No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Sept. 17, 2014
Daniel Drimmer files a preliminary prospectus for his new capital pool shell, Campar Capital. Raymond James is handling the shell's $400,000 IPO of 10-cent shares.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 17, 2014
Investors do not think much of Africa Oil's new Kenyan resource estimate. TAG Oil abandons a well in New Zealand. Bellatrix Exploration says its gas plant could start up earlier than forecast, and DeeThree Exploration hunts for institutional investors.
- Kinder Morgan beats Burnaby's injunction application
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP has defeated a court injunction application by the City of Burnaby. The city had complained that Kinder Morgan broke city bylaws by cutting down 13 trees.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 17, 2014
Canadian International Minerals has expanded its Pikoo diamond project. Margaret Lake Diamonds has three intriguing anomalies near Gahcho Kue. Cavan Ventures has permits to drill Tetepiska West. Great Lakes Graphite went through withdrawal today.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 16, 2014
Legacy Oil keeps up a relentless promotional push. Mart Resources says its new pipeline in Nigeria will be working any week now. Canacol Energy makes plans to enter Mexico, as does Ian Telfer's newly named Renaissance Oil.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 16, 2014
Michael Thomson's Rodeo Capital III will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Murray Sinclair and Brian Bayley's Kirkcaldy Capital heads to Turkey to acquire a copper-gold explorer, and Geoff Gordon's shell graduate, Vogogo Inc., is the third most active trader on the TSX-V.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 16, 2014
True North Gems has access to another $11-million. It may be enough to build its Aappaluttoq ruby mine in Greenland. Stornoway Diamond will drill Renard-2 into October. Xmet will drill for gold but tout graphite. Geodex Resources grabbed antimony and gold at West Gore.
- SEC, DOJ charge IT employee with insider trading
The SEC and federal prosecutors have filed insider trading charges against a technician at a California law office. They claim he made $300,000 (U.S.) trading eight companies ahead of mergers or acquisitions.
- TransCanada foes just "arm" of billionaire U.S. backers
The U.S. "Billionaire's Club" funnels money to green groups that pretend to be mom-and-pop outfits, says a report by Republican Senators. The groups disguise propaganda as science to win an unknowing public's support for the billionaires' political aims.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 15, 2014
George Durst's NEX shell, Saratoga Electronic Solutions, plans to acquire Abba Medix and then resume trading on the CSE. The target is another hopeful medical marijuana company.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Avianca Holdings And Its Subsidiaries Carried More Than 2.3 Million Passengers In August 2014
- Fidelity® Nasdaq Composite Index® Tracking Stock Fund Declares Distribution
- Fairway Market Names Jack Murphy, Co-Founder Of Fresh Fields, As CEO; Mr. Murphy Has Tremendous Experience Leading And Building Specialty Food Retailers
- IDEXX Laboratories Names Jacqueline L. Studer Corporate Vice President and General Counsel
- Universal Corporation Announcement
- Louisiana 4-H and UnitedHealthcare Expand "Eat 4-Health" Partnership, Use "Pedal Power" and Gardening to Help Tackle Obesity and Encourage Healthy Lifestyles Among Youth
- American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. Declares Third Quarter Dividend on Its Series A Preferred Stock
- SAP to Acquire Concur, Expanding the World's Largest Business Network
- American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp. Declares Third Quarter Dividend of $0.65 Per Share
- Hyatt Announces Sale of 38 Select Service Hotels
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- El Nino Ventures 3,875,715-share private placement
El Nino Ventures Inc. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 3,875,715 shares at seven cents. One placee is subscribing.
- Vanadiumcorp arranges $50,000 private placement
Vanadiumcorp Resource Inc. has arranged a private placement under the Sidex program. The company is issuing 909,031 units at 5.5 cents for $50,000.
- Auramex to grant Tide North right-of-way to Pretivm
Auramex Resource Corp. plans to grant to Pretivm Resources Inc. a right-of-way over Tide North for a transmission line. As consideration, Pretivm will drill up to 500 metres in one hole of the Tide North anomaly.
- TD Bank to redeem Class A preferreds, Series O
Toronto-Dominion Bank will redeem 17 million Class A first preferred shares, Series O, on Oct. 31, 2014, at $25 per share for $425-million. It will pay the final dividends on the shares on Oct. 31, 2014.
- Methanex adopts advance-notice board provisions
Methanex Corp. has adopted a bylaw that provides for advance notice of director nominations by shareholders. The company's advance-notice bylaw is similar to other such bylaws adopted by many Canadian public companies.
- Enertopia alleges World of Marijuana defaulted on terms
Enertopia Corp. claims its joint venturer World of Marijuana defaulted under terms of their agreement. Enertopia alleges World of Marijuana failed to provide the amounts involving its financing, expenses and operation for the JV.
- iShares Premium declares distributions payable Sept. 30
iShares Premium Money Market ETF will issue 2.58-cent and 1.77-cent September distributions. The record date is Sept. 19, 2014, and the payable date is Sept. 30, 2014.
- Durango Resources 714,285-share private placement
Durango Resources Inc. has received TSX-V approval for a private placement of 714,285 shares at seven cents. One placee is subscribing.
- My Marijuana Canada lists on CSE
My Marijuana Canada Inc. is listing on the CSE on Sept. 19, 2014, under the symbol MYM.
- Banks Island restarts mill throughput at Yellow Giant
Banks Island Gold Ltd.'s commissioning of grinding and flotation circuits is in progress and production of gold concentrate has recommenced at the Yellow Giant gold property in B.C. After making improvements, mill throughput is averaging 200 tonnes per day.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.