Stockwatch has mobile apps for:
Stockwatch Desktop is our new standalone application program.
All the functionality of the Ticker and Daytrader Workstation is available,
and it is very similar to the them in operation.
You can download and install this program on your PC.
This is NOT a Java program so you it does not have the resource limitations of a Java applet.
Streaming Realtime Quote Java Applets
Stockwatch has two Java applets you can use for streaming realtime quotes.
Both programs provide complete views of your live stock quotes, market depth, and full charting capabilities.
Stockwatch recommends that you install and run the Desktop as described above.
New features will only be available in the Desktop, although we will continue to maintain the Java applets.
The Live Ticker is the simpler program, which you can use if your computer is old or if you do not have a need for complicated layouts.
We recommend this for first time users.
The Daytrader Workstation is a more complex program with more capabilities for managing and saving layouts.
Stockwatch Desktop is our new standalone application program. All the functionality of the Ticker and Daytrader Workstation is available,
and it is very similar to the Ticker and Daytrader Workstation in operation.
You can download and install this program on your Windows PC.
This is NOT a Java program so it does not have the resource limitations of a Java applet.
When you run the Stockwatch Desktop for the first time, please read the online help page first.
Click here to download the installation program. If you are prompted to run (or open) or save this, select "run (or open)".
Otherwise save it to your desktop and then run it after it is downloaded.
This program requires Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher. The setup program will prompt to you install this if you do not already have it,
OR you can install the framework directly from Microsoft with this link:
When a new version of the Desktop is available, it will automatically download. You do not need to reinstall or update.
A dialog box will appear informing you that a new version is ready and ask you if you want to run it.
|Version 126.96.36.199 20141211 Changes
- Optional sort number column added to ticker view to allow sorting stocks into your original order.
- Volume not updating at start of trading for stocks without ATS quote.
- Marketbook order time is correct if priority time is missing.
- Better depth and trade window column positioning.
- A stock that changes exchanges will display quotes, even if an alarm has been set for it.
- Depth order window can include the trade source in trade list.
|Version 188.8.131.52 20141021 Changes
- Pre-open Canadian orders are priced correctly.
|Version 184.108.40.206 20140910 Changes
- Chart proportions are correct when loading saved layouts.
|Version 220.127.116.11 20140718 Changes
- Layouts containing Ticker windows load faster.
- Red and green volume display is based on change from previous period, not the current candle.
|Version 18.104.22.168 20140509 Changes
- Trades can be displayed as individual trades or 1 minute summaries.
- Saved chart views are restored with the correct proportions.
- Pre and post market trades can be displayed as they happen on Daily charts.
|Version 22.214.171.124 20140509 Changes
|Version 126.96.36.199 20140411 Changes
|Version 188.8.131.52 20140304 Changes
- Adding or removing a stock from your portfolio in one ticker view, updates other ticker views of that portfolio.
- Removing a page with a Time & Sales view does not crash
- Daily chart redraws properly when changing period.
- Depth by Price and other views use the combined TSX and ATS trading when displaying summary values.
- Better line selection for horizontal lines.
- Saved charts without indicators load properly.
|Version 184.108.40.206 20140108 Changes
- If the Desktop is disconnected, it gets previous trades and the complete market depth when reconnecting.
- Saved settings are repaired if damaged.
- Depth by Price is displayed properly when a saved layout is loaded.
|Version 220.127.116.11 201311131 Changes
- Depth by Price windows display properyly from saved layout.
|Version 18.104.22.168 20131107 Changes
- Windows in saved layouts are sized correctly.
- Ticker application saves changes to indicators in charts when saving its configurations.
|Version 22.214.171.124 20131104 Changes
- Large saved layouts load properly.
- Depth by Price is displayed accurately before the market opens.
|Version 126.96.36.199 20131002 Changes
- Desktop starts up properly.
- Login names with spaces are handled properly.
- Check for correct version of Excel before installing plugin
- Last price on Daily Chart shows correct last price, including ATS if subscribed.
- Desktop works properly when all Alarms are removed
- Market Depth is displayed properly
|Version 188.8.131.52 20130726 Changes
- 40 day charts display correct data
- Layouts containing multiday charts load faster.
- Chart proportions are maintained when duplicating chart pages
- Stocks can always be removed from user portfolios.
|Version 184.108.40.206 20130508 Changes
- Stock quotes update properly when using the Spreadsheet plugin with the Desktop.
- Chart summary fonts are set correctly when loading a saved layout.
|Version 220.127.116.11 20130423 Changes
- Spreadsheet formulas that reference symbol names in other cells work correctly.
- Spreadsheets that contain the same stock on more than 1 sheet update properly.
- Level 2 orders with very large volumes display properly in the Desktop.
|Version 18.104.22.168 20130411 Changes
- Depth by Price will include ATS orders if your subscription includes ATS market depth
- Stock Review page updates properly
- News markers are correctly displayed in the Ticker
- Last news time is displayed correctly in the Ticker
|Version 22.214.171.124 20130226 Changes
- Multiple day Daily chart shows all days if opened before trading begins.
- Pre-open orders are not crossed for TSX stocks that have ATS quotes.
- Summary for last bar in Daily chart updates when a trade occurs.