20:30:23 EST Fri 19 Jan 2018
Enter Symbol
or Name
USA
CA



Canadian National Stock Exchange
Symbol C : *CNSX
Recent Sedar Documents

Pure third, 52% of the TSX-V is 10 cents or less

2012-11-27 20:57 ET - Street Wire

This item is part of Stockwatch's value added news feed and is only available to Stockwatch subscribers.

Here is a sample of this item:

by Stockwatch Business Reporter

Pure Trading was the third most active alternative trading system in Canada for last week, ending Nov. 23, 2012. Alpha Exchange held its lead, trading an average of 99 million shares a day for 16.2 per cent of volume. Chi-X Canada followed, closer behind than usual, with an average of 82 million shares a day for 13.4 per cent of volume. Pure came third, trading 12.9 million shares a day for 2.1 per cent. Dark pool Match Now came fourth with 8.7 million shares a day for 1.4 per cent. Then there was Omega ATS with 8.3 million shares a day for 1.3 per cent, and TMX Select with 5.1 million shares or 0.8 per cent. Together, the ATSs captured 35.4 per cent of volume, leaving 64.6 per cent to the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange.

Of securities listed only on the TSX, the exchange handled 56.7 per cent of volume. Alpha handled 18.5 per cent, while Chi-X handled a record 17 per cent. The other ATSs had the remaining 7.8 per cent.

The remainder is available to Stockwatch subscribers.
Sign-up for a FREE 30-day Stockwatch subscription and SEE NO ADS

© 2018 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.


Reader Comments - Comments are open to paying subscribers of Stockwatch and unmoderated, although libelous remarks, obscene language and impersonations may be deleted. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of Stockwatch.
For information regarding Canadian libel law, please view the University of Ottawa's FAQ regarding Defamation and SLAPPs.


so if over 50% are under 10 cents that is a healthy market, since everyone in the media and securities legislators have been lamenting and crying about stock promoters since 1980's. Your article clearly states only 326 companies actually are producing something and generating revenues,the rest are all speculative projects- should a speculative project be trading at $1.00? on what techincal and economic basis is that justifiable? and last opinion is this, the speculative deals are cheap for that reason, if you pick the right project and load up at 1 or 2 cents, for $10,000- 5 million shares, and as even in the past 6 months the odd project hits and develops into something a run to $1 or higher has happened. Any derogatory comment suggesting because a stock is under 10 cents it is a POS only proves you yourself do not understand the type of market you are writing about- get out.

Posted by point is what? at 2012-11-28 18:39


Comments for this item are closed