- The Monterrey (+9.9%), Ciudad Juárez (+22.6%), and Culiacán (+12.6%) airports contributed most to traffic growth
MONTERREY, Mexico, June 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (NASDAQ: OMAB; BMV: OMA), reports that terminal passenger traffic at its 13 airports increased 12.1% in May 2019, as compared to May 2018. Domestic traffic increased 12.4%, and international traffic increased 9.6%.
| ||May-2018||May-2019||Change %||Jan - May|
|Jan - May|
|OMA Total||1,788,633||2,004,609||12.1 ||8,473,950||9,044,856||6.7 |
|* Terminal passengers: includes passengers on the three types of aviation (commercial, charter, and general aviation), and excludes passengers in transit.|
During May 2019, domestic traffic increased in all of our airports, with the largest increases in:
- Monterrey (+9.5%) as a result of increased traffic on the Mexico City, Cancún, and Guadalajara routes.
- Ciudad Juárez (+22.5%) due to increased traffic on the Mexico City route.
- Culiacán (+12.4%), benefitted from increases in the number of passengers on the Tijuana, Mexico City, and Guadalajara routes.
- Chihuahua (+12.7%) due to increased traffic on the Mexico City route.
- Mazatlán (+18.5%) as a result of increased traffic on the Mexico City and Tijuana routes.
Internationaltraffic grew in eleven airports in April, with the largest increase in Monterrey (+12.3%), as a result of increases in the number of passengers on the Houston route.
In May 2019, there was no opening of new national and international routes.
Of total passenger traffic, 99.3% was commercial, and 0.7% was general aviation.
For OMA’s complete traffic report, include tables, please visit http://ir.oma.aero/traffic-reports.
Chief Financial Officer
Ruffo Pérez Pliego
+52 (81) 8625 4300
+52 (81) 8625 4308
© 2019 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.