Mr. Paul Kuhn reports
AVRUPA DRILLS 28.95 METERS OF 0.48% COPPER AND 0.77 G/T GOLD AT SESMARIAS
Avrupa Minerals Ltd. has released drilling results from its 100-per-cent-owned Sesmarias prospect, located on the Alvalade licence in the pyrite belt of southern Portugal. This program explored new sectors of the Sesmarias prospect and confirmed a new exploration and mineralization model for the district. The company completed six holes totalling 2,498 metres and reported on successful progress in an earlier news release dated Feb. 11, 2019.
Highlights from the program include the following results:
- SES026 intercepted 28.95 metres of 0.48 per cent copper, 0.77 gram per tonne gold, 15.7 parts per million silver, 0.52 per cent lead and 1.31 per cent zinc.
- SES026 extended the "10" lens by 300 metres to the north from previous drilling.
- The 10 lens is now at 600 metres by 300 metres by 25 metres.
- Mise-a-la-masse (MALM) geophysical anomalism extends another 150 metres past the SES026 location.
- SES028 intercepted the edge of a significant feeder zone stockwork beneath the "8" lens. Assays indicated anomalous gold, silver, copper, lead and zinc throughout the entire length of the stockwork from 373.4 metres to 460.8 metres in depth.
- Discovered a possible new mineralized horizon in SES026, located above the 10 lens, and intersected it again in SES027 and SES029.
- Confirmed that the high-grade "2" lens is a fault-bounded fragment of massive sulphide mineralization with origin yet to be determined. Hole SES003, drilled previously on this target, is now also being assayed and will be reported shortly.
- Continued relogging of historic drill holes has upgraded targets in the northern portions of the Sesmarias prospect.
- Each hole drilled in this exploration phase of the project has enhanced the revamping of the exploration model. Combined with strong assay results in SES026, in particular, the information will be used in the next drill targeting exercise for this large area.
Paul W. Kuhn, president and chief executive officer of Avrupa Minerals, commented: "Avrupa Minerals is excited about the continued positive results of the drilling on the 10 lens. We have substantially increased the size and volume of known massive sulphide mineralization, as well as intercepted continued base and precious metal mineralization. With only seven holes into the lens itself, six of which intercepted between 15 and 58 metres of massive sulphides, we see plenty of further potential to upgrade the known prospect at Sesmarias. Discovery of the stockwork system in SES028 further supports that the Sesmarias system is a robust mineralizing event. We look forward to our next phase of the program."
SES026 intercepted 28.95 metres of massive sulphide mineralization grading 0.48 per cent copper and 0.77 gram per tonne gold, extending the 10 massive sulphide lens to at least 600 metres in strike length. The top seven metres of the intercept contained higher-grade silver, copper, lead and zinc, followed by a nine-metre interval of 1.09 grams per tonne gold, as shown in the attached table. The hole was collared on a geophysical anomaly that extends a further 150 metres beyond the SES026 location. At this time, the estimated average dimensions of the 10 lens are 600 metres long by 300 metres wide by 25 metres thick. The mineralization is open to the east boundary fault as well as to the west intersection of the Devonian host rocks and the Tertiary gravels. The lens appears to be cut by postmineral dikes to the north and remains open to the south, though faulting may truncate the lens about 100 metres south of SES021.
RESULTS FROM SES026
SES026 From (m) To (m) Intercept (m) Au (g/t) Ag (ppm) Cu (%) Pb (%) Zn (%)
Total lens 385.70 414.65 28.95 0.77 15.7 0.48 0.52 1.31
Base metal zone 385.70 392.70 7.00 0.52 19.0 0.66 0.57 1.44
Gold zone 392.70 401.70 9.00 1.09 13.7 0.40 0.50 1.31
Mineralization in SES026 showed significantly higher gold values, compared with previous drilling on the 10 lens, as shown in the attached table, as well as slightly higher overall copper values.
PREVIOUS DRILL RESULTS ON THE 10 LENS
Drill hole From (m) To (m) Intercept (m) Au (g/t) Ag (ppm) Cu (%) Pb (%) Zn (%)
SES010 228.40 286.25 57.85 0.45 25.1 0.32 0.61 1.95
SES019 263.50 315.20 51.70 0.40 17.35 0.44 0.75 2.71
Including 264.15 299.05 34.90 0.38 20.67 0.40 0.99 3.46
And 280.45 290.95 10.50 0.37 21.71 0.36 1.71 5.18
SES020 277.85 287.55 9.70 0.47 24.70 0.25 0.57 0.99
297.70 319.95 22.25 0.53 20.54 0.55 0.59 0.66
325.00 334.10 9.10 0.68 11.31 0.32 0.14 0.52
337.85 356.65 18.80 0.26 6.40 0.33 0.14 0.64
SES021 262.85 277.65 14.80 0.43 9.82 0.36 0.29 0.40
SES022 323.90 376.00 52.10 0.62 17.31 0.43 0.49 0.98
SES028 hit 87.4 metres of stockwork quartz-iron-sulphide veining that marks the possible edge of a feeder zone for the previously discovered 8 lens. Assays indicated anomalous gold, silver, copper, lead and zinc throughout the entire length of the stockwork (from 373.40 metres to 460.80 metres in depth, beneath the 8 lens). Examples of variable intervals of anomalism are provided in the attached table.
From (m) To (m) Total (m) Au (ppm) Ag (ppm) Cu (ppm) Pb (%) Zn (%)
373.40 399.95 26.55 - - - 0.09 -
373.40 405.65 32.25 - - - - 0.3
379.20 387.60 8.40 0.26 - - - -
393.40 398.30 4.90 0.28 - - - -
444.30 460.80 16.50 - 8.8 - 0.24 0.44
447.30 460.80 13.50 - - 0.18 - -
SES026, SES027 and SES029 intersected a horizon of stockwork quartz-sulphide veining located 20 metres to 40 metres above the 10 lens. While mostly iron sulphides, the location of the horizon suggests potential for another possible mineral layer in the Sesmarias massive sulphide system.
About Avrupa Minerals Ltd.
Avrupa Minerals is a growth-oriented junior exploration and development company directed to discovery of mineral deposits using a prospect generator model. The company holds one 100-per-cent-owned, self-financed flagship project -- the Alvalade volcanogenic massive sulphide project. Avrupa focuses its project generation work in politically stable and prospective regions of Europe, including Portugal, Kosovo and Germany.
This news release was prepared by company management, which takes full responsibility for its content. Mr. Kuhn, a licensed professional geologist and a registered member of the Society of Mining Engineers, is a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 of the Canadian Securities Administrators. He has reviewed the technical disclosure in this release. Mr. Kuhn, the qualified person, has also prepared and supervised the preparation or approval of the scientific and technical content in the news release.
© 2020 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.