No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- TransCanada foes just "arm" of billionaire U.S. backers
The U.S. "Billionaire's Club" funnels money to green groups that pretend to be mom-and-pop outfits, says a report by Republican Senators. The groups disguise propaganda as science to win an unknowing public's support for the billionaires' political aims.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
George Durst's NEX shell, Saratoga Electronic Solutions, plans to acquire Abba Medix and then resume trading on the CSE. The target is another hopeful medical marijuana company.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
Activist Orange Capital buys more shares of Bellatrix Exploration. Successful proxy-fight lawyer Walied Soliman, Orange's counsel, also owns Bellatrix shares. Ivanhoe Energy loses its CFO to Kallisto Energy, which soars on news of a trendy reorganization.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has thick kimberlite hits at the north end of the Kelvin kimberlite. Copper Reef Mining is uncharacteristically quiet if it is indeed working near Pikoo. RB Energy has no fatal flaws at its Quebec Lithium mine but it is in intensive care nonetheless.
- TransCanada opponents not as poor as they pretend
An elite group of U.S. billionaires secretly controls the far-left green movement, including the EPA, says a report by Republican Senators. The billionaires exploit the tax code to funnel money to green groups, using charity to make their political ends.
- SEC targets Arella, Morrice accept five-year bans
The SEC has settled civil pump-and-dump charges against Maximillien Arella and Ian Morrice, co-defendants in the regulator's case against Jean-Francois Amyot. The men have agreed to five-year bans and $50,000 (U.S.) fines.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 12, 2014
Leucrotta Exploration expands in the B.C. Montney. Painted Pony Petroleum apparently brings on an analyst as its new IR man. Tuscany Energy makes an unexpected oil discovery at its Macklin project.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 12, 2014
Metalex Ventures is seeking drill permits for its Wemindji gem play. Olivut Resources says its slow pace at HOAM is good for shareholders. Graphite One Resources is closing a larger placement than planned. Colt Resources is dropping the Middle East for Portugal.
- Viosolar's Walchuk bemoans delays, prison conditions
Viosolar Inc.'s Rick Walchuk has asked that a judge dismiss broker bribery charges he faces in the U.S. He complains about substantial delays and about having to endure 102 days in an "inhumane" Greek prison.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 11, 2014
Harley Sinclair's Anergy Capital plans to acquire Newfoundland sonar technology company, Kraken Sonar Systems, as its QT. Scott Ackerman's TMT Resources was a busy trader.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Phibro Animal Health Corporation Reports Fourth Quarter and Annual Results
- TE Connectivity Named to Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the Third Consecutive Year
- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Investigation of Bankrate, Inc.
- ESB Financial Corporation Announces Cash Dividend
- Continental Merchandisers to Represent the Thermal-Aid Zoo
- PennantPark Investment Corporation Prices Public Offering of $250 Million 4.50% Notes Due 2019
- Edison International Appoints New Leaders at Subsidiaries
- American Financial Group, Inc. Announces the Pricing of $150 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of Subordinated Debentures Due 2054
- Werner Enterprises Honors Drivers and Hosts Live Radio Remote
- SDG&E's Residential Rate Reform Proposal Seeks Fairness For All
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- TransForce arranges six-million-share buyback
TransForce Inc. has arranged a six-million-share buyback for Sept. 19, 2014, to Sept. 18, 2015. The company bought back 1.3 million share under the buyback program which expired Aug. 1, 2014.
- Veresen to redeem all Series C debentures Oct. 20
Veresen Inc. plans to redeem all its 5.75-per-cent Series C convertible debentures due July 31, 2017, on Oct. 20, 2014. Holders will receive $12.60 in interest per $1,000 of principal. Veresen has $84.32-million of principal on these debentures.
- Revive Therapeutics loses $1.25-million in fiscal 2014
Revive Therapeutics Ltd. lost $1.25-million in fiscal 2014 ended June 30 compared with a loss of $177,275 for fiscal 2013. The company had cash and cash equivalents of $1.18-million at year-end.
- Inv Reporter says buy Torstar
- Artis REIT to pay quarterly distributions Sept. 30
Artis Real Estate Investment Trust has declared quarterly distributions to Series A, Series C and Series E preferred unitholders of record on Sept. 30, 2014. The payment date is Sept. 30, 2014.
- Grenville Strategic closes royalty deal with Lattice
Grenville Strategic Royalty Corp. has closed a royalty deal with Lattice. Grenville Strategic will receive a 1- to 4-per-cent royalty on Lattice sales for a $2-million (U.S.) loan. Grenville Strategic has appointed Catherine McLeod-Seltzer lead director.
- Response appoints Holler interim CEO, Kinnaird COO
Response Biomedical Corp. has appointed director, Dr. Anthony Holler, as interim CEO to replace Jeffrey Purvin, who has resigned as president, CEO and a director. The company has also promoted Dr. Barbara Kinnaird to COO from vice-president.
- Artis REIT to pay nine-cent cash distribution
Artis Real Estate Investment Trust has declared a cash distribution of nine cents a unit for September, 2014. The cash distributions will be made on Oct. 15 to unitholders of record on Sept. 30.
- Amica Mature to release Q1 results Oct. 14
Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc. will release its first quarter results on Oct. 14, 2014. The company will hold a conference call on the same day.
- Regal Lifestyle to pay 5.83-cent dividend Oct. 15
Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc. will pay a September dividend of 5.83 cents a share on Oct. 15. The dividend is payable to shareholders of record on Sept. 30.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.