No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Mega Precious hopes Lake Shore's Tony Makuch can help develop Monument Bay in Manitoba. Barkerville Gold receives another loan extension from Eric Sprott, and Coronet Metals hopes to have finally found some help for its suspended Liberty toll mill.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's WB III Acquisition plans to acquire TicToc, the developer of a messaging and photo-sharing app called Frankly, as its QT. Wildeboer Dellelce, a Bay Street law firm, increases its position in NXA Inc., an NEX shell.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Lightstream Resources sells $378-million of assets to Crescent Point, but investors are still worried about its finances. Iona Energy loses more than half its value following more production outages at Huntington. Argent Energy puts itself on the block.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Mountain Province is selling $100-million of stock to cover construction costs at Gahcho Kue. Its sister, Kennady Diamonds, has raised $5-million for Kennady North. Star Minerals Group is working on a Hoidas Lake dream sheet.
- SEC charges Toronto man for Herbalife short position
The SEC has filed an insider trading case against a research analyst from Toronto who acquired a short position in Herbalife Ltd. in 2012. He bought a put option the day before hedge fund manager Bill Ackman called the company an illegal pyramid scheme.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Roxgold aims to start building its Yaramoko gold mine in Burkina Faso this year. Pan American is still considering Samco Gold's EDM gold property in Argentina. Odin Mining quintuples thanks to a new big-name investor, Ross Beaty.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Lawrence Ho has a new capital pool shell, Maple Peak Investments, which lists Wednesday. James Varanese's Triox Ltd. expects to complete its acquisition of eQube Technology by Friday.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Crew Energy closes its $150-million Princess sale. Bellatrix Exploration arranges a second joint venture with Grafton. Sunshine Oilsands enjoys some insider buying, and a federal court agrees to hear a B.C. band's challenge to Northern Gateway.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
North Arrow Minerals hopes to drill targets at or near Pikoo early next year. Arctic Star Exploration hopes North Arrow also drills Redemption next winter. Great Lakes Graphite has tweaked its Lochaber play. Pacific Wildcat Resources trades again.
- OSC reaches $8-million deal with Ernst & Young
The OSC has reached an $8-million settlement with Ernst & Young LLP for failures stemming from the audits of collapsed Chinese companies Sino-Forest Corp. and Zungui Haixi Corp. The OSC said Ernst failed to exercise professional skepticism.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Sungy Mobile Announces Strategic Investment in MobileWoo
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month message from Experian Data Breach Resolution: prepare and practice your data breach response plan
- SurePayroll Survey Finds Small Business Owners Immersed in Mobile: 80% Leveraging Mobile Technology for Work
- Sears Holdings Corporation Provides Update on actions to generate liquidity, fund its transformation and evolve its capital structure
- DraftTeam Announces Membership Growth Update
- China Yuchai International Announces Divestment of Interest in Passenger Vehicle Joint Venture
- UPCOMING DEADLINE ALERT: Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $100,000 From Investment in Yelp, Inc. to Contact Brower Piven Before the October 6, 2014 Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Class Action Lawsuit -- YELP
- EXCO Resources, Inc. Schedules Earnings Release and Conference Call and Provides Update on Commodity Derivatives
- TripAdvisor Study Reveals Higher Traveler Interest in Restaurants That Post Photos and Respond to Reviews
- PhoneSuite Solutions, Inc. Announces the Selection of Response Logic, Inc. for its Lead Generation Campaign
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Sears shareholder Sears Holdings plans rights offering
Sears Canada Corp.'s shareholder Sears Holdings Corp. plans a rights offering of up to 40 million shares of Sears Canada. Each right will allow the holder to buy a share in Sears Canada at $10.60 per share.
- Canacol produces 13,256 boe/d in quarter to Sept. 30
Canacol Production Ltd. produced 13,256 boe/d in the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2014. The company expects to produce between 13,000 and 14,000 boe/d in calendar 2014. Drilling at the company's Labrador 6 well has ended.
- AgJunction client Claas to use Pilot in its hardware
AgJunction Inc.'s customer Claas E-Systems plans to start installing AgJunction's GPS Pilot on its Claas S7 and S10 terminals in the fourth quarter. The GPS Pilot provides autosteering functions for the Claas products.
- Sterling Resources tests Breagh A08 at 44 mmcf/d gas
Sterling Resources Ltd. has tested its Breagh well A08 at 44 million cubic feet of gas per day. The company will now move the Ensco 70 rig to its Crosgan appraisal location in block 42/15, northeast of Breagh.
- Newlox shareholders re-elect board at AGM
Newlox Gold Ventures Corp. shareholders re-elected its board of directors at the AGM on Sept. 30.
- Pennine drills out cement, bridge plug at Castor 2-22
Pennine Petroleum Corp. has drilled out the cement and bridge plug in the wellbore of its Castor 2-22 well. It plans to reperforate and test the well for natural gas.
- Oroco closes debt assignment, receives Goldgroup shares
Oroco Resource Corp. has closed its debt assignment agreement announced on Sept. 22. It assigned to Goldgroup the rights to refunds received by Minas de Oroco Resources of value-added tax paid in 2008 to 2012. Oroco received 1.2 million Goldgroup shares.
- Legend Power grants options to buy 1.51 million shares
Legend Power Systems Inc. has granted options to buy 1.51 million shares to employees, directors and officers. The options are exercisable at 55 cents per share for five years.
- Maple Peak closes $300,000 IPO, trading resumes Oct. 3
Maple Peak Investments Inc. has closed its IPO for $300,000, issuing three million shares at 10 cents each. Its shares will resume trading on Oct. 3. Also, it issued 52 million shares prior to the IPO, and has granted options to buy 5.5 million shares.
- Sanatana completes private placement for $300,000
Sanatana Resources Inc. has completed its private placement for $300,000. It issued 2.5 million units at 12 cents each, further to the closing announced on Sept. 23, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.