No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Energy Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration and Rock Energy court investors in Colorado. PanTerra Resource arranges its third acquisition in three months. Securityholders of Arcan Resources reject a complicated rescue offer from Aspenleaf Energy.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Jonathan Awde raises more money for Gold Standard's work in Nevada, where his former boss, Michel David, is struggling. Quaterra options yet another project to Freeport-McMoRan. Gianni Kovacevic returns from summer vacation to close a $1.5-million financing at two cents.
- SEC target Wheeler pleads guilty to tax charges
SEC target Christopher Wheeler has pleaded guilty to criminal tax charges, as expected. Prosecutors claim that he failed to file income taxes for three years in which he made $11.95-million (U.S.).
- Shell Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Simon Yakubowicz's first capital pool shell, Cluny Capital, will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Paul Cox's Adent Capital has conditional approval from the exchange to acquire Proxima Diamonds, a Northwest Territories diamond explorer, as its QT.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Activist investor Orange Capital pushes for change at Bellatrix Exploration. Strategic Oil woos investors in Denver. Leucrotta Exploration begins its life on the TSX-V, and Neil Young and Willie Nelson promote an anti-Keystone concert in a cornfield.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Dominion Diamond has had a sparkling second quarter at Ekati and Diavik. Eagle Plains Resources is hunting gems on a Saskatchewan gold play. Caribou King Resources plans more sampling at Buckingham. Orocobre's Olaroz mine is nearly complete.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
Amarillo Gold arranges a 5,000-ounce gold loan as it continues to await permits. Riverside Resources hires Greg Myers as VP of exploration. Arian Resources looks to part with a majority of Perlat, and new consultant Jim Belushi books an HBO show.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
John O'Sullivan and Don Wright's capital pool shell, Cinaport Acquisition, plans to soon complete its acquisition of Mettrum Ltd., a licensed producer of medical marijuana. Mettrum has already closed a $34.5-million private placement in connection with the QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
Arctic Star Exploration and North Arrow Minerals probably failed to hit kimberlite at Redemption. Talmora Diamond needs a big drill program. It might afford a tiny one. Big North Graphite needs over $2-million to get El Tejon producing graphite.
- Tahoe says B.C. inappropriate venue for protester case
Tahoe Resources Inc. has asked that the B.C. courts dismiss a lawsuit from Guatemalan protesters who claim to have suffered injuries in an incident at the Escobal mine. The company says that the appropriate venue for the lawsuit is Guatemala.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Success Holding Group Int'l Inc. Announces Symbol Change to SHGT
- 58.com Reports Second Quarter 2014 Unaudited Financial Results
- The Shuman Law Firm Investigates GFI Group, Inc.
- Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc. to Participate in Upcoming Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Fortegra Financial Corporation in Connection with the Sale of the Company
- Canyon Exercises Option to Acquire 100% Interest In Moonlight Property and Receives TSX Venture Exchange Acceptance to Option up to 80% of New York Canyon Project
- Northstar completes the first phase of its new retail strategy and prepares to ship reformulated Snorenz with all new packaging
- Hertz Issues Statement
- Macrocure Ltd. Announces Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results Date and Conference Call
- The World Bank Issues a 10-Year Step-Up Callable Green Bond for Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Clients
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- MCM Capital receives conditional approval for QT
MCM Capital One Inc. has received conditional approval from the TSX-V for its qualifying transaction. The company has filed a filing statement for the transaction, which it expects to close on Sept. 2, 2014, on SEDAR.
- PJX Resources warrants amended
PJX Resources Inc. has received TSX-V approval to extend 8,939,500 warrants by one year to Sept. 25, 2015. It has also repriced 6,319,500 warrants to 20 cents per share, from 25 cents.
- Peruvian Precious debenture private placement
Peruvian Precious Metals Corp. has received TSX-V approval for an $800,000 (U.S.) convertible debenture private placement. One placee is subscribing.
- Pelangio Exploration 15-million-share private placement
Pelangio Exploration Inc. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 15 million shares at four cents. Twenty placees are subscribing.
- Guyana Frontier directors Gillis, Iadarola resign
Guyana Frontier Mining Corp. directors James Gillis and Osvaldo Iadarola have resigned.
- Tuckamore Capital swallows poison pill
Tuckamore Capital Management Inc. has adopted a new shareholder rights plan. The company will seek shareholder approval for the plan at its Sept. 16, 2014, annual meeting.
- NV Gold 876,666-share private placement
NV Gold Corp. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 876,666 shares at 15 cents. Three placees are subscribing.
- Atacama releases NI 43-101 Cerro Maricunga PFS
Atacama Pacific Gold Corp. has released an NI 43-101 prefeasibility study for its Cerro Maricunga project in Chile. It estimated 2.96 million recoverable gold ounces over a 13-year mine life. The project has a $409.3-million (U.S.) net present value.
- Canyon Copper to acquire 100% of Moonlight
Canyon Copper Corp. has exercised an option to acquire a 100-per-cent interest in the Moonlight property in California. It has also received the initial payments under its option deal with Falcon Gold for the New York Canyon property.
- VersaPay appoints Mesher as chairman
VersaPay Corp. has appointed Art Mesher as chairman of the board. Mr. Mesher is replacing Jason Gurandiano, who is resigning effective on Aug. 20, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.