No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- IGM's Investors Group sued by body massage tenant
IGM Financial Inc.'s Investors Group is a defendant in a landlord-tenant lawsuit over body massages. A Coquitlam business complains that Investors Group, as its landlord, has unfairly prevented or restricted massages at its premises for years.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Lachlan Star is trying to raise $5-million from Peter Babin, a former director. AuRico Gold hopes it can still build a $500-million gold mine north of Smithers, B.C. Sheldon Inwentash's Pinetree Capital continues to dump stock in low-priced juniors.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Black Sparrow will ask shareholders at a Dec. 1 meeting to approve a rollback so it can acquire Aphria Inc., a medical marijuana company that hopes to soon have a production licence. Health Canada will visit Aphria's greenhouses within two weeks for a final inspection.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Athabasca Oil faces an Ebola scare, but all is well. Buying Crew Energy is a "no brainer," says Barron's. Perpetual Energy sells non-core oil assets in Alberta, and LGX Oil continues to battle the government over a bird protection order.
- IIROC imposes $20,000 fine on Research ex Ahrens
IIROC has imposed $20,000 in fines and a four-week suspension on Justin Ahrens, a former Research Capital Corp. branch manager. The regulator said he ignored red flags in accounts associated with Thal Poonian.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 28. 2014
Prima Diamond is still seeking cash to explore Munn Lake and other diamond properties. Genius Properties has a muddled focus. Alphamin Resources has hit more high-grade tin at Bisie. Alberta Star Development will chase rare earths in Northern Saskatchewan.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 27, 2014
Goldman Sachs slashes its oil price forecasts for 2015. Bankers Petroleum investors worry about Brent's decline. TransGlobe Energy hits its lowest level since March, 2010, and Niko Resources unloads assets in Indonesia.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- MHI to Change Name of Group Company in Singapore
- Oculus Innovative Sciences Receives European CE Mark for New Microcyn(R)-Based Atopic Dermatitis Hydrogel
- Manulife to Release Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- Modine Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
- Powa Technologies and Ingram Micro Sign North American Distribution Deal
- BorgWarner Reports Third Quarter 2014 U.S. GAAP Net Earnings Of $0.73 Per Diluted Share, Or $0.79 Per Diluted Share Excluding Non-Comparable Items
- Oculus Innovative Sciences Announces Fiscal Second Quarter 2015 Financial Results and Conference Call
- KBR Partnership Awarded FEED Contract for Tangguh LNG Expansion Project
- Zimmer Announces Executive Leadership Team and New Name of Combined Company Following Closing
- NCI Announces $11 Million in TEIS III Task Orders
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Goldcorp loses $44-million (U.S.) in fiscal Q3 2014
Goldcorp Inc. lost $44-million (U.S.) on revenue of $859-million (U.S.) in fiscal Q3 2014. The company earned $5-million (U.S.) on revenue of $895-million (U.S.) during the same period last year.
- 49 North Resources closes $1.06-million rights offering
49 North Resources Inc. has closed a rights offering to raise $1.06-million. The company issued 3.53 million units on the exercise of 10.9 million rights. The company will use the money for its subsidiary Allstar Energy Ltd.'s oil and gas properties.
- Neptune Technologies receives TSX nod for issuer bid
Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. has received TSX approval for its 1.5-million-share normal course issuer bid. The bid will begin on Nov. 3, 2014, and end on Nov. 2, 2015.
- TransAlta loses $6-million in Q3
TransAlta Corp. lost $6-million on revenue of $639-million in the third quarter of 2014. This compares with a loss of $9-million on revenue of $623-million in Q3 2013.
- Ackroo licenses products to Everlink
Ackroo Inc. has licensed its products to Everlink Payment Services Inc.
- Globe says Horizon North cut to "hold" from "buy"
- Conifex expects Mackenzie to start in late Q1 2015
Conifex Timber Inc. expects to get its Mackenzie power project working again in the later part of the first quarter of 2015. The company expects its partner's insurance will cover the extra costs incurred during the delay.
- Globe says CN ups train count as CP goes for efficiency
- Purpose Best Ideas to start trading on TSX today
Purpose Best Ideas Fund will start trading on the TSX today.
- Globe says Lumenpulse possibly just a flash in the pan
Click here for more Canadian headlines.