No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for July 22, 2014
Matthew Watson's capital pool shell, Way Ventures, plans to close its acquisition of UGE Holdings by next week. The target, managed by Nick Blitterswyk, sells wind turbines.
- Gold Summary for July 22, 2014
Newmont and Freeport continue to butt heads with Indonesia. Barisan Gold happily drills with no trouble at its Upper Tengkereng property, while its former parent, East Asia, is running out of money. Buccaneer plans to spin out its gold properties.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 22, 2014
Dominion Diamond has more carats at Misery, which could bode well for Jay. Margaret Lake Diamonds plans preliminaries at Margaret Lake, and possibly drilling. Alphamin Resources has fled Bisie violence. EMC Metals has borrowed cash for Nyngan scandium.
- Shell Summary for July 21, 2014
Majid Mangalji's Westcap Investments will acquire a Red Roof Inn near the Baltimore airport as its QT. Darren Devine's Oculus Ventures closes its QT by acquiring Cameron Chell's Slyce Inc., which went public today and was the second most active trader on the TSX-V.
- Gold Summary for July 21, 2014
Glen Eagle's John Labrecque celebrates 70 per cent gold recovery at its waste dumps in Nicaragua. Condor Resources falls on poor assays from Peru, and Arian Resources fails to unearth a gold belt in Albania.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 21, 2014
Mountain Province has a deal to benefit Indians at Gahcho Kue. Almaden Minerals is raising cash; some could go for drilling at ATW. RB Energy is facing more delays at its lithium mine near Val d'Or. Hudson Resources is focused on financing its White Mountain play.
- OSC reaches $700,000 deal with Sino-Forest's Horsley
The OSC has reached a $700,000 settlement with David Horsley, the former CFO of collapsed Chinese forester Sino-Forest Corp. He has admitted that he had insufficient knowledge of the company's operations, and relied too much on overseas management.
- Shell Summary for July 18, 2014
David Mitchell's fifth capital pool shell, Whiteknight Acquisitions III, will list Monday. BBS Securities sold the shell's $586,100 IPO. Scott Gibson's Westham Resources acquires a uranium property in Saskatchewan and begins trading as Roughrider Exploration.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for July 18, 20142
Afri-Can Marine Minerals hopes to raise some cash but it needs more to revive its diamond hunt. Strike Graphite, a new diamond explorer, will merge with Athabasca Nuclear. Quest Rare Minerals has raised $3-million for a Strange Lake feasibility study.
- NexGen Energy denies wrongdoing in Ainsworth hiring
NexGen Energy Ltd. denies that it did anything wrong when it hired Alpha Exploration Inc.'s VP of exploration, Garrett Ainsworth. Alpha's CEO, who is also Mr. Ainsworth's father, knew about the hiring well in advance.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Unitil Reports Second Quarter Earnings
- Ryder Reports Record Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Landstar System Reports Record Quarterly Revenue Of $814 Million And Record Quarterly Diluted Earnings Per Share Of $0.80 In The Second Quarter
- ASAP International Holdings Arranges Acquisition of Crowne Plaza in Danbury, CT
- Sirona Biochem Announces Successful Completion of Two First Line Studies by Wanbang Biopharmaceuticals
- The Family Institute at Northwestern University and 2U, Inc. Announce Online Master of Arts in Counseling Degree Program
- GSK CEO and CFO Interviewed on Q2 2014 Results and Strategy Update
- AntriaBio Appoints Barry Sherman, M.D. to Its Board of Directors
- The Ritz-Carlton Bends Over Backwards To Bring Legendary Service To Life Through Video Performance
- Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. Declares Quarterly Distribution of $0.8750 per Common Unit
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Sirona licensee completes two SBM-TFC-039 studies
Sirona Biochem Corp. licensee Wanbang Biopharmaceuticals has completed preclinical studies of SBM-TFC-039. The company says the studies confirm the drug increased urinary glucose excretion and improved oral glucose tolerance.
- Nevada Iron drills 80 m of 23% total Fe at Buena Vista
Nevada Iron Ltd. has drilled 80.8 m of 23.4 per cent total Fe at its Buena Vista project in Nevada. It has also drilled 76 m of 22 per cent total Fe.
- Atac PEA estimates Tiger aftertax NPV at $33.7-million
Atac Resources Ltd.'s PEA of the Tiger deposit, Rackla project, Yukon, estimates an aftertax NPV of $33.7-million and IRR of 21.5 per cent. The study also estimates LOM production of 221,558 ounces Au over four years.
- Thomson Reuters, BGC improve OTC pricing data access
Thomson Reuters Corp. and BGC Partners Inc. have agreed to improve customer access to OTC pricing data. Thomson Reuters Eikon customers now have access to BGC's OTC pricing data.
- Yorbeau samples 6 m of 9 g/t Au in existing Rouyn hole
Yorbeau Resources Inc. has sampled six m of 9.7 g/t Au in a historical hole at the Rouyn project. It has also sampled 31.6 m of 2.5 g/t Au in a historical hole.
- BCE's Bell acquires two customer call centres in N.B.
BCE Inc.'s Bell has acquired two customer service call centres in New Brunswick. Bell's subsidiary Nordia will operate the two call centres.
- BCE to privatize Bell Alliant
BCE Inc. plans to buy out minority shareholders of Bell Aliant Inc. for about $3.95-billion and privatize the company. BCE will offer cash, shares or a combination of cash and shares to Bell holders. Bell's independent directors are backing the offer.
- Centric Health to release Q2 results Aug. 5
Centric Health Corp. will release its second quarter financial results on Aug. 5, 2014. It will host a conference call to discuss these results on Aug. 6, 2014, at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- Marathon Gold samples up to 84.65 g/t Au at Valentine
Marathon Gold Corp. has sampled up to 84.65 g/t Au at the Sprite zone of its Valentine Lake property. It has sampled up to 41.34 g/t Au at the Rainbow zone of the property.
- First Trust Global Risk to start trading on TSX today
First Trust Global Risk Managed Income Index ETF will start trading on the TSX today. The ETF seeks to replicate the performance of the Nasdaq Global Risk Managed Income Index.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.