Dr. Francis Dube reports
ZENYATTA PROVIDES GRAPHENE MARKET DEVELOPMENT UPDATE
Zenyatta Ventures Ltd. has provided an update on its graphene market development work which has led to the creation of five significant potential market verticals for the company which include aerospace, biomedical, water treatment, transportation and civil engineering.
Graphene is an emerging market opportunity with many potential applications. The challenge for a new supplier like Zenyatta is to define the priority market segments offering the best value creation potential. Zenyatta is tackling this challenge by working in close collaboration with researchers both in industry and in academia. From the work done by the Zenyatta team over just the past six months, the company is now actively collaborating with 22 industrial end-users and 10 Canadian universities. The company is also receiving significant interest from multiple Canadian government agencies which have already directly contributed over $2-million to the company's graphene research and development work.
Dr. Francis Dube, co-chief executive officer, commented: "Our model of bringing together end-users with specific graphene-related opportunities and researchers from top Canadian universities to provide industry specific graphene solutions is proving to be attractive to all parties. We are creating win-win-win scenarios for everyone involved as we help solve industry challenges in delivering the power of graphene to end-users. Our work is also bringing leading-edge research projects to Canadian academia and creating demand for our graphene products while developing potentially valuable intellectual property (IP) protected inventions. The work being done across the country has the potential to make Canada a leader in the emerging clean technology-oriented graphene industry."
The company's graphene solutions and the potential economic benefit that they can bring to the Canadian economy has attracted the attention of several government agencies that are supporting innovation, sustainability and new clean technology. The company will continue to work with the government program co-ordinators for the opportunities that its unique Albany graphite product offers for innovative nano-materials applications. This effort is led by the company's Ottawa-based outreach program co-ordinator, Monique Manaigre.
The market development work is being led by the company's head of sales, Phil Chataigneau, along with research catalyst Colin van der Kuur. Their combined efforts have led to the development of the five most significant potential graphene market verticals.
- Graphene light-weighting, hydrogen applications, lightning strike protection, composite enhancement, solid state heat sinks, solid state wiring, leading-edge/wing de-icing, ceramic armour, radar/sonar absorption, technical/smart fabrics, personal body armour, graphene oxide (GO) in jet fuel and lighter cargo containers.
- Oncology treatment using graphene quantum dots (GQD) to deliver targeted therapies;
- Diabetes, other standard diagnostic testing with functionalized GO sensors.
- Graphene-based desalination membranes and other water purification products.
- Applications with auto makers and resin manufacturers for: heat sinks and lightweighting, graphene wires for electric motors, graphene 3-D printing apps to deliver weight savings, (GO) fuel additives (diesel and jet fuel), hydrogen economy: fuel cells, electrolysis units, next-generation fuel cells with graphene 3-D printed circuits and graphene plates.
- Graphene additive in cement/concrete;
- Graphene in roads/surfacing products.
In recognition of the excellent progress made by the company's market development team over the past six months, the board of directors has approved the grant of 50,000 incentive stock options grant to each of these three individuals. These options will be priced at 40 cents per share. One-third of the options vested on the date of their grant, one-third of the options will vest six months following the date of grant and the balance will vest on the one-year anniversary of the date of grant. The options have a term of two years and are subject in all respects to the terms of the company's incentive stock option plan and the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange.
About Zenyatta Ventures Ltd.
Zenyatta's Albany graphite project hosts a large and unique quality deposit of highly crystalline graphite. Independent labs in Japan, United Kingdom, Israel, United States and Canada have demonstrated that Zenyatta's Albany graphite/Naturally Pure easily converts (exfoliates) to graphene using a variety of simple mechanical and chemical methods. The deposit is located in Northern Ontario just 30 kilometres north of the Trans-Canada Highway, near the communities of Constance Lake First Nation and Hearst.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2019 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.