- Shell Summary for March 7, 2014
Tweed Inc., the QT target of LW Capital, and the first public pot shop, has had little trouble rounding up high-profile Toronto investors for its company. Murray Sinclair and Brian Bayley's Nebo Capital cancels its QT and will transfer to the NEX.
- Gold Summary for March 7, 2014
Timmins Gold doubles its mine life in Mexico. Magellan Minerals welcomes Ross Beaty as joint venturer. Global Resources Investment Trust finally list on the LSE, and Tirex Resources and Anglo Swiss hope to have over $5-million shortly.
- IIROC reaches $60,000 settlement with Dickson
IIROC has imposed a $60,000 fine and a five-year supervisory ban on Gordon Dickson, the former manager of Canaccord Genuity Corp.'s Kelowna office. His branch put clients into unsuitable mining investments and risky options.
- Energy Summary for March 7, 2014
Penn West pleases the market despite posting a higher-than-expected loss. Ottawa approves Talisman Energy's $1.5-billion Montney sale. Bellatrix Exploration increases its reserves, and Touchstone Exploration and Petrobank Energy agree to combine.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 7, 2014
Shore Gold lists another billion tonnes of kimberlite as a target for further exploration but needs $2-billion to mine what it already has. Durango Resources is cutting back but remains high on graphite. American Vanadium needs a new CEO.
- Shell Summary for March 6, 2014
Robert Sim's Bold Stroke Ventures has until March 13, 2014, to acquire Upfile Services as its QT. The shell is still working on closing a $750,000 private placement.
- Gold Summary for March 6, 2014
Kinross faces a union strike in Chile. Sabina Gold has $58-million for a Back River feasibility study, and Claude Resources must improve gold production in Saskatchewan without its president, Neil McMillan.
- Energy Summary for March 6, 2014
Legacy Oil and Artek Exploration rise on pleasing year-end reserve reports. Argent Energy takes a beating from analysts. Canacol Energy successfully tests a shale well in Colombia, and Frank Giustra increases his interest in Petromanas Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for March 6, 2014
Kennady Diamonds is hitting kimberlite in infill drilling at Kelvin. A mini-bulk test will follow. Northaven sees merit but no title documents with a Brazilian diamond play. Shield Gold is buying a Quebec graphite project from Rock Tech Lithium.
- Energy Summary for March 5, 2014
TransGlobe Energy sees a lower profit in 2013, and officially announces a dividend. BNK Petroleum releases a reserve report and arranges a $35-million bought deal. PRD Energy plunges on poor test results in Germany.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Stockwatch US Headlines
- VeroLube Enters into Agreement to Acquire Thermo Fluids from Nuverra Environmental Solutions for $175 Million
- ING U.S. Files Registration Statement with Securities and Exchange Commission for Public Offering of Common Stock
- Inuvo, Inc. Reports 2013 Full Year Financial Results of $55 Million in Revenue and an Improvement of $7.5 Million in Net Income Year-Over-Year
- New Mountain Finance Corporation Schedules its First Quarter 2014 Earnings Release and Dividend Announcement
- Acadia Realty Trust Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Performant Financial Corporation Announces Attendance at Credit Suisse Global Services Conference
- Global High Income Fund Inc. – Distribution Declaration and Updated Price & Distribution Rate Information
- Managed High Yield Plus Fund Inc. – Dividend Declaration and Updated Price and Yield Information
- Strategic Global Income Fund, Inc. – Distribution Declaration and Updated Price & Distribution Rate Information
- American Midstream Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results
Click here for more US headlines.
- Copper North arranges $800,000 financing
Copper North Mining Corp. intends to raise $800,000 by selling 16 million units at five cents. The money is to complete a review of the Carmacks project. The review will include evaluating the potential to recover gold and silver as well as copper.
- Catalyst Paper arranges loan to retire 2016 notes
Catalyst Paper Corp. is arranging a $20-million term loan maturing July 31, 2017. The loan will finance the retirement of $19.4-million (U.S.) in secured floating-rate notes due 2016. Catalyst Paper's PIK Toggle noteholders have approved the transaction.
- Athabasca Nuclear director Chappell resigns
Athabasca Nuclear Corp. director Barry Chappell has resigned from the board. The company has also granted options to buy 600,000 shares to its board, exercisable at 15 cents for five years.
- Legumex Walker to release 2013 results March 24
Legumex Walker Inc. will release its 2013 financial results on March 24, 2014. The company will hold a conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET on March 25, 2014.
- ME Resource grants options to buy 650,000 shares
ME Resource Corp. has granted options to buy 650,000 shares at 28.5 cents per share for four months. The company granted the options to its service providers and consultants.
- Rodinia Lithium arranges $500,000 private placement
Rodinia Lithium Inc. has arranged a $500,000 private placement. The company will use the proceeds to continue development of its Salar de Diablillos property in Argentina and for working capital.
- Total Energy to pay six-cent dividend April 30
Total Energy Services Inc. will pay a quarterly dividend of six cents a share on April 30, 2014. The dividend is payable to shareholders of record on March 31, 2014.
- Great Atlantic re-evaluates Keymet drill program
Great Atlantic Resources Corp. is re-evaluating its drill program at the Keymet gold/lead/zinc/silver property in Bathurst, N.B. Drilling at the shear zone returned worse results than what was seen on the surface.
- Sage Gold agreement with Global Resources
Sage Gold Inc. has filed with the TSX-V its agreement to acquire 165,975 shares of Global Resources Investment Trust PLC in exchange for six million units of the company.
- Woulfe Mining lists on CSE
Woulfe Mining Corp. is listing on the CSE on March 11, 2014, under the symbol WOF.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.