Mr. Brandon Boddy reports
AGRAFLORA ORGANICS PROVIDES OPERATIONAL UPDATE AND SALES LICENSE GUIDANCE AT AAA HEIDELBERG CRAFT CANNABIS FACILITY
Agraflora Organics International Inc. has provided the following operational update and sales licensing guidance at its wholly owned AAA Heidelberg craft cannabis cultivation facility located in London, Ont.:
Activation of two flower rooms for the cultivation of ultrapremium, craft cannabis flower;
- Completed installation of grow lights, grow tables and fans for mother and veg rooms;
Planned import of a portfolio of high-end cultivars under a declaration from Health Canada;
- Anticipated inaugural harvest for the fourth quarter of 2019;
- Completed interior and exterior caulking and sealing of GPP walls and floors;
Anticipated export permit application in the third quarter of 2019.
AAA Heidelberg is a licensed cannabis cultivation facility under Health Canada's Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). The AAA Heidelberg facility is equipped with five partitioned flower rooms, affording the company ample canopy earmarked for ultrapremium craft cannabis cultivation.
Upon completion of a test harvest, as well as the associated test crop submissions and approvals from Health Canada, Agraflora plans to apply for both sales and processing licences at its AAA Heidelberg craft cannabis facility, with the objective of producing finished cannabis form factors for domestic distribution including, soft gels, tinctures, distillates and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) oils.
To further its vertically integrated mandate, Agraflora is also contemplating establishing an on-site dispensary at the AAA Heidelberg facility, per pending Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations, capitalizing on a potential 1.5-million-consumer catchment area within a 90-minute radius. London, Ont., is Canada's 11th largest metropolitan area and is tactically located at the nexus of Toronto, Ontario, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, N.Y., affording the company a lucrative opportunity to capture a significant portion of the cannabis tourism marketplace.
Agraflora is also considering submitting an application under Health Canada's Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations in accordance with Subsection 11(5) of the Cannabis Regulations, which would permit the company to engage in the following value-added activities:
- The sale and distribution of dried cannabis, fresh cannabis, cannabis plants and cannabis plant seeds to any of the following licence holders: microcultivation, standard cultivation, processing, analytical testing, research or cannabis drug licence;
The sale and distribution of cannabis plants and cannabis plant seeds to a holder of a licence for a nursery;
- The sale and distribution of cannabis plants and cannabis plant seeds, which are cannabis products, to: a holder of a licence for sale, or a person authorized to sell cannabis under a provincial act by reason of Subsection 69(1) of the act;
- The sale and delivery of cannabis plants and cannabis plant seeds, which are cannabis products, to the purchaser of the products at the request of: a person authorized to sell cannabis under a provincial act by reason of Subsection 69(1) of the act, or a holder of a licence for sale.
Successful receipt of the above-stated licence would allow Agraflora to immediately engage in business-to-business (B2B) sales to its strategic partners and/or other qualified licence holders under the Cannabis Act and accompanying Cannabis Regulations.
Brandon Boddy, chairman and chief executive officer of Agraflora, stated: "The activation of two flower rooms at our 100-per-cent-owned and -operated AAA Heidelberg craft cannabis facility will act as a springboard for our complementary Health Canada licensing initiatives. The marriage of superior product formulation capabilities, extensive CPG/branded product market entrance experience and unique CBD/THC distribution infrastructure will permit continued brand loyalty for Agraflora's product suite, while addressing priority medical conditions within the domestic cannabis theatre and beyond."
About Agraflora Organics International Inc.
Agraflora is a growth-oriented and diversified company focused on the international cannabis industry. It owns an indoor cultivation operation in London, Ont., and is a joint venture partner in Propagation Service Canada and its large-scale 2.2-million-square-foot greenhouse complex in Delta, B.C. The company has a successful record of creating shareholder value and is actively pursuing other opportunities within the cannabis industry.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2019 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.