Mr. John Williamson reports
BENCHMARK DRILLS 57.00 METRES OF 2.52 G/T GOLD EQUIVALENT CONTRIBUTING ADDITIONAL GOLD AND SILVER OUNCES TO THE UPCOMING MINERAL RESOURCE ESTIMATE
Benchmark Metals Inc. has released new results from infill and expansion drilling at the Dukes Ridge deposit, highlighted by 57 metres (core length) of 1.72 grams per tonne gold and 64.41 g/t silver (or 2.52 g/t gold equivalent), including 9.06 m of 6.87 g/t gold and 182.72 g/t silver (or 9.16 g/t AuEq), in drill hole 22DRDD022. These drill results have extended known mineralization to greater than 170 metres below the existing 2021 mineral resource estimate (MRE) pit shell to over 325 m vertical depth from surface. The Dukes Ridge deposit remains a significant potential source for additional gold-silver ounces at Lawyers, as drill-indicated, high-grade shoots within intervals of bulk-tonnage mineralization continue to accumulate with each phase of drilling outside of the pit shell generated via the 2021 MRE. The company has completed a greater than 16,000 m infill and expansion drilling program at the Cliff Creek, Dukes Ridge and AGB deposits and at the Marmot Lake area. The company will provide additional results from the spring program drilling as they become available. Benchmark's flagship Lawyers gold-silver project is located within a road-accessible region of the prolific Golden Horseshoe area of north-central British Columbia, Canada.
John Williamson, chief executive officer, commented: "Dukes Ridge continues to deliver strong drill results, and the continuity of high-grade mineralization to depth is well below the existing 2021 resource pit shell. We expect Dukes to contribute additional gold-silver ounces to the project with continued drilling. The Dukes deposit has sparse historical drilling relative to the AGB and Cliff Creek deposits, and this provides an opportunity to deliver more gold and silver. The imminent updated mineral resource estimate will include these latest results from Dukes, and we are excited to see what these results contribute to the resource."
- Targeted drilling of plunging, high-grade mineralization below the 2021 MRE pit shell has yielded 9.06 m of 6.87 g/t Au and 182.72 g/t Ag (or 9.16 g/t AuEq) within a broader interval grading 1.72 g/t Au and 64.41 g/t Ag (or 2.52 g/t AuEq) over 57 metres in hole 22DRDD022.
- High-grade zones within broad, bulk-tonnage zones akin to mineralization at Cliff Creek:
- 0.37 m of 65.6 g/t Au and 2,600 g/t Ag (or 98 g/t AuEq) as well as 2.52 m of 18.26 g/t Au and 552.85 g/t Ag (or 25.17 g/t AuEq) within a broader interval grading 2.17 g/t Au and 78.14 g/t Ag (or 3.15 g/t AuEq) over 38.22 metres in hole 22DRDD026;
- One m of 9.43 g/t Au and 34.20 g/t Ag (or 9.86 g/t AuEq) as well as one m of 6.41 g/t Au and 62.4 g/t Ag (or 7.19 g/t AuEq) within a broader interval grading 0.93 g/t Au and 8.46 g/t Ag (or 1.04 g/t AuEq) over 41.33 metres in hole 22DRD019.
- These results confirm the validity and accuracy of geological modelling, with planned holes intersecting strong mineralization where expected.
Quality assurance/quality control
Results from samples were analyzed at ALS Global Laboratories (geochemistry division) in Vancouver, Canada (an ISO/IEC 17025:2017-accredited facility). The sampling program was undertaken by company personnel under the direction of Rob L'Heureux, PGeol. A secure chain of custody is maintained in transporting and storing all samples. Gold was assayed using a fire assay with atomic emission spectrometry and gravimetric finish, when required (greater than 10 g/t Au). Analysis by four-acid digestion with 48-element ICP-MS analysis was conducted on all samples, with silver and base metal overlimits being reanalyzed by atomic absorption or emission spectrometry. Rock chip samples from outcrop/bedrock are selective by nature and may not be representative of the mineralization hosted on the project.
The technical content of this news release has been reviewed and approved by Michael Dufresne, MSc, PGeol, PGeo, a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
About Benchmark Metals Inc.
Benchmark Metals is a Canadian-based gold and silver company advancing its 100-per-owned Lawyers gold-silver project, located in the prolific Golden Horseshoe of Northern British Columbia, Canada. The project consists of three mineralized deposits that remain open for expansion, in addition to greater than 20 new target areas along the 20-kilometre trend. Benchmark is managed by proven resource sector professionals who have a record of advancing exploration projects from grassroots scenarios through to production.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2022 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.