No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Viosolar defendant Winsor pleads guilty
Viosolar Inc. defendant Caroline Winsor, aka Caroline Danforth, has pleaded guilty to broker bribery charges in Pennsylvania. Prosecutors claim she and another Canadian agreed to pay a 20-per-cent kickback on purchases of two pink sheets listings.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Stornoway Diamond is on schedule and budget with construction at Renard. Mountain Province Diamonds has another impact benefits agreement for Gahcho Kue. Zenyatta Ventures fell hard after it suggested investors should not soon expect its Albany dream sheet.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Barkerville Gold appoints Trelawney's Greg Gibson and Lake Shore's Tony Makuch as directors. Helio Resources has $3-million in working capital to drill for gold in Tanzania. Mandalay Resources has $15-million and gold mines in Chile, Australia and Sweden.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Talisman Energy accepts a $9.33-a-share cash offer from Repsol. Lightstream Resources and Long Run Exploration slash their dividends, while TORC Oil defends its dividend's safety. EnCana bucks the trend and boosts its budget for 2015.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 16, 2014
Marc Cernovitch's Valor Ventures will roll back 1:5 and then sell a private placement of 22 million shares at five cents. Harry Chew's Bi-Optic Ventures closes a $500,000 private placement and Peter Hughes's BHK Resources still plans to acquire a manganese property in Gabon.
- SEC fines Canadian Solar, Zhuang $550,000 (U.S.)
The SEC has imposed $550,000 (U.S.) in fines on Canadian Solar Inc. for improperly recording millions of dollars in revenue. The company reported sales from dubious accounts, in one instance including revenues for product that was in storage.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 15, 2014
Alacer Gold starts producing copper at its low-cost gold mine in Turkey. Stakeholder Gold awaits assays from drilling in Nova Scotia, a province not known for its gold mines.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 15, 2014
Mark Orsmond's Movarie Capital plans to buy the assets of Paradigm Environmental, the creator of MicroSludge. Euro Pacific Canada continues to work on selling a $50-million prospectus offering for Canada Jetlines.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 15, 2014
Talisman Energy continues to benefit from takeover rumours. Bellatrix Exploration gives in and appoints Daniel Lewis, managing partner of activist investor Orange Capital, to its board of directors. Enerplus's CEO says oil could go to $40.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 15, 2014
Dominion Diamond is adding years of life to Ekati. Vanadiumcorp Resource is inching along with a Lac Dore resource estimate. American Manganese will keep its Artillery Peak manganese play. DNI Metals is sweetening the terms of a planned placement.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Cognex to Present at Needham Growth Conference
- Indigo Exploration Inc. Closes First Tranche of Non-brokered Private Placement
- The ExOne Company Announces Appointment of Hans J. Sack as New Director
- Northern Freegold Reports Technical Disclosure Review
- Avianca Holdings and Its Subsidiaries Carried More Than 2.2 Million Passengers in November 2014
- Zoetis Declares First Quarter 2015 Dividend; Board Approves 15% Payment Increase
- North American Nickel Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- North American Nickel Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Mercury Systems Receives $3.6 Million Order for Advanced RF Products for Electronic Warfare Application
- Board Approves New Investment Advisory Agreement for Royce Focus Trust (Nasdaq: FUND)
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Northern Freegold clarifies non-compliant information
Northern Freegold Resources Ltd.,after a BCSC review, is clarifying certain non-NI 43-101-compliant information released in a corporate presentation and technical report. The company is on the BCSC's defaulting issuer list until it regains compliance.
- Indigo Exploration closes first tranche of placement
Indigo Exploration Inc. has closed a $102,500 first tranche of its private placement, issuing 5.12 million units at two cents each. It will use the proceeds for working capital.
- First Asset ETFs revise 2014 special distributions
First Asset Morningstar Canada Dividend Target 30 Index ETF and other First Asset ETFs have revised their 2014 special distributions. The revised distributions include a 25-per-cent cash portion to cover any potential tax liability.
- 01 Communique loses $2.07-million in fiscal 2014
01 Communique Laboratory Inc. lost $2.07-million on revenue of $266,691 in fiscal 2014. It lost $3.17-million on revenue of $1.25-million in fiscal 2013.
- First Asset Morningstar et al. declare distributions
First Asset Morningstar National Bank Quebec Index ETF and other First Asset ETFs have declared distributions for the month and quarter ending Dec. 31. The distributions are payable on Jan. 6, 2015, to unitholders of record on Dec. 30, 2014.
- First Asset Can-Financials et al. declare distributions
First Asset Can-Financials Covered Call ETF and other First Asset ETFs have declared distributions for the month and quarter ending Dec. 31. The distributions are payable on Jan. 6, 2015, to unitholders of record on Dec. 30, 2014.
- North American Nickel appoints Morrison CEO
North American Nickel Inc. has appointed Keith Morrison as CEO, replacing interim CEO Dr. Mark Fedikow, who will remain as president. Mr. Morrison is the co-founder of Quantec and QGX, and a director of Marengo Mining and Security Devices International.
- Storagevault to resume Dec. 18
Storagevault Canada Inc. will resume at the open on Thursday, Dec. 18.
- Sirona Biochem $670,000 convertible loan
Sirona Biochem Corp. has received TSX-V approval for a $670,000 convertible loan private placement. There are four placees.
- Boxxer to change name to ExGen Dec. 18
Boxxer Gold Corp. will close its name change to ExGen Resources Inc. on Dec. 18. The company received shareholder blessing at the AGM on Dec. 10. Trading under the new name and the new symbol, EXG, will begin at the open on Dec. 18.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.