Mr. Andre Itwaru reports
FIRST GLOBAL LAUNCHES MOBILE PAYMENTS AT TOLL PLAZAS IN INDIA
First Global Data Ltd.'s Indian subsidiary, MSEWA Software Solution Pte. Ltd. (MSEWA), has entered into an agreement with Metro Infrasys Pvt. Ltd. to provide the mobile payment feature to Metro Intrasys's Highway Saathi mobile payment app.
Highway Saathi is an integrated platform for multibank, multiwallet transactions for toll tag recharge which ensures a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for highway travellers. The application has a built-in feature which facilitates toll tag recharge through the click of a button. So now travellers don't have to wait in long queues at the toll plazas for their turn to pay.
Highway Saathi provides real-time information about:
- Highway incidents and congestion hotspots, with reporting facilities;
- Restricted speed limits;
- Wayside amenities like food courts, hospitals, toll plazas and gas stations;
- Highway conditions, with reporting facility;
- Estimated journey time with directions to destination of choice;
- Emergency services and SOS alerts;
- Free vehicle tracking services for fleet owners;
- Voice-based option for all reporting facilities. Customers speak their query into the phone and the app answers the question, be it the location of the nearest restaurant or gas station.
Highway Saathi is launched and available for download at the Google Play store. It is currently being rolled out in 50 toll stations across India through which millions of automobiles traverse annually.
Highway Saathi will have VPayQwik as a mobile payment option in the app. VPayQwik is a mobile payment service which the company previously launched with Vijaya Bank. The company makes revenues from each automobile using the app for payment at the toll stations and shares revenues with Metro Infrasys and Vijaya Bank.
Andre Itwaru, chairman and chief executive officer of First Global, commented: "There are so many verticals where mobile payments is apropos and toll fee transactions are just another example of how First Global is innovating and revolutionizing the digital divide as it relates to fintech. We will continue to tap into other verticals to take full advantage of the consumer sentiment shift to all things digital."
About First Global
First Global is an international financial services technology company. The company's two main lines of business are mobile payments and cross-border payments.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2017 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.