Stockwatch Street Wires
- Energy Summary for Nov. 8, 2019
Alberta eases some of its oil production restrictions. Seven Generations and ARC Resources talk up their plans for 2020, while Tamarack Valley doubles down on waterflooding. Canacol Energy becomes the latest South American producer to launch a dividend.
- Cannabis Summary for Nov. 8, 2019
CB2 Insights rises after reporting a loss of $1-million on revenue of $4.2-million in the third quarter. Westleaf enters a definitive agreement to merge with We Grow B.C. Agraflora announces the details of four THC- and CBD-infused products that it will produce.
- Diamond & Specialty Minerals Summary for Nov. 8, 2019
Lucara Diamond is enthused by its study of an underground expansion of its Karowe mine in Botswana. Sherritt International notes the cobalt price is rising, but its share price is not. Pancontinental Resources has new assays from St. Laurent in Ontario.
- Gold Summary for Nov. 8, 2019
Rumours abound following the deadly attack on a Semafo convoy headed to its Boungou mine in Burkina Faso this week. Orvana Minerals took a hit after it decided to suspend mining at Las Tojas at the end of December. Viva Gold plans a dream sheet for Tonopah.
- MGX Minerals sued by AIS over work in Argentina
MGX Minerals Inc. is a defendant in a lawsuit brought by its JV partner in Argentina, AIS Resources Ltd., over payment for a work program. The suit is one of many legal matters involving MGX.
- Swisher Hygiene's Kipp, Viard lose appeal
Swisher Hygiene Inc.'s former executives, Michael Kipp and Joanne Viard, have lost the appeal of their conviction for a 2011 accounting fraud. The pair went to jail for manipulating the company's earnings.
- Shell Summary for Nov. 7, 2019
John-David Belfontaine's first capital pool shell, Conscience Capital, plans to acquire a New York advertising tech firm, Hashoff LLC.
- Cannabis Summary for Nov. 7, 2019
Vireo Health appoints Bruce Linton as executive chairman. Canopy Growth announces a deal to launch a cannabis company with Canadian rapper Drake. Drake will own 60 per cent of the company, while Canopy will own the remaining 40 per cent.
- Energy Summary for Nov. 7, 2019
Paramount Resources hikes its production guidance and sells some of its investment in MEG Energy. Peyto Exploration eyes a return to production increases. Bonterra Energy faces a production setback, and Painted Pony talks up its new wells in the Montney.
- Diamond & Specialty Minerals Summary for Nov. 7, 2019
Margaret Lake Diamonds plans work at Diagras, and it is raising cash, but none of it is slated for the diamond project. Leading Edge Materials is raising cash for its specialty minerals projects in Romania and Sweden. Ucore Rare Metals has a bullish backer.
- Gold Summary for Nov. 7, 2019
Lumina Gold has upped its resource at Cangrejos and has a maiden calculation for nearby Gran Bestia, in Ecuador. Barrian Mining has new assays from Bolo, a gold and silver project in Nevada, where it is earning an interest from Allegiant Gold.
- Cannabis Summary for Nov. 6, 2019
SpeakEasy Cannabis lowers the unit price of its financing to 40 cents, from 50 cents. Flower One offers details on its convertible debenture financing, which will be for up to $20-million. Ignite International's president, Jim McCormick, resigns.
- Diamond & Specialty Minerals Summary for Nov. 6, 2019
Mountain Province's stock went down but its diamond revenues from Gahcho Kue went down. Gratomic will roll back its stock and then sell a bundle of new shares. Vanadiumcorp Resource is touting plans for German research and development.
- Shell Summary for Nov. 6, 2019
Peter McKeown's first capital pool shell, MG Capital, submits a filing statement for its QT with DLP Resources, a B.C. mining junior. DLP has raised $1.15-million at 13 cents (flow through) and 10 cents (non-FT). DLP and MG Capital expect to close the QT next week.
- SEC wins $736,000 (U.S.) order in Knox case
The SEC has won a $736,000 (U.S.) order against Simone Foehr, a relief defendant in a massive litigation that includes Roger "Rocket" Knox and has many Vancouver connections. The SEC said that she was holding the proceeds of illicit stock sales.
Click here for more Street Wires.