Mr. David Shpilt reports
INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS SECURES EXCLUSIVE MASTER LICENSE FOR REVOLUTIONARY CANNABINOID EXTRACTION TECHNOLOGY; TO INTEGRATE ACROSS THE EU AND INDIA
ICC International Cannabis Corp. has secured the exclusive European master licence to the Affinity Alpha unit, a revolutionary cannabinoid extraction system. The Affinity unit deploys a two-phase extraction process to facilitate the mass production of highly purified THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol) and terpene extracts at 10 times the throughput of conventional extraction technologies.
The Affinity unit leverages patented and proprietary molecular imprinting (MIP) and advanced processing nanotechnologies to provide:
- Near-quantitative levels of purity;
- Product uniformity and predictability;
- Continuous process flow;
- Nil production bottlenecks.
International Cannabis plans to integrate the Affinity unit into its vertically integrated cannabis asset portfolio spanning 20 countries across four continents, resulting in optimized production efficacy of its proprietary formulations and form factors.
Developed by Atom Energy Inc., in collaboration with Sixth Wave Innovations Inc. (6W) the Affinity unit leverages a portfolio of patented 6W technologies uniquely formulated for high-volume inorganic applications. Sixth Wave has amassed patents in over 40 countries for its proprietary MIP and advanced processing nanotechnologies.
The company will also leverage the Affinity unit to expedite postharvest production of finished goods from of its existing extraction-ready CBD inventories in Germany, Switzerland, Serbia and Croatia.
The Affinity unit's industry-leading throughput, coupled with the company's feedstock inventories and supply agreements will equip ICC with a secure pipeline of superior CBD concentrates and hemp oils for the distribution with commensurate cost savings and virtually unlimited scalability. Moreover, cannabinoid losses associated with existing process steps to get to isolate will be virtually eliminated using Affinity technology increasing yield by 40 to 50 per cent depending on implementation.
A comprehensive bolt-on extraction platform, the Affinity unit is designed to seamlessly integrate into existing industry production circuits. The Affinity unit is equipped with automated extraction infrastructure and advanced standard operating procedures (SOPs), resulting in:
- Reduced capital and operating expenditures:
- Consolidated extraction stages/phases into a unified, intuitive operating unit boasting a continuous internal-extraction circuit without intermediate batch processing prerequisites;
- Streamlined processes to convert raw plant extracts into highly purified/separated THC, CBD and terpene extracts;
High-volume production capabilities:
- Efficient processing of mass inputs for all varieties of feedstock;
- Improved extraction efficacy and standardization;
Precise total quality management methodologies;
- Advanced assurance of safety protocols;
David Shpilt, chief executive officer of International Cannabis, stated: "The integration of the Affinity unit across ICC's global operating units will optimize ICC's multipronged CBD strategy, thereby maximizing rents while cornering high-growth consumer segments. A proprietary two-phase extraction process, equipped with 10 times the conventional industry throughput will permit ICC to bring its superior product formulations to market at an expedited rate; further actualizing its first mover reputation across the European Union.
"Access to the exclusive master licence arms International Cannabis with the capability to monetize each and every deployment of the Affinity unit across the EU."
Under the terms of the ROFR, ICC has been granted the first-in-line option to acquire the exclusive master licensing rights for the deployment and use of the Affinity technology throughout the sovereign states and dependent territories of Europe.
The master rights, to be fully defined in a mutually agreeable master licence agreement (MLA), to be executed by the parties concurrent with the execution of the ROFR, will allow the following exclusive rights to accrue to ICC:
- Direct use licence -- a licence to deploy the Affinity technology on a direct-use basis via ICC-operated facilities within the master territory;
- Authority to sublicense -- the authority to grant sublicences for the use of the Affinity technology throughout the master territory, and to collect a metered royalty rate based on the biomass volumes processed by all sublicensees using the Affinity technology platform.
Under the terms of the ROFR and subject to the completion of mutually agreeable licence agreements between the parties pertaining to special strategic process locations, ICC will have additional licence rights not contemplated by the master territory:
- India -- the right to establish ICC-operated facilities within the Republic of India, without the obligation or right of sublicensing; ICC additionally granted first-mover status within India, with an option to install the first Affinity technology processing site within that jurisdiction, ahead of all other prospective licensees;
- Greece -- parties have agreed that Greece will be a special exclusion from the defined master territory, with ICC having the right to establish ICC-operated facilities in that jurisdiction, without the obligation or right of sublicensing.
Under the terms of the agreement, ICC has agreed to pay $3.5-million in common shares in the capital of ICC upon the exercise of the ROFR and the concurrent MLA. As a condition precedent of the payment of the consideration, Atom has agreed to deliver the first Affinity purification unit to ICC for use within the master territory, to the satisfaction of ICC.
In addition to the foregoing, ICC has agreed to invest $1.5-million in Atom at an issue price of 75 cents per share, to close on or before May 31, 2019.
A finder's fee is payable on this transaction.
About ICC International Cannabis Corp.
ICC International Cannabis, through its subsidiaries, has operating assets and is developing a world-class platform for cultivation, extraction, formulation and distribution across the globe in the United Kingdom, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland, Germany, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Malta, Colombia, Argentina, Australia, South Africa and Lesotho.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2019 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.