No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's new capital pool shell, Mira VI Acquisition, will list on the TSX-V Thursday. Michael Davidson's Friday Capital plans to launch Brooks Bergreen's Hitcase as its QT, and Paul Rosen's PharmaCan Capital, a medical marijuana investment company, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Coeur Mining to merge with Paramount Gold in an all-share deal valued at $146-million. Fortuna Silver climbs on news of a mine expansion in Mexico. Atico Mining has a better-than-expected first year of production in Chile, and Mirasol aims to lower its burn rate.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Penn West and Bonavista Energy cut their dividends; Whitecap Resources does not. Pacific Rubiales sells more assets to International Finance Corp. Spyglass Resources suspends its dividend and sells an asset to the newly Canada-focused Eagle Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has extended its Kelvin kimberlite. Canterra Minerals has encouraging till samples on its new diamond projects. Mason Graphite has expanded its graphite resource at Lac Gueret. Niocorp Developments has a potential off-take partner for Elk Creek.
- SEC suspends American Heritage International
The SEC has halted American Heritage International Inc., an Alberta-linked OTC-BB listing promoting electronic cigarettes. The SEC cites potential manipulative activity in the stock, which went to a $1.62 (U.S.) high in March.
- Viosolar defendant Winsor pleads guilty
Viosolar Inc. defendant Caroline Winsor, aka Caroline Danforth, has pleaded guilty to broker bribery charges in Pennsylvania. Prosecutors claim she and another Canadian agreed to pay a 20-per-cent kickback on purchases of two pink sheets listings.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Stornoway Diamond is on schedule and budget with construction at Renard. Mountain Province Diamonds has another impact benefits agreement for Gahcho Kue. Zenyatta Ventures fell hard after it suggested investors should not soon expect its Albany dream sheet.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Barkerville Gold appoints Trelawney's Greg Gibson and Lake Shore's Tony Makuch as directors. Helio Resources has $3-million in working capital to drill for gold in Tanzania. Mandalay Resources has $15-million and gold mines in Chile, Australia and Sweden.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Talisman Energy accepts a $9.33-a-share cash offer from Repsol. Lightstream Resources and Long Run Exploration slash their dividends, while TORC Oil defends its dividend's safety. EnCana bucks the trend and boosts its budget for 2015.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Marc Cernovitch's Valor Ventures will roll back 1:5 and then sell a private placement of 22 million shares at five cents. Harry Chew's Bi-Optic Ventures closes a $500,000 private placement and Peter Hughes's BHK Resources still plans to acquire a manganese property in Gabon.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Goes Public, Raises $12.2 Million
- First Marblehead Announces the IRS Is Withdrawing Its Proposed Adjustments
- Monarch Bank Awarded Best Places to Work in Virginia for Second Year
- Bank of South Carolina Corporation Declares Dividend
- CLARCOR Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
- 5 Ways the United Airlines Mobile App is Your Best Holiday Travel Companion
- Envestnet, Inc. Announces Exercise of Over-Allotment Option and Issuance of Additional Convertible Notes
- Synchrony Financial to Award $100,000 Through Engage with Car Pros Campaign
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of ACMAT Corporation and ACSTAR Insurance Company
- Putnam Announces Dividend Rates for Class A Open-End Funds
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Dividend Growth et al. to pay distributions Jan. 15
Dividend Growth Split Corp. and other Brompton funds will pay distributions on Jan. 15, 2015. The distributions are payable to shareholders of record on Dec. 31, 2014.
- VMS, Hudbay's Reed produces 40,885 t ore in November
VMS Ventures Inc. and Hudbay Minerals Inc. produced 40,885 tonnes ore at their Reed mine in November. They advanced mine development by 254 m in October.
- Lingo Media appoints Helmy as director
Lingo Media Corp. is appointing Hassan Helmy as a director. Mr. Helmy is group CFO and executive director of Global Telecom Holding SAE. He replaces Mohamed El Ammawy as Global Telecom Holdings' nominee to Lingo's board.
- Affinor closes LOI for agricultural JV
Affinor Growers Inc. has closed its LOI with North Country Natural Solutions LLC and Iroquois Consulting Group LLC. The LOI is for a $500,000 sublicensing deal and 5-per-cent royalty on the net sales of food production.
- Timbercreek Global to pay 21-cent distribution Jan. 15
Timbercreek Global Real Estate Fund will pay a 21-cent quarterly distribution on Jan. 15, 2015. The distribution is payable to Class A and Class B unitholders of record on Dec. 31, 2014.
- Timbercreek Mortgage to pay six-cent dividend Jan. 15
Timbercreek Mortgage Investment Corp. will pay a December dividend of six cents a share on Jan. 15, 2015. The dividend is payable to shareholders of record on Dec. 31, 2014.
- Timbercreek Senior to pay five-cent dividend Jan. 15
Timbercreek Senior Mortgage Investment Corp. will pay a monthly dividend of 15 cents a share on Jan. 15, 2014. The dividend is payable to shareholders of record on Dec. 31, 2014.
- Calloway REIT to pay 13.34-cent distribution Jan. 15
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust will pay a 13.34-cent distribution per unit for December. The distribution is payable on Jan. 15 to unitholders of record on Dec. 31.
- Great Lakes Graphite finishes three holes at Lochaber
Great Lakes Graphite Inc. has finished drilling three of six 100 m holes at the Lochaber property. The company expects to complete the rest of the six-hole drill program by year-end.
- Decade closes $360,000 first tranche of placement
Decade Resources Ltd. has closed the $360,000 first tranche of its private placement of four million nine-cent non-flow-through units. It will use the proceeds for working capital.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.