Mr. Randy MacEwen reports
BALLARD HOSTS SUCCESSFUL VIRTUAL "INVESTOR AND ANALYST DAY 2020" EVENT
Ballard Power Systems Inc. hosted a virtual investor and analyst day 2020 event on Sept. 29.
Company executives and a panel of clean energy experts delivered informative and insightful presentations and perspectives, as well as answering investors' questions, all of which underscored Ballard's leading position in the fast-growing hydrogen and fuel cell marketplace, with the company's focus on electrification of heavy- and medium-duty motive applications. The event encompassed a comprehensive review of Ballard's strategic plan -- including key market opportunities -- as well as progress across a number of important commercial, technology and operational fronts.
Prior to this event, Ballard issued important announcements that were discussed during the course of its virtual investor and analyst day 2020:
Launch of FCwave
fuel cell module on Sept. 8: launch of the fuel cell industry's first module designed for primary propulsion power in marine vessels; this fuel cell product is a 200-kilowatt modular unit that can be scaled in series up to the multimegawatt power level;
high-power density fuel cell stack on Sept. 14: launch of a high performance, zero-emission, proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell stack, to provide propulsion for a range of light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles in an industry-leading volumetric high-power density of 4.3 kilowatts per litre;
Agreement to collaborate with MAHLE on Sept. 28: announcement of an agreement to collaborate with MAHLE, a leading international development partner and Tier 1 supplier to the commercial vehicle and automotive industry, on the development and commercialization of zero-emission fuel cell systems to provide primary propulsion power in various classes of commercial trucks;
- Six times expansion in membrane electrode assembly production capacity on Sept. 28: announcement of the expansion of manufacturing capacity for production of proprietary membrane electrode assemblies, or MEAs -- a critical component of every fuel cell -- six times by early 2021 at Ballard's headquarters facility in Vancouver, making this facility the largest fuel cell MEA production operation globally for commercial vehicles.
A replay of the virtual investor and analyst day 2020 webcast is available at the company's website, along with presentation material covering the following topics:
- Randy MacEwen, president and chief executive officer, Ballard Power Systems: Ballard strategic direction;
- Dr. Ken DeWoskin, senior adviser to Deloitte, Dr. David Hart, director, E4tech, and Bernd Heid, senior partner, McKinsey & Company: panel discussion -- fuel cell value proposition and competitive positioning;
- Rob Campbell, vice-president and chief commercial officer, Ballard Power Systems: power products growth platform;
- Dr. Kevin Colbow, vice-president and chief technology officer, Ballard Power Systems: technology solutions growth platform and product road map;
- Alfred Wong, managing director, Asia Pacific, Jesper Themsen, chief executive officer, Ballard Power Systems Europe A/S, Oben Uluc, director of sales, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Nicolas Pocard, director of marketing, Ballard Power Systems: Chinese market, European market and California market;
- Dr. Lee Sweetland, director of advanced manufacturing, Ballard Power Systems: cost reduction strategy;
- Jyoti Sidhu, vice-president, operations, Ballard Power Systems: operations update;
Jan Laishley, vice-president, human resources, Ballard Power Systems: environmental, social and corporate governance, and people;
- Tony Guglielmin, vice-president and chief financial officer, Ballard Power Systems: financial overview.
About Ballard Power Systems Inc.
Ballard Power Systems' vision is to deliver fuel cell power for a sustainable planet. Ballard zero-emission PEM fuel cells are enabling electrification of mobility, including buses, commercial trucks, trains, marine vessels, passenger cars, forklift trucks and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles).
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2021 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.