No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Mega Precious hopes Lake Shore's Tony Makuch can help develop Monument Bay in Manitoba. Barkerville Gold receives another loan extension from Eric Sprott, and Coronet Metals hopes to have finally found some help for its suspended Liberty toll mill.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's WB III Acquisition plans to acquire TicToc, the developer of a messaging and photo-sharing app called Frankly, as its QT. Wildeboer Dellelce, a Bay Street law firm, increases its position in NXA Inc., an NEX shell.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Lightstream Resources sells $378-million of assets to Crescent Point, but investors are still worried about its finances. Iona Energy loses more than half its value following more production outages at Huntington. Argent Energy puts itself on the block.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 1, 2014
Mountain Province is selling $100-million of stock to cover construction costs at Gahcho Kue. Its sister, Kennady Diamonds, has raised $5-million for Kennady North. Star Minerals Group is working on a Hoidas Lake dream sheet.
- SEC charges Toronto man for Herbalife short position
The SEC has filed an insider trading case against a research analyst from Toronto who acquired a short position in Herbalife Ltd. in 2012. He bought a put option the day before hedge fund manager Bill Ackman called the company an illegal pyramid scheme.
- Gold Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Roxgold aims to start building its Yaramoko gold mine in Burkina Faso this year. Pan American is still considering Samco Gold's EDM gold property in Argentina. Odin Mining quintuples thanks to a new big-name investor, Ross Beaty.
- Shell Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Lawrence Ho has a new capital pool shell, Maple Peak Investments, which lists Wednesday. James Varanese's Triox Ltd. expects to complete its acquisition of eQube Technology by Friday.
- Energy Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
Crew Energy closes its $150-million Princess sale. Bellatrix Exploration arranges a second joint venture with Grafton. Sunshine Oilsands enjoys some insider buying, and a federal court agrees to hear a B.C. band's challenge to Northern Gateway.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Sept. 30, 2014
North Arrow Minerals hopes to drill targets at or near Pikoo early next year. Arctic Star Exploration hopes North Arrow also drills Redemption next winter. Great Lakes Graphite has tweaked its Lochaber play. Pacific Wildcat Resources trades again.
- OSC reaches $8-million deal with Ernst & Young
The OSC has reached an $8-million settlement with Ernst & Young LLP for failures stemming from the audits of collapsed Chinese companies Sino-Forest Corp. and Zungui Haixi Corp. The OSC said Ernst failed to exercise professional skepticism.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- AT&T Teams With Amazon Web Services To Offer On-Demand Network Enabled Cloud Solutions
- Aon Hewitt Announces New Leadership Appointment in Southeast Asia
- Liquidmetal Technologies Adds TML & Associates as a Manufacturer Sales Representative
- Cal Dive Gives Update on Revolving Credit Facility Refinancing
- Education Management Corporation Commences Exchange Offer In Connection with Proposed Restructuring
- Atento S.A. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
- RealD Comments on Unsolicited Non-Binding Indication of Interest from Starboard
- Graña y Montero announces awarding of US$ 187 mm contract
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Announces Its Net Asset Value and Asset Coverage Ratios at September 30, 2014
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Announces its Net Asset Value and Asset Coverage Ratios at September 30, 2014
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Allante Resources to resume Oct. 2
Allante Resources Ltd. will resume trading on Thursday, Oct. 2, 2014. The company has terminated a qualifying transaction.
- Westkam agreement for 1.66% of Bonaparte
Westkam Gold Corp. has filed with the TSX-V its Sept. 26, 2014, agreement to acquire a 1.66-per-cent interest in the Bonaparte property in B.C. The company must issue 2.25 million shares.
- WesternZagros shareholders OK Crest private placement
WesternZagros Resources Ltd.'s shareholders, at the Oct. 1 special meeting, approved the company's previously announced private placement with Crest Energy. They also allowed the company to increase the maximum number of directors to 10 from nine.
- Capstream director McPhail dies
Capstream Ventures Inc. director Robert McPhail died on Sept. 21. The company has appointed Jody Bellefleur as CFO, effective Oct. 1. Ms. Bellefleur, CGA, is a corporate accountant.
- Mettrum Health 13.8-million-share private placement
Mettrum Health Corp. has received TSX-V aproval for a private placement of 13.8 million shares at $2.50 One hundred sixteen placees are subscribing.
- WB III Acquisition to remain halted
WB III Acquisition Corp. will remain halted pending receipt and review of acceptable paperwork regarding its qualifying transaction.
- VRX Worldwide sale of VRX Studios
VRX Worldwide Inc. has filed with the TSX-V its agreement to sell its subsidiary, VRX Studios Inc. The company will receive $3-million in cash.
- Whitecap's subscription receipts delist from TSX
Whitecap Resources Inc.'s subscription receipts have delisted from the TSX. Whitecap has completed its previously announced acquisition of a controlling interest in a Nisku light oil pool at Elnora, Alta.
- CIBC to delist Series 26 preferred shares Oct. 31
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce will delist its Series 26 preferred shares from the TSX at the close on Oct. 31, 2014. The bank will redeem all the Series 26 shares on Oct. 31 for $25 per share.
- SecureCom Mobile to split stock 2 for 1
SecureCom Mobile Inc. plans to split its stock 2 for 1 by issuing its shareholders one share for each share they already hold. It expects to issue the shares around Oct. 8.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.