No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- National Bank hears Steinhoff complain about treatment
National Bank Financial Ltd. has received a response to the lawsuit it filed against Victoria adviser Carolann Steinhoff. She accuses the firm of treating her unfairly and of making her job "so miserable that she would quit."
- Shell Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Joe Tai's CWN Mining plans to option the Top gold-silver project in the Yukon as its QT. It hopes to sell a $4-million private placement of shares at 50 cents each to Chinese investors who will also take over as management of the company.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Barrick has to write down its Lumwana copper mine in Zambia for $1-billion after the country increases its royalty rate. Timmins Gold offers $30-million in cash and shares for Goldgroup's Caballo Blanco gold project in Mexico. Two-cent Red Pine has $1.5-million.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Tsodilo Resources is a happy modeller at BK16. It hopes to be just as happy as a driller. Olivut Resources would like to drill HOAM, someday soon. Houston Lake Mining has a high-grade sample from PAK. Fairmont Resources hopes to dig into Buttercup.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Enerplus sets a "defensive" budget for 2015 and keeps its dividend, for now. Eagle Energy, Argent Energy and Twin Butte Energy add themselves to the list of dividend-cutters. Pan Orient Energy has an interesting new shareholder.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's new capital pool shell, Mira VI Acquisition, will list on the TSX-V Thursday. Michael Davidson's Friday Capital plans to launch Brooks Bergreen's Hitcase as its QT, and Paul Rosen's PharmaCan Capital, a medical marijuana investment company, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Coeur Mining to merge with Paramount Gold in an all-share deal valued at $146-million. Fortuna Silver climbs on news of a mine expansion in Mexico. Atico Mining has a better-than-expected first year of production in Chile, and Mirasol aims to lower its burn rate.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Penn West and Bonavista Energy cut their dividends; Whitecap Resources does not. Pacific Rubiales sells more assets to International Finance Corp. Spyglass Resources suspends its dividend and sells an asset to the newly Canada-focused Eagle Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has extended its Kelvin kimberlite. Canterra Minerals has encouraging till samples on its new diamond projects. Mason Graphite has expanded its graphite resource at Lac Gueret. Niocorp Developments has a potential off-take partner for Elk Creek.
- SEC suspends American Heritage International
The SEC has halted American Heritage International Inc., an Alberta-linked OTC-BB listing promoting electronic cigarettes. The SEC cites potential manipulative activity in the stock, which went to a $1.62 (U.S.) high in March.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action Against Walgreen Co. -- WAG and Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. -- WBA
- Caesars Entertainment Operating Co. Reaches Agreement with First Lien Noteholder Steering Committee on Debt Restructuring
- NYSE MKT Notifies Aoxing Pharmaceutical Company, Inc. of Extension of Time For Compliance
- FAA Certifies PurePower® Engine for A320neo Aircraft
- Forward Industries Encourages Shareholders to Focus on the Best Plan Ahead for the Future of the Company
- CN reaches tentative labour agreement with Teamsters union representing locomotive engineers and conductors on Northern Quebec Internal Short Line
- Oneida Financial Corp. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- New Sears Outlet Store Opens in Lafayette
- Advaxis Completes $17 Million Financing
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Closes On Certain Station Acquisitions And Divestitures With Media General
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- CN, Teamsters reach tentative four-year labour deal
Canadian National Railway Company, and the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference union of engineers and conductors have reached a tentative four-year labour deal. The deal covers 93 CN employees.
- PrairieSky Royalty closes Range Royalty acquisition
PrairieSky Royalty Ltd. has closed its acquisition of Range Royalty LP. The company is confirming that it will boost its annual dividend from $1.27 to $1.30.
- Sirios Resources closes $677,610 in financings
Sirios Resources Inc. has closed $677,610 in private placements with 6.82 million units and two million FT shares. The company will use the proceeds for exploration on its Cheechoo project and for general purposes.
- Lamelee files Lac Lamelee South PEA technical report
Lamelee Iron Ore Ltd. has filed on SEDAR its technical report for the Lac Lamelee South project PEA. It released the PEA results in November.
- Evolving Gold grants options to buy 775,000 shares
Evolving Gold Corp. has granted to directors, officers, employees and consultants options to buy 775,000 shares at five cents a share. The options are exercisable for five years.
- True North Commercial closes office property buys
True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust has closed its acquisitions of 10 office properties in two separate transactions. The company paid a total purchase price of $60.8-million to two arm's-length sellers.
- Enhanced Oil appoints Polishetty to board
Enhanced Oil Resources Inc. has appointed Srinivas Polishetty to the board of directors. Mr. Polishetty is a managing director of American Orient Capital Partners Group.
- Exeter amends Caspiche report following BCSC review
Exeter Resource Corp. has refiled an updated technical report for its Caspiche project, following a BCSC review. The original report included reserves from a 2012 PFS without a current analysis.
- CWN Mining Acquisition receives conditional OK for QT
CWN Mining Acquisition Corp. has received conditional approval from the TSX-V for its QT. The company has filed its filing statement for its QT and expects to close the QT by Jan. 5, 2015.
- Houston Lake arranges $200,000 private placement
Houston Lake Mining Inc. has arranged a $200,000 private placement of up to 1.48 million units at 13.5 cents each. It will use the proceeds for its Pak project.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.