Global Study Uncovers What's Behind the Rapid Growth of FAST, with Emphasis on Simplicity, Ease of Use, and Good Quality Content
Canadians Feel Ads Are a Worthy Trade-Off for a Free and Valuable Service
Media Assets Available for Download HERE
TORONTO, April 5, 2023 /CNW/ --Paramount is pleased to share the findings of Free, Easy, FAST, a new research study led by Paramount Global Streaming Research and Insights that explores the rapid growth of Free Ad-Supported Streaming Television (FAST) and its benefits to consumers and advertisers. The study was presented by Christian Kurz, Senior Vice President, Global Streaming Research and Insights at Paramount, as part of the Connected TV World Summit in London.
Free, Easy, FAST unpacks the reasons viewers embrace FAST platforms, what makes FAST so unique, and the users' sentiments towards advertising on FAST services. Spanning both quantitative and qualitative research, more than 5,000 consumers ages 18-64 were surveyed and interviewed across eight markets including Brazil, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the UK.
The study demonstrates that the rapid growth of FAST services is fueled by different elements: FAST is perceived by users as easy to use, giving them a sense of uplift throughout the day and addressing viewers' needs in a unique way that complements other streaming services. The findings of the study also prove the potential power of FAST services for advertisers, for whom free ad-supported streaming television presents an exciting and new opportunity to uncover.
Key Research Findings Amongst Canadian Consumers Include:
FAST services are easy to use, and take the stress out of deciding what to watch
- Discovering content on FAST services is simple for over 78 per cent of the users interviewed
- 71 per cent of them like the fact they don't need to think about what to watch, it's just on
FAST services give users a break, a reward, and a chance to reset and recharge
- Not only do 74 per cent of FAST users agree that "it gives me a break or a reward during my day," they are 1.6 times more likely than users of other services to agree that "it gives me a boost, re-energizes me."
FAST services act as a companion no matter their mood in the moment
- For 63 per cent of the people interviewed, the service acts as a companion throughout the day
- 74% per cent of consumers agree that, whatever their mood, there's always something to watch
Most users are amazed by the quality and quantity of content
- 85 percent of users agree that good quality content can be accessed for free
- Over 80 percent of people interviewed are surprised by the amount of content you can watch for free
The combination of on demand and live TV on FAST is very popular with users
- Roughly 7.5 in 10 FAST users say they 'love' having live TV and on demand on one service
FAST services present an exciting and new opportunity for advertisers
- 72 per cent of FAST users agree that the ads on FAST are part of the overall viewing experience
Pluto TV proves to be a key player in the category, demonstrating the potential power of FAST services
- Pluto TV users are far more likely to have enjoyed their most recent ad experience on Pluto TV than on non-FAST services.
- Ads on Pluto TV are seen as better quality, more relevant, and interesting
- Quality, relevance and interest are nearly twice as high as non-FAST services
- Ads on Pluto TV are also more likely to inspire consumer trust, generating twice as much trust as ads on social media
- Pluto TV users are attractive consumers; they are big spenders and will pay premium for products
Advertising on Pluto TV impacts all stages of the decision journey
- From sparking interest to 'sealing the deal': ads on Pluto TV helped more than 30 per cent of users discover a new product
- Nearly 20 per cent said ads on Pluto TV helped them narrow down and make the final purchase decision
- More than 71 per cent of users are open to hearing about new brands when using FAST services
For more information on the global research study, please visit: https://insights.paramount.com/post/free-easy-fast/.
In Canada, Corus Entertainment Inc. is the ad representative for Pluto TV, Paramount's world-renowned FAST service. For more information on advertising opportunities with Pluto TV, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pluto TV is available for free, with no registration or subscription required. Canadian users can watch Pluto TV via web at www.pluto.tv, via the Pluto TV app for Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Android TV, Chromecast, Samsung and LG devices, and via mobile apps on the App Store and Google Play.
SOURCE: Free, Easy, FAST. March 2023. Paramount Global Streaming Research and Insights. 5,000 online nationally representative sample aged 18-64. Countries: Brazil, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, UK.
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media, streaming and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, Paramount's portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+ and Pluto TV. Paramount holds one of the industry's most extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution, and advertising solutions.
For more information about Paramount, please visit www.paramount.com and follow @ParamountCo on social platforms.
About Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a Paramount Company, is the leading free streaming television service delivering hundreds of live linear channels and thousands of titles on-demand to a global audience of 79 million monthly active users. The Emmy ® award-winning service curates a diverse lineup of channels, in partnership with over 400 international media companies, offering a wide array of genres, languages and categories featuring movies, television series, sports, news, lifestyle, kids and much more. Pluto TV can be easily accessed and streamed across mobile, web and connected TV devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV's growing international footprint extends across three continents and over 35 markets.
About Corus Entertainment Inc.
Corus Entertainment Inc. (TSX: CJR.B) is a leading media and content company that develops and delivers high quality brands and content across platforms for audiences around the world. Engaging audiences since 1999, the company's portfolio of multimedia offerings encompass 33 specialty television services, 39 radio stations, 15 conventional television stations, digital and streaming services, animation software, technology and media services. Corus is an internationally-renowned content creator and distributor through Nelvana, a world class animation studio expert in all formats and Corus Studios, a globally recognized producer of hit scripted and unscripted content. The company also owns full-service social digital agency so.da, lifestyle entertainment company Kin Canada, leading 2D animation software supplier Toon Boom and children's book publishing house, Kids Can Press. Corus' roster of premium brands includes Global Television, W Network, HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, Magnolia Network Canada, The HISTORY® Channel, Showcase, Adult Swim, National Geographic, Disney Channel Canada, YTV, Global News, Q107, Country 105, and CFOX, along with streaming platforms STACKTV, TELETOON+, the Global TV App and Curiouscast. Corus is the domestic advertising representative and an original content partner for Pluto TV, a Paramount Company, which is the leading free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) service. For more information visit www.corusent.com.
SOURCE Paramount (Canada)
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2023/05/c9556.html
Laura Heath Potter, email@example.com, Head of Communication, Paramount+ and Pluto TV in Canada, Michelle McTeague, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director, PR for so.da on behalf of Pluto TV