Mr. Karim Rayani
INTERNATIONAL MONTORO RESOURCES MOBILIZES AIRBORNE MAGNETICS SURVEY ON BLACKFLY GOLD PROJECT, ATIKOKAN, ONTARIO
International Montoro Resources Inc. has contracted ProspectAir of Gatineau, Que., to complete an airborne geophysics survey of the 1,296-hectare Blackfly gold project in Northwestern Ontario. The survey will consist of high-resolution airborne magnetics and time-domain electromagnetic data collection over 203 line kilometres at 100-metre spacing and will be performed in conjunction with Falcon Gold's recently announced airborne survey in order to minimize helicopter and equipment mobilization costs. The survey will utilize Geometric's G-822A airborne high-sensitivity magnetometer and ProspecTEM heliborne time-domain electromagnetic technology to provide efficient and detailed data to target gold mineralization along the Blackfly trend. The survey parameters have been optimized based on the regional geological trends and will allow for the delineation of property-wide geological units and structures. The data will be used to correlate the historic gold mineralization identified by past operators through diamond drilling and surface mapping along the Blackfly main, northwest and southwest mineralized structures, which host up to 167 grams per tonne gold.
The Blackfly gold project is located along the Marmion fault zone and consists of 64 unpatented mining claims totalling 1,296 hectares of land. The project is situated 300 m south of Highway 622 and 13.6 km southwest along strike of Agnico Eagle's Hammond Reef gold deposit (open-pit measured and indicated mineral resources at the project are estimated at 208 million tonnes grading 0.67 g/t gold containing 4.5 million ounces of gold) and is situated within a similar suite of volcanic and granitic rocks mapped as the margin of the Marmion batholith of the south-central Wabigoon geological subprovince. The project is situated west and immediately tied on to Falcon Gold's Central Canada project, which has reported outstanding recent drill intercepts of up to 10.17 g/t Au over three m and a non-complaint historic resource of 230,000 ounces at 9.9 g/t Au. Geological highlights of the project include:
- Grab samples taken near the historic shaft in 2010 ranged from 87 to 167 g/t Au.
- Blackfly main vein was 1.07 m at 15.1 g/t Au from hole BF10-04.
- Blackfly northwest system was 8.26 m at 0.94 g/t Au from hole BF10-03.
- Geological mapping indicated the structural lineament, which hosts the Blackfly vein and bears similar alteration/mineralization, can be traced for 4.4 km.
The technical content of this news release has been reviewed and approved by Alex Pleson, PGeo, who is a member of the Association of Professional Geoscientists on Ontario and is a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 -- Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.
About International Montoro Resources Inc.
International Montoro, listed on the TSX Venture Exchange for over 25 years, is a Canadian-based emerging resource company. The company is systematically exploring its extensive property positions in:
- Exploits zone, Newfoundland (Slip and Victoria Lake -- Au prospects);
- Atikokan, Ont. (BlackFly -- Au prospect);
- Red Lake, Ont. (Camping Lake -- Au prospect);
- Elliot Lake, Ont. (Serpent River/Pecors -- nickel-copper-platinum group elements discovery) and (uranium-rare earth elements);
- Quebec (Duhamel -- nickel-copper-cobalt prospect, and titanium, vanadium and chromium prospect);
- Prince George, B.C. (Wicheeda North -- rare earth elements prospect).
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2020 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.