No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Roxgold aims to start building its Yaramoko gold mine in Burkina Faso this year. Pan American is still considering Samco Gold's EDM gold property in Argentina. Odin Mining quintuples thanks to a new big-name investor, Ross Beaty.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Lawrence Ho has a new capital pool shell, Maple Peak Investments, which lists Wednesday. James Varanese's Triox Ltd. expects to complete its acquisition of eQube Technology by Friday.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Crew Energy closes its $150-million Princess sale. Bellatrix Exploration arranges a second joint venture with Grafton. Sunshine Oilsands enjoys some insider buying, and a federal court agrees to hear a B.C. band's challenge to Northern Gateway.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
North Arrow Minerals hopes to drill targets at or near Pikoo early next year. Arctic Star Exploration hopes North Arrow also drills Redemption next winter. Great Lakes Graphite has tweaked its Lochaber play. Pacific Wildcat Resources trades again.
- OSC reaches $8-million deal with Ernst & Young
The OSC has reached an $8-million settlement with Ernst & Young LLP for failures stemming from the audits of collapsed Chinese companies Sino-Forest Corp. and Zungui Haixi Corp. The OSC said Ernst failed to exercise professional skepticism.
- Canaccord sued again over Kelowna options program
Canaccord Genuity Corp. is a defendant in another lawsuit arising from a risky options program that two of its former Kelowna employees ran. A group of investors claims to have suffered catastrophic losses when the program failed in 2008.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Reservoir Minerals needs news from Freeport-McMoRan in Serbia. Kalimantan Gold hopes 620 million pounds of Indonesian copper will attract a joint venturer. Continental Precious's Rana Vig had front-row seats for Russell Peters.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Talisman Energy slumps after an analyst downgrade. EnCana buys a producer in the Texas Permian play for $7.1-billion (U.S.), giving little Lynden Energy a boost. Lutfur Khan's Panorama Petroleum plans to buy State Petroleum in Sudan.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Kevin Russell and Randy Clifford's Wise Oakwood Ventures plans to acquire coal assets in South Africa as its QT. Clark Swanson's Pepcap Ventures tweaks the value of its QT target.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 29, 2014
Mountain Province Diamonds is getting its Type A water permit, allowing it to proceed with the Gahcho Kue mine. North Arrow Minerals is processing its Qilalugaq bulk sample. Pele Mountain Resources is cozying up to the Serpent River-area Indians.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Associated Estates Announces Details of Third Quarter 2014 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- MOVE INVESTOR ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigates of the Board of Directors of Move, Inc. in Connection With the Sale of the Company to News Corp. -- MOVE
- Platform Specialty Products Corporation Closes Acquisition of European-Based Agrochemicals Group Agriphar and Syndicated $300 Million Incremental Term Loan B Facility
- Royal Dutch Shell plc: Buyback of Own Shares
- WeatherNation TV Partners With WILX NBC10 and Its 'Weather Authority' Team to Provide Innovative, Accurate, 24/7 Weather Reporting to Lansing/Jackson Viewers in Michigan
- Aetna, Hill Physicians Medical Group and Dignity Health’s Hospitals and Medical Foundation Form Accountable Care Collaboration in Northern California
- Builders FirstSource Completes Acquisition of Trim Tech of Austin
- Progress Acquires BravePoint to Expand Services Offerings and Assist Customers and Partners with Future Business Innovation
- Invesco Closed-End Funds Declare Dividends
- Invesco Closed-End Funds Declare Dividends
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Canbanc Income to buy back up to 1.59 million shares
Canbanc Income Corp. has received TSX approval for a buyback of up to 1.59 million shares. The buyback period will expire on Oct. 2, 2015.
- Minnova faces regulatory delays on PL, tailings storage
Minnova Corp. has received a request from CEAA to submit a project description for the proposed restart of its PL mine, which could delay development work by two years. It also needs to submit a report to Environment Canada to store tailings at the Ragged TDA.
- Dundee increases holding in Xylitol to 27.55%
Dundee Corp. has increased its interest in Xylitol Canada Inc. to 27.55 per cent. It recently acquired four million 25-cent shares in the company.
- Smart Employee arranges $3.5-million in placements
Smart Employee Benefits Inc. has arranged a $1-million private placement of equity units at 50 cents each. It has also arranged a $2.5-million placement of senior term debt. It will use the proceeds for acquisitions and working capital.
- Pure Tech closes acquisition of Hunter McDonnell assets
Pure Technologies Ltd. has completed its acquisition of Hunter McDonnell Pipeline Services Inc.'s pipeline inspection business and assets. It must pay $8-million in cash and shares.
- NXA investor Wildeboer increases holding to 19.9%
NXA Inc. investor Wildeboer Dellelce LLP has increased its holding in the company to 19.9 per cent. It acquired 2.93 million shares in a share-for-debt transaction which closed on Sept. 30, 2014.
- Africa Hydrocarbons begins recompletion of BHN-1 well
Africa Hydrocarbons Inc. has started recompleting its BHN-1 well on the Bouhajla permit in Tunisia. It expects this work to take about two weeks.
- Dunav, Avala shareholders approve merger
Dunav Resources Ltd. and Avala Resources Ltd. shareholders approved the companies' merger on Sept. 30, 2014. The companies expect to close the transaction on Oct. 2, 2014.
- Tango to acquire 51% of African Star companies
Tango Gold Mines Inc. plans to acquire a 51-per-cent interest in the African Star group of companies for 49 million shares. African Star owns the Oena diamond project and holds coal contracts in South Africa.
- KWG, Bold extend deadline for KWG to give option notice
KWG Resources Inc. and Bold Ventures Inc. have extended the deadline for KWG to decide to continue its property option. KWG now has until Oct. 30 to send Bold its binding notice.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.