No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for July 24, 2014
James Varanese's Triox Ltd. plans to acquire eQube Technology and Software, an Edmonton bingo company, as its QT. Catalyst Gaming, a Hong Kong company associated with Mr. Varanese, will arrange a $1.5-million private placement for the target and help it find new business.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 24, 2014
Delrand Resources is looking for new projects but still promises Congo drilling. Shore Gold is still looking for financing for its Star-Orion South diamond mine. Search Minerals thinks it can cut costs at Foxtrot.
- Gold Summary for July 24, 2014
Sacre-Coeur Minerals needs to close a $12-million debt financing immediately. Sandspring Resources is closer to building a mine in Guyana. Phoenix Gold increases its promotion with Mark Chadwick, and Vancouver brokers love a deal.
- BCSC fines Brenner $30,000, bans him for two years
The BCSC has banned Walter Brenner for two years and fined him $30,000 for lying to commission investigators. He repeatedly concealed his interest in an account he controlled through a Liechtenstein trust.
- Gold Summary for July 23, 2014
Gold Reserve hopes for a $1-billion final arbitration decision. IDM Mining says a mine at Red Mountain would cost only $76-million. Moag Copper and Highbank argue over $4-million in shares, and Galantas seems set in its old Irish ways.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 23, 2014
Pangolin Diamonds has found a small macrodiamond in a Malatswae soil sample. Arctic Star Exploration is seeking new projects while its partner drills for Redemption diamonds. Globex Mining Enterprises wants to drill for rare earths or diamonds in Northern Quebec.
- BCSC cites Dowlati, embarrasses community newspaper
The BCSC has filed a case against Noshad Dowlati, the operator of an investing blog, for defrauding an investor. The action must be somewhat embarrassing for a reporter of 22 years who provided some very flattering coverage to Mr. Dowlati in 2012.
- Canaccord responds to analyst who quit after low bonus
Canaccord Genuity Corp. denies that it owes anything to Juan Plessis, a former research analyst who quit after receiving a lower-than-expected bonus of $75,000. Mr. Plessis's bonus was in line with his poor performance, Canaccord says.
- Shell Summary for July 22, 2014
Matthew Watson's capital pool shell, Way Ventures, plans to close its acquisition of UGE Holdings by next week. The target, managed by Nick Blitterswyk, sells wind turbines.
- Gold Summary for July 22, 2014
Newmont and Freeport continue to butt heads with Indonesia. Barisan Gold happily drills with no trouble at its Upper Tengkereng property, while its former parent, East Asia, is running out of money. Buccaneer plans to spin out its gold properties.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- IIROC Trade Halt - Tuckamore Capital Management Inc.
- Rockwell Medical Schedules 2nd Quarter 2014 Investor Conference Call
- NioGold Mining Announces $4.9 Million Financing with Osisko Gold Royalties
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Investors of Class Action Against Annie’s, Inc. and Its Board of Directors and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of August 11, 2014
- NextEra Energy announces appointment of Naren Gursahaney to Board of Directors
- Kellogg Company Declares Regular Dividend of $0.49 Per Share
- Sheri H. Edison Named to AK Steel's Board of Directors
- Cerro Negro Achieves First Gold Production
- UPCOMING DEADLINE: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Reminds Investors of Class Action Against China Ceramics Co., Ltd. and Its Board of Directors and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of August 5, 2014 -- CCCL
- C&F Financial Corporation Announces Second Quarter Net Income
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Tuckamore Capital Management halted at 10:30 a.m. PT
Tuckamore Capital Management Inc. has been halted at 10:30 a.m. PT on July 25, 2014, pending news.
- Osisko Gold to acquire 14 million Niogold shares
Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. has signed an LOI to acquire 14 million flow-through shares of Niogold Mining Corp. at 35 cents each. Osisko will also acquire the right to repurchase royalties held by Niogold on its Marban and Malartic-Hygrade blocks.
- Goldcorp produces first gold at Cerro Negro
Goldcorp Inc. poured the first gold dore bar at the Cerro Negro mine in Argentina. It weighed about 100 kg and contained roughly 317 ounces Au. The company expects to begin commercial production by year-end.
- Kerr files articles of amendment for 1:15 rollback
Kerr Mines Inc. has filed articles of amendment for its 1-for-15 rollback of shares. It expects its postconsolidated shares will begin trading on the TSX on July 30.
- Minnova extends note maturity date to March, 2015
Minnova Corp. has extended the maturity date of its outstanding promissory notes to March 31, 2015.
- Gold Reach Resources swallows poison pill
Gold Reach Resources Ltd. has adopted a shareholder rights plan. The company says this is not in response to any takeover offers or to prevent a bid.
- InnVest debentureholders approve Series G changes
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust's Series G debentureholders have approved increasing the debenture interest to 6.25 per cent from 5.75 per cent. They have also approved increasing the debenture conversion price to $7.50 per unit from $5.80.
- SNC-Lavalin names Rivard infrastructure engineering EVP
SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. has appointed Marc Rivard as EVP of infrastructure engineering. Mr. Rivard has worked for WSP and Stantec. He has a BSc in electrical engineering.
- Strike Graphite arranges $200,000 private placement
Strike Graphite Corp. has arranged a $200,000 private placement of 3.33 million units at six cents. Each unit consists of one share and one-half of one warrant. The company will use the proceeds to evaluate its properties, and for working capital.
- Oceanus Resources closes $2.8-million placement
Oceanus Resources Corp. has closed its $2.8-million private placement of eight million 35-cent shares. It will use the proceeds for exploration of its La Lajita property in Mexico.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.