No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for March 5, 2015
Harry Chew's Bi-Optic Ventures appoints William Gildea, a co-founder of TerraSphere, as its CEO. Identillect Inc., which plans to go public through Emprise Capital's Quentin Ventures, receives praise for its service from Law Practice Magazine.
- Gold Summary for March 5, 2015
New royalty company Altius Minerals offers $106-million for Callinan Royalties. Meadow Bay has its busiest day in three years as the company is about to begin drilling in Nevada, and Desert Star awaits permits to begin drilling in Arizona.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 5, 2015
Mountain Province Diamonds has a new microdiamond haul from Tuzo. Gem International Resources is raising cash to seek new prospects. Zenyatta Ventures has a government grant for its graphite flow sheet. Canada Carbon wants to get new permits for an old mill.
- IIROC bans and fines Steer over Spongetech selling
IIROC has imposed $156,000 in sanctions and a permanent ban on former Canaccord Genuity Corp. employee Douglas Steer. The regulator said he facilitated sales in OTC-BB listing Spongetech Delivery Systems Inc. that "reeked of impropriety and illegality."
- Energy Summary for March 5, 2015
Canadian Natural Resources hikes its dividend, commanding attention. EnCana plans to raise $1.25-billion. Painted Pony delays its five-year plan by a year, and Iona Energy sinks after warning of more Huntington delays and a looming debt breach.
- SEC halts Spriza, questions disclosure
The SEC has halted Spriza Inc., a Calgary company that went to $2 (U.S.) while claiming to be the "Google search engine" of contests. The regulator cites questions about Spriza's relationships, which include purported deals with the NFL and others.
- Gold Summary for March 4, 2015
Klondex Mines drops as insiders sell. Codrington Resource celebrates its first-ever gold production. Stan Bharti resumes his annual PDAC conference tradition: a party at the Pravda Vodka House.
- Shell Summary for March 4, 2015
Geoff Balderson's Aim Explorations pushes back the deadline for acquiring Heart Force Medical to April 30. Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III lowers the price of shares in a $1.6-million financing to 25 cents as it attempts to acquire Solegear Bioplastics as its QT.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 4, 2015
Pangolin Diamonds is excited by diamonds turning up in its soil samples. Diamond Fields International has reappointed Ian Ransome to its board. Ucore Rare Metals will pay a licence fee for rare earth metals recovery technology. Sabre Graphite has a new fantasy play.
- Energy Summary for March 4, 2015
Cenovus Energy raises $1.5-billion. Pacific Rubiales and Ecopetrol may receive a much-needed permit in Colombia next week. Blackbird Energy tests its first two Elmworth Montney wells, and the U.S. Senate fails to override the President's Keystone XL veto.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- UPCOMING DEADLINE: The Law Offices of Vincent Wong Notify Investors of Class Action Involving Five Below, Inc. and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of March 10, 2015
- Macquarie Provides Unitranche Financing to Support Acquisition of Logibec by GI Partners
- SEDAR MD & A
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Brower Piven Commences An Investigation Into The Proposed Sale Of Globe Specialty Metals, Inc. And Encourages Investors To Contact The Firm For Additional Information
- SEDAR Interim Financial Statements
- Southwest Airlines Proudly Celebrates Women's History Month
- Chimerix to Present at the Barclays Global Healthcare Conference
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Notifies Shareholders of AKORN, INC. of PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION Lawsuit and a Lead Plaintiff DEADLINE of May 4, 2015 -- AKRX
- Mon Power Winter Storm Update
- Robbins Arroyo LLP: Akorn, Inc. (AKRX) Misled Shareholders According to a Recently Filed Class Action
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Cdn Resources unitholders approve extenstion to 2020
Canadian Resources Income Trust unitholders approved the extension of the trust's termination date to March 31, 2020. They also approved the creation of special retraction rights and portfolio adjustment rules.
- Sparta Capital shareholders elect four directors
Sparta Capital Ltd. shareholders have elected Peter Quattrociocchi, Tom Brown, John O'Bireck and Martin Marshall as directors. The company has closed a $633,200 first tranche of its private placement of five-cent units.
- Agellan Commercial appoints Messina as trustee
Agellan Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust has appointed Anthony Messina as an independent trustee. The trust has appointed Richard Dansereau as chair of the board of trustees.
- AgJunction to release 2014 results March 16
AgJunction Inc. will release its financial results for 2014 on Monday, March 16. It will hold a conference call on the following day at 11 a.m. ET to discuss the results.
- Valencia Ventures halted at 11:26 a.m. PT
Valencia Ventures Inc. has been halted at 11:26 a.m. PT on March 6, 2015, at the request of the company, pending news.
- Cdn Resources gets OK for extension, files prospectus
Canadian Resources Income Trust has received unitholder approval to extend the trust to March 31, 2020. It has filed a preliminary prospectus for a public offering of units.
- Vodis arranges $500,000 private placement
Vodis Pharmaceuticals Inc. has arranged a $500,000 private placement of five million shares at 10 cents each. It will use the proceeds to expand into Washington and for working capital.
- Portofino Resources appoints Dake as director
Portofino Resources Inc. has appointed Michael Dake as director, replacing Gerald Carlson, who has resigned.
- Bravura Ventures completes 1:5 rollback, financing
Bravura Ventures Corp. has completed a 1:5 share rollback, effective March 5, 2015, and completed a $100,000 private placement. The record date and effective date of the company's proposed plan of arrangement will be March 11, 2015.
- Windfire to downgrade to NEX; director Stock resigns
Windfire Capital Corp. will downgrade to the NEX from the TSX-V because it is unable to meet the exchange's continued listing requirements. Separately, director Garry Stock has resigned.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.