No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for July 30, 2014
Portex Minerals is the first of 41 juniors to sell shares of GRIT. GRIT's David Hutchins blames a lack of liquidity on the subdued market. Stuart Ross's El Tigre has its busiest day ever, and Doug Mason's four juniors pay high rent.
- Shell Summary for July 30, 2014
Suzanne Wood and Blake Olafson's capital pool shell, Alexandra Capital, expects to close its mining QT in mid-August. This is the second time Ms. Wood has turned to prospector Jim Rankin for a mining property in B.C. for one of her shells.
- Energy Summary for July 30, 2014
Penn West plunges after finding accounting irregularities. Athabasca Oil jumps as PetroChina promises that its $1.23-billion Dover deal will go through. Republican Senators allege collusion between green groups, billionaires and the U.S. government.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 30, 2014
Canterra Minerals has a promotable new backer. Williams Creek Gold has reversed its management swap. Niocorp Developments has a new director. Zenyatta Ventures has a target date for its Albany dream sheet.
- BCSC-banned Briner cited over missing client money
BCSC-banned lawyer John Briner is now the target of a professional misconduct case that the Law Society has initiated. The society claims that he misappropriated client money in 2013.
- Gold Summary for July 29, 2014
Frank Callaghan resigns as Barkerville obtains a one-month payment extension from Eric Sprott. West African tries to bring Channel's old project, Mankarga, in Burkina Faso to production. Mega Precious and the Red Sucker Lake settle their differences.
- Shell Summary for July 29, 2014
Kay Jessel and William McCartney's Karsten Energy has an option to buy the Mackenzie Mountains iron-copper property in the Northwest Territories. Mettrum Ltd., a medical marijuana producer and the QT target of Cinaport Acquisitions, closes a $34.5-million financing.
- Energy Summary for July 29, 2014
Talisman Energy falls short of analyst predictions by posting a loss in the second quarter. Epsilon Energy enjoys a second heady day. Pine Cliff Energy arranges its second acquisition in less than two weeks.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 29, 2014
Mountain Province expects to borrow $370-million for Gahcho Kue. Tsodilo Resources has raised cash for Botswana drilling. Berkwood Resources has raised cash to work Lac Gueret. Search Minerals has replaced its new CEO with its old CEO.
- Shell Summary for July 28, 2014
Edward Ierfino's Element 79 Capital expects to have a filing statement outlining its QT with Canadian Gold by the end of next month. Gary Zak files a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Whitewater Capital, and Herrick Lau's Lingxian Capital is an active trader.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Announces Pricing of Public Offerings of Class A Common Stock and Tangible Equity Units
- Data I/O Announces New PSV3000 Automated Programming System for Asian Markets
- Ceragon Networks Ltd. Prices Underwritten Public Offering of Ordinary Shares
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess Of $100,000 From Investment in World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. to Contact Brower Piven Before the September 23, 2014 Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit -- WWE
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Announces The Investigation Of Trulia, Inc. In Connection With The Proposed Sale Of The Company To Zillow, Inc.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $100,000 From Investment in NetSol Technologies, Inc. to Contact Brower Piven Before the September 23, 2014 Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit -- NTWK
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Announces The Investigation Of Intermountain Community Bancorp In Connection With The Proposed Sale Of The Company To Columbia Banking System, Inc.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Announces The Investigation Of Family Dollar Stores Inc. In Connection With The Proposed Sale Of The Company To Dollar Tree, Inc.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $100,000 From Investment in Barclays PLC to Contact Brower Piven Before the September 26, 2014 Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit -- BCS
- Scripps, Journal Merging Broadcast Operations, Spinning off Newspapers
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Anexco grants option to buy 200,000 shares
Anexco Resources Ltd. has granted an option to buy 200,000 shares to a consultant. The option is exercisable at 22 cents per share for five years.
- Stream earns $1.17-million in Q2
Stream Oil & Gas Ltd. earned $1.17-million (U.S.) on revenue of $8.56-million (U.S.) in the second quarter ended May 31, 2014. This compares with a profit of $441,000 (U.S.) on revenue of $10.27-million (U.S.) in the same year-ago quarter.
- PHX Energy loses $1.06-million in Q2
PHX Energy Services Corp. lost $1.06-million on revenue of $100.48-million in the second quarter of 2014. The company lost $4.73-million on revenue of $65.48-million a year earlier.
- Royal Bank to delist series AT, AV preferreds Aug. 22
Royal Bank of Canada will delist its Series AT and Series AV preferred shares from the TSX at the close on Aug. 22, 2014. The bank will redeem all the outstanding shares on Aug. 24 for $25 each.
- VRX Worldwide pays more finders' fees on placement
VRX Worldwide Inc. has paid more finders' fees on its recent $350,000 private placement. It has issued another 160,000 finder warrants and has paid another $8,000.
- Methanex earns $138.47-million (U.S.) in Q2
Methanex Corp. earned $138.47-million (U.S.) on revenue of $791.31-million (U.S.) in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. This compares with a profit of $65.85-million (U.S.) on revenue of $733.09-million (U.S.) in the same year-ago quarter.
- Dundee Precious Metals loses $79.7-million (U.S.) in Q2
Dundee Precious Metals Inc. lost $79.7-million (U.S.) on revenue of $98-million (U.S.) in the second quarter of 2014. This compares with earnings of $15.9-million (U.S.) on revenue of $80.2-million (U.S.) in the same period last year.
- EMED investor Trafigura buys 202.02 million more shares
EMED Mining Public Ltd. investor Trafigura Beheer BV has bought another 202.02 million EMED shares through private transactions. Trafigura now owns 228.17 million EMED shares, representing 18.18 per cent of the outstanding shares.
- Rosehearty Energy name change from Galahad, rollback
Rosehearty Energy Inc. has rolled back its shares 1:10 and changed its name from Galahad Metals Inc., effective on July 31, 2014.
- Oil Optimization must pay three months interest on bond
Oil Optimization Inc. must pay three months interest at 15 per cent per year on a $1-million (U.S.) performance bond as per the extension of the concession agreement announced on July 28. It is in talks with the Ministry of Energy to settle this payment.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.