For the first time, fans will be able to buy products celebrating Disney100 and other limited-edition Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars(TM) items
GLENDALE, Calif. -- (Business Wire)
For the ultimate Disney fans, D23 Expo 2022 will feature never-before-seen, limited-edition merchandise from across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Author appearances, engaging panels with iconic Disney personalities, and interactive social moments on the show floor will give attendees a variety of ways to celebrate the magic of Disney and kick off 100 Years of Wonder. The Ultimate Fan Event, presented by Visa, takes place in Anaheim, Calif., from September 9 through 11, 2022.
WHERE TO SHOP
- D23 EXPO MARKETPLACE: Debuting on the show floor this year is an all-new shopping experience, D23 Expo Marketplace. This 27,000-square-foot retail location offers merchandise from fan-favorite collections and characters across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, including limited-edition merchandise and the availability of the first items celebrating Disney's 100th Anniversary. The D23 Expo Marketplace brings together the most exciting offerings from shopDisney, Disney store, and Disney Parks into one shopping destination for a wide assortment of curated brand collections, specialty items, and milestone anniversary collectibles.
- MICKEY'S OF GLENDALE: Mickey's of Glendale, the Walt Disney Imagineering store, will have three unique retail spaces for D23 Expo attendees to check out at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Mickey's of Glendale Main Store - Featuring merchandise designed by Imagineers, including hats, T-shirts, accessories, and more. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to shop collections celebrating the upcoming Walt Disney Imagineering 70th Anniversary.
Mickey's of Glendale Pin Store - Disney pin enthusiasts will want to stop by this space, which will feature a large assortment of limited-edition pins.
D23 Expo Shop x Mickey's of Glendale - The Official Disney Fan Club and Mickey's of Glendale have joined forces to bring you the official merchandise of D23 Expo 2022.
- DISNEY PUBLISHING: The shopping destination for Disney book fans returns this year with an array of exciting first-to-market books available for purchase. Disney Publishing continues its tradition of celebrating great storytelling by hosting a variety of authors behind well-loved Disney stories. Join these world-building creators for book signings within the booth, including Disney historian and 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime author Marcy Carriker Smothers, DisneyBound's Leslie Kay, Shinji Takahashi and the Mark of the Coatl's Julie Kagawa, and Cautionary Tales' Ridley Pearson.
WHAT TO BUY
Jam-packed with gear for every fan, from nostalgic collectibles, to fun twists on beloved classics, to playful merchandise from the newest series, movies, and characters, D23 Expo is the best place for fans to discover their next favorite treasure. A few highlights include:
D23 Expo attendees will have the first opportunity to purchase items celebrating Disney100.
Inspired by the vibrant landscape of Wakanda, and brought to life on-screen in Black Panther, World of Wakanda merchandise from Marvel will debut at D23 Expo Marketplace and on shopDisney.
- Guided by the Light, a new collection by Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), isinspired by Ahsoka Tano's strength amid darkness. The collection will also be available on shopDisney.
With the help of some magic, a new line of adorable plush inspired by tasty treats from Disney Parks Main Street Bakery will debut at D23 Expo: Disney Munchlings. These cute collectibles include a scented Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Swirl Bun and Minnie Mouse Wild Strawberry Cupcake. Disney Munchlings will also be available for purchase on shopDisney.
HOW TO SHOP
A few ways for attendees to navigate the shopping experience with ease:
- Virtual Queue: Attendees will be able to sign up for an available boarding group in a virtual queue for D23 Expo Marketplace, Mickey's of Glendale Main Store, or Mickey's of Glendale Pin Store by using the Disneyland Resort app and scanning a QR code located at the store's entrance.
- Merchandise Mobile Checkout: Pay for items from D23 Expo Marketplace, D23 Expo Shop x Mickey's of Glendale, or Mickey's of Glendale Main Store via the Disneyland Resort app to save time!
- StorePass: To shop select limited-edition collection items, attendees will be able to reserve via StorePass, an onlinereservation system prior to the start of D23 Expo. Details on how to get a StorePass reservation will be announced later this summer.
INSPIRED BY STORIES: WHAT TO SEE
Throughout the weekend, Disney will give fans the chance to get the very latest in product innovations, listen to revered authors, and explore fashion trends through an array of content. Highlights include:
- Women in Disney Fashion: Step into the minds of major Disney fashion icons as they share an exclusive look at their upcoming Disney collaborations.
- It's a Small Disney World: Celebrating the Art of Disney Parks: Ever wondered what it's like to be an official Disney Parks artist? Disney will gather six artists to dive into their art, ideas for the future, and behind-the-scenes insights.
- Cautionary Tales with the Disney Villains: The Imagination of Ridley Pearson: Cautionary Tales authorRidley Pearson and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline will delight fans and spark creativity with insider Disney stories.
- National Geographic's 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime: From a dessert cruise with fireworks views to an exclusive dinner in Walt's Disneyland apartment, discover one-of-a-kind magical Disney experiences in this memorable discussion with expert Marcy Carriker Smothers.
- Hey Disney! - a custom voice assistant built on Amazon's Alexa technology - will be highlighted on the D23 Expo show floor (stay tuned for more details). Whether at home or in a Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort hotel room, fans will be able to use an Echo device to interact with their favorite Disney, Star Wars, or Pixar characters.
- On the Show Floor: Attendees can also check out activations from Visa, Amazon, Target, Aniplex, BoxLunch, Citizen, Enterprise, Funko / Loungefly, IMAX, Pandora, Ravensburger and Sunglass Hut, along with many others.
D23 Expo Guests should get ready to be wowed by the assortment of fan-favorite merchandise, books, clothing, and collectibles.
A limited number of single-day tickets for Sunday of D23 Expo 2022 are available for $99 for one-day adult admission and $79 for children ages 3-12. Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $89 for a one-day adult admission. Single-day Friday and Saturday tickets and three-day passes are sold out. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2022, visit D23Expo.com.
Schedule and talent are subject to change. Images are available to download in our media gallery.
About D23 Expo 2022
D23 Expo-The Ultimate Disney Fan Event-brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more. The event provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, streaming, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities. For the latest D23 Expo 2022 news, visit D23Expo.com. Presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change. To join the D23 Expo conversation, be sure to follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, and use the hashtag #D23Expo.
The name "D23" pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney's 99-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com, with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold Membership ($99.99), Gold Duo Membership ($129.99), and General Membership (complimentary) levels at D23.com. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. copyright & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
NOT FOR PRINT: For images, press releases, and the official media credential application, please visit D23ExpoPress.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220621005503/en/
Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
The Walt Disney Company
Source: D23 Expo
© 2022 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.