No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 20, 20141
Mountain Province Diamonds is working on a new resource estimate for Tuzo. Kennady Diamonds and North Arrow Minerals are processing bulk samples. Commerce Resources is working to cut expenses at its proposed Ashram rare earth mine in Quebec.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Sean Caulfeild's Maestro Capital will list on the TSX-V Thursday, making it the 10th capital pool shell to list this year. Ron Schmeichel has filed a final prospectus for his capital pool shell, Mira IV Acquisition, and he is now in the process of selling a $1-million IPO.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Bellatrix Exploration and Rock Energy court investors in Colorado. PanTerra Resource arranges its third acquisition in three months. Securityholders of Arcan Resources reject a complicated rescue offer from Aspenleaf Energy.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 20, 2014
Jonathan Awde raises more money for Gold Standard's work in Nevada, where his former boss, Michel David, is struggling. Quaterra options yet another project to Freeport-McMoRan. Gianni Kovacevic returns from summer vacation to close a $1.5-million financing at two cents.
- SEC target Wheeler pleads guilty to tax charges
SEC target Christopher Wheeler has pleaded guilty to criminal tax charges, as expected. Prosecutors claim that he failed to file income taxes for three years in which he made $11.95-million (U.S.).
- Shell Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Simon Yakubowicz's first capital pool shell, Cluny Capital, will list on the TSX-V Wednesday. Paul Cox's Adent Capital has conditional approval from the exchange to acquire Proxima Diamonds, a Northwest Territories diamond explorer, as its QT.
- Energy Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Activist investor Orange Capital pushes for change at Bellatrix Exploration. Strategic Oil woos investors in Denver. Leucrotta Exploration begins its life on the TSX-V, and Neil Young and Willie Nelson promote an anti-Keystone concert in a cornfield.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Aug. 19, 2014
Dominion Diamond has had a sparkling second quarter at Ekati and Diavik. Eagle Plains Resources is hunting gems on a Saskatchewan gold play. Caribou King Resources plans more sampling at Buckingham. Orocobre's Olaroz mine is nearly complete.
- Gold Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
Amarillo Gold arranges a 5,000-ounce gold loan as it continues to await permits. Riverside Resources hires Greg Myers as VP of exploration. Arian Resources looks to part with a majority of Perlat, and new consultant Jim Belushi books an HBO show.
- Shell Summary for Aug. 18, 2014
John O'Sullivan and Don Wright's capital pool shell, Cinaport Acquisition, plans to soon complete its acquisition of Mettrum Ltd., a licensed producer of medical marijuana. Mettrum has already closed a $34.5-million private placement in connection with the QT.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Great Plains Holdings to Attend ABC Kids Expo in Las Vegas
- Dicerna Announces the Issuance of Multiple Patents Covering Claims for Dicer Substrate siRNAs
- Five Below To Open First Brooklyn Store
- United Airlines Makes Significant New Investment in In-flight Food and Beverage Service
- Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide Nominated for Agency of the Year by the PM360 Trailblazer Awards
- Wipro Launches Global Customer Experience Center
- UPS Announces Two New Dallas-Fort Worth Buildings
- UPS Opens New Distribution Facility in McKinney
- Suntech Power Holdings Provides Update With Respect to Restructuring in Europe
- StationDigital Corporation Announces 17.6471 to 1 Forward Stock Split
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Western Forest increases offering to $200-million
Western Forest Products Inc. and Brookfield Special Situations Management Ltd. have increased Western Forest's offering to $200-million. The offering now comprises 80 million $2.50 shares.
- Van Sun/CP say Sears Canada loses $21.3-million in Q2
- Mediterranean arranges up to $1.5-million placement
Mediterranean Resources Ltd. has arranged a $1-million to $1.5-million private placement of units at five cents. It will use the proceeds to apply for permits, for exploration and drilling, and for working capital.
- Fjordland, Sumac increase Dillard drilling to 4,500 m
Fjordland Exploration Inc. and Sumac Mines Ltd. have increased the planned diamond drilling program at the Dillard project to 4,500 metres from 2,500 metres. The additional drilling will test anomalous zones at Dillard East.
- Emgold leases Buckskin Rawhide East to Rawhide Mining
Emgold Mining Corp. has leased its Buckskin Rawhide East property to Rawhide Mining LLC for 20 years. It will receive advance royalty payments of $10,000 per year.
- Park Lawn closes $6.5-million offering
Park Lawn Corp. has closed its $6.5-million offering of 685,000 $9.50 shares. It will use the proceeds for the completion of the mausoleum addition at the Westminster Cemetery, Mausoleum and Cremation Centre.
- Northern Abitibi's Ches exploration halted by wildfire
Northern Abitibi Mining Corp.'s planned exploration program at its Ches property in B.C. has been indefinitely delayed because of the Chelaslie River wildfire. The fire currently covers 113,000 hectares, and has burned the entire area under the Ches claims.
- Argentex releases NI 43-101 Pinguino resource estimate
Argentex Mining Corp. has released an NI 43-101-compliant resource estimate for the Pinguino property, Argentina. The study shows indicated resources of 26.71 million ounces AgEq and inferred resources of 6.95 million ounces AgEq.
- FP says Athabasca could be waiting in vain for cheque
- Post says U.K.'s David Cameron gives BlackBerry a plug
Click here for more Canadian headlines.