Michael Stares reports
WHITE METAL PARTNER NORONEX PROVIDES UPDATE ON EXPLORATION PROGRAM AT THE DORWIT COPPER-SILVER PROJECT, NAMIBIA
White Metal Resources Corp. has provided an update from its Australian joint venture partner Noronex Ltd. on Noronex's current exploration program at the DorWit copper-silver project in Namibia (see Noronex's Australian Securities Exchange news release dated July 8, 2021). The Namibian project comprises three exclusive prospecting licences (EPLs) that cover 78,000 hectares, referred to as the Witvlei (EPL 7028 and EPL 7029) and Dordabis (EPL 7030) properties. The project is prospective for sedimentary-hosted copper-silver mineralization within the prolific Kalahari copper belt that spans Namibia and Botswana.
Michael Stares, president and chief executive officer of White Metal, stated: "This is great news for our shareholders and I am very pleased to have Noronex as a partner. They continue to demonstrate that they are very committed to moving the DorWit copper-silver project forward and have outlined some exceptional copper targets for drilling. I look forward to receiving the results from the upcoming drilling program."
Field visits by the Noronex team were undertaken in May and June to finalize drill planning. The visits confirmed subcropping copper mineralization at geochemistry soil targets.
- Five high-priority prospects were defined for drill testing for a large-scale sediment-hosted copper deposit, including:
- Subcropping copper at Dalheim with two-kilometre strike extent;
- Gossan float at Gemboksvlei on a one-kilometre-long copper soil anomaly;
- Outcropping copper at Otjiwaru over an 800-metre-wide zone;
- A 2.5-kilometre-by-1.2-kilometre copper-in-soil anomaly in an altered structural zone south of Okasewa;
- Unexplained copper soil anomalies at the Christiadore prospect.
Access agreements have been signed with landowners for the commencement of drilling, and a contract with a suitable drilling contractor is currently being finalized.
- A program of over 50 holes is being planned to test these targets.
- A trial IP (induced polarization) survey is also planned at Gemboksvlei and Okasewa to define their IP signature.
- Meetings were held in-country with the Ministry of Mines; consultants were appointed; and a subsidiary company and bank accounts were established.
Technical information in this news release has been reviewed and approved by Dr. Scott Jobin-Bevans, PGeo, vice-president, exploration, and a director of White Metal, who is a qualified person under the definitions established by National Instrument 43-101.
About White Metal Resources Corp.
White Metal Resources is a junior exploration company exploring in Canada and southern Africa. The company's two key properties are the flagship Tower Stock gold project in Thunder Bay, Ont., Canada, and the Okohongo copper-silver project in Namibia, Africa.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2023 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.