Outsource, LLC Selects Benefitfocus HR INTOUCH MARKETPLACE®
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Postmedia Network loses $107.46-million in fiscal 2014
Postmedia Network Canada Corp. lost $107.46-million on revenues of $674.25-million in fiscal 2014. It lost $160.22-million on revenues of $751.58-million in fiscal 2013.
- WCB drills 188 m of 574 ppm Cu in first hole at Misima
WCB Resources Ltd. has drilled 188 metres of 574 parts per million copper from the first hole of its Misima project in Papua New Guinea. It drilled the hole to a total depth of 723.3 metres, and is now moving on to the second hole.
- ASC permanently bans Zeiben, Grit, Texas Petroleum
Alberta Securities Commission has permanently banned Lawrence Zeiben and his companies, Grit International and Texas Petroleum for making misrepresentations to investors. Mr. Zeiben must pay a penalty of $250,000 and costs of $50,000.
- Big Rock releases Anthea Wet Hop Ale
Big Rock Brewery Inc. has released its Anthea Wet Hop Ale. The beer is available in a 650 ml bomber bottle and will be available in Albert and B.C.
- Arch grants options to buy 1.2 million shares
Arch Biopartners Inc. has granted options to buy 1.2 million shares to its directors, officers and consultants. The shares are exercisable at 30 cents, 40 cents and 50 cents each for five years.
- Nomad Ventures boosts private placement to $275,000
Nomad Ventures Inc. has boosted its previously announced private placement to $275,000. The increased financing consists of 5.5 million units at five cents each. The company will also acquire a barge loading ramp for its St. Vincent Bay property.
- Post/CP say Rogers boss looks to future NHL ad revenue
- FP says Target's woes could help Hudson's Bay, others
- Post says Brookfield Residential shareholder wants more
- Imvescor to start paying two-cent quarterly dividend
Imvescor Restaurant Group Inc. will start paying a quarterly dividend of two cents a share. It expects to declare the first dividend in the coming weeks.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.