No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for July 21, 2014
Majid Mangalji's Westcap Investments will acquire a Red Roof Inn near the Baltimore airport as its QT. Darren Devine's Oculus Ventures closes its QT by acquiring Cameron Chell's Slyce Inc., which went public today and was the second most active trader on the TSX-V.
- Gold Summary for July 21, 2014
Glen Eagle's John Labrecque celebrates 70 per cent gold recovery at its waste dumps in Nicaragua. Condor Resources falls on poor assays from Peru, and Arian Resources fails to unearth a gold belt in Albania.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 21, 2014
Mountain Province has a deal to benefit Indians at Gahcho Kue. Almaden Minerals is raising cash; some could go for drilling at ATW. RB Energy is facing more delays at its lithium mine near Val d'Or. Hudson Resources is focused on financing its White Mountain play.
- OSC reaches $700,000 deal with Sino-Forest's Horsley
The OSC has reached a $700,000 settlement with David Horsley, the former CFO of collapsed Chinese forester Sino-Forest Corp. He has admitted that he had insufficient knowledge of the company's operations, and relied too much on overseas management.
- Shell Summary for July 18, 2014
David Mitchell's fifth capital pool shell, Whiteknight Acquisitions III, will list Monday. BBS Securities sold the shell's $586,100 IPO. Scott Gibson's Westham Resources acquires a uranium property in Saskatchewan and begins trading as Roughrider Exploration.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 18, 20142
Afri-Can Marine Minerals hopes to raise some cash but it needs more to revive its diamond hunt. Strike Graphite, a new diamond explorer, will merge with Athabasca Nuclear. Quest Rare Minerals has raised $3-million for a Strange Lake feasibility study.
- NexGen Energy denies wrongdoing in Ainsworth hiring
NexGen Energy Ltd. denies that it did anything wrong when it hired Alpha Exploration Inc.'s VP of exploration, Garrett Ainsworth. Alpha's CEO, who is also Mr. Ainsworth's father, knew about the hiring well in advance.
- SEC seeks up to $12.2-million (U.S.) from Amyot
The SEC has filed a motion for a default judgment of up to $12.2-million (U.S.) against Quebec's Jean-Francois Amyot. The regulator claims his conduct was "especially egregious" in a 2010 pump-and-dump.
- Shell Summary for July 17, 2014
Alan Rootenberg's capital pool shell, Searchtech Capital, plans to acquire PharmaCan Capital as its QT. The target invests in medical marijuana companies and has a letter of intent to acquire a licensed producer, In the Zone Produce.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 17, 2014
Dominion Diamond has had a good year but not everyone is happy. Investors seem pleased with Lucara Diamond's latest sale of special gems. Search Minerals will drop tin and continue its Foxtrot. Nemaska Lithium has made its final Whabouchi payment.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Announces The Investigation Of Rockwood Holdings Inc. In Connection With The Proposed Sale Of The Company
- Walker & Dunlop Completes Two Day Rate Lock on Large Multifamily Financing
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors With Losses Over $100,000 in Higher One Holdings, Inc. to Contact the Firm Before the Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit -- ONE
- HCA 2nd Quarter 2014 Earnings Conference Call
- MTBC Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MeetMe Announces Expected Second Quarter 2014 Results
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Announces The Investigation Of Franklin Financial Corporation In Connection With The Proposed Sale Of The Company
- MeetMe Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
- Lone Star Value Responds To General Meeting Results
- Dines says hold Organovo Holdings; Iraq to split 3 ways
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Triox enters JV with eQube, Catalyst Gaming
Triox Ltd. has entered a joint venture with eQube Technology and Software Inc. and Catalyst Gaming Corp. Catalyst Gaming will find $1.5-million in subscriptions for Triox's 50-cent-per-share private placement.
- Int'l Speculator downgrades Goldquest Mining to hold
- Scotiabank Series 13 preferred removed from S&P/TSX
Bank of Nova Scotia will redeem its 4.8-per-cent preferred shares, Series 13, for $25 per share on July 29, 2014. The shares will be removed from the S&P/TSX Preferred Share and S&P/TSX North American Preferred Stock indices.
- Lundin says hold Rye Patch Gold
- North Bluff director Ah-Yon resigns
North Bluff Capital Corp. director Eric Ah-Yon has resigned. The company is still working on its proposed acquisition of Biodegradable Technologies General Partnership.
- Regal Lifestyle to release Q2 results Aug. 12
Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc. will release its second quarter financial results in the afternoon of Aug. 12. It will hold a conference call Aug. 13 at 9 a.m. ET. President and CEO Simon Nyilassy and CFO Harold Atterton will host the conference call.
- Horizons BP S&P 500 VIX ST Futures Bull to rollback
Horizons BetaPro S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Bull Plus ETF will trade on a 1:5 consolidated basis starting July 31.
- Desert Star 833,333 warrants extended
Desert Star Resources Ltd. has received TSX-V approval to extend 833,333 warrants by one year to Aug. 24, 2015. The warrants are exercisable at 40 cents per share.
- High Arctic Energy to pay 1.5-cent dividend Aug. 14
High Arctic Energy Services Inc. will pay a July dividend of 1.5 cents a share on Aug. 14. The dividend is payable to shareholders of record on July 31.
- Eagle I Capital delisted from NEX
Eagle I Capital Corp. has been delisted from the NEX, effective on July 23, 2014, for failing to pay the listing maintenance fee.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.