No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
The Tsilhqot'in continue to stir up trouble for Russell Hallbauer and Taseko. Nulegacy Gold has $3.5-million, which it hopes to use enticing Barrick into a back-in. David Hutchins tries to calm GRIT investors, and Orefinders awaits results from Ontario exploration.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Gregory Hewitt's 71 Capital plans to acquire Brightstar Seniors Living, which plans to build a senior housing project near Toronto, as its QT. This is Mr. Hewitt's fifth attempt to close a QT for his five-year-old shell.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Surge Energy's Paul Colborne claims he could double the company's dividend from just one asset. Crew Energy talks up the B.C. Montney, where the LNG industry continues to take shape. Canamax Energy enjoys a boost from a neighbour in Alberta.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 21, 2014
Adent Capital has moved closer to becoming Proxima Diamonds. Dominion Diamond has a plan to compensate for dwindling reserves at Ekati. Vanadiumcorp Resource has topped its private placement target. International Lithium plans drilling.
- Silvercorp sued over unlawful detention in China
Silvercorp Metals Inc. is a defendant in a lawsuit filed by Kun Huang, a former employee of short-seller Jon Carnes. The suit complains that Silvercorp had Mr. Huang unlawfully detained in China for three years.
- SEC loses motion for default against Amyot, for now
SEC target Jean-Francois Amyot has avoided a default judgment of up to $12.2-million (U.S.) in the Spencer Pharmaceuticals Inc. pump-and-dump case, at least for now. The SEC had sought the sanction after Mr. Amyot went "on strike" in the case.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 20, 20141
Mountain Province Diamonds is working on a new resource estimate for Tuzo. Kennady Diamonds and North Arrow Minerals are processing bulk samples. Commerce Resources is working to cut expenses at its proposed Ashram rare earth mine in Quebec.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Sean Caulfeild's Maestro Capital will list on the TSX-V Thursday, making it the 10th capital pool shell to list this year. Ron Schmeichel has filed a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Mira IV Acquisition, and he is now in the process of selling a $1-million IPO.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration and Rock Energy court investors in Colorado. PanTerra Resource arranges its third acquisition in three months. Securityholders of Arcan Resources reject a complicated rescue offer from Aspenleaf Energy.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Jonathan Awde raises more money for Gold Standard's work in Nevada, where his former boss, Michel David, is struggling. Quaterra options yet another project to Freeport-McMoRan. Gianni Kovacevic returns from summer vacation to close a $1.5-million financing at two cents.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Hitachi to Provide Support for the Recovery from the Earthquake in Yunnan Province, China
- Mylan Launches First Generic Klor-Con® Extended-Release Tablets
- Goldgroup Closes Second and Final Tranche of Unit Financing
- Cubist Announces EMA Acceptance of Ceftolozane/Tazobactam Marketing Authorization Application for Review
- ANN INC. Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Bankers Life Increases Alzheimer's Association Support to $436,000
- DISH CFO Robert Olson to Retire from DISH Oct. 15
- NeoGenomics Announces Closing of Recent Equity Offering and Exercise in Full of Underwriters' Over-Allotment Option
- Lenovo’s Fantasy Football Mockumentary Tough Season 2 Premiers Today on Lenovo.com
- Lands' End Announces Earnings Release Date for Second Quarter of Fiscal 2014 Financial Results
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Mood to provide live feed of sporting event for client
Media Corp. will provide a live feed of a Colorado bike race for its client FirstBank. The bank is a corporate sponsor of the race.
- Goldgroup closes $384,422 final tranche of placement
Goldgroup Mining Inc. has closed the $384,422 second and final tranche of its private placement. It will use the proceeds for general working capital.
- Argonaut releases 43-101 resource estimate for Agustin
Argonaut Gold Inc. has released an NI 43-101 resource estimate for its San Agustin project in Mexico estimating an indicated resource of 845,000 Au ounces and 28,263,000 Ag ounces. It will continue phase 2 drilling at the property.
- Kaizen receives $4-million from Itochu for Aspen Grove
Kaizen Discovery Inc. has received $4-million in financing from Itochu Corp. of Japan for its Aspen Grove project in B.C. In September, 2014, the companies plan to start a two-year exploration campaign at the project.
- Hawk Exploration earns $334,000 in Q2
Hawk Exploration Ltd. earned $334,000 on sales of $4.97-million in the second quarter of 2014. This compares with earnings of $332,000 on sales of $3.89-million in Q2 2013.
- Canacol's Pantro 2 encounters 26 feet of oil pay
Canacol Energy Ltd.'s Pantro 2 exploration well in the Llanos basin has encountered 26 feet of oil pay in the C7 reservoir and will be left on long-term production testing. It has finished drilling the Pointer 1 well and will test it within the next week.
- Pure Gold starts drilling at Madsen
Pure Gold Mining Inc. has started drilling at its Madsen project in Ontario. Initial drilling will target near-surface step-pout drilling near the high-grade mineralization along the Madsen mind trend.
- Globe says Smedley sees NeuLion standing out from crowd
- SNC-Lavalin closes Kentz acquisition
SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. has closed its acquisition of Kentz
Corp. Ltd. The company's oil and gas business will be integrated into Kentz's
- Royal Bank increases quarterly dividend to 75 cents
Royal Bank of Canada has increased its quarterly dividend to 75 cents per share. The dividend is payable on Nov. 24, 2014, to shareholders of record on Oct. 27, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.