No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Gold Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Dalradian Resources rises after arranging a financing with Ross Beaty. The mining promoter says he is bullish on gold juniors and renewable energy this year. Sandstorm Gold talks up 10 new royalties, only one of which is of much interest.
- Shell Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Peter Hughes's BHK Resources completes its QT by acquiring the Ndjole manganese and gold property in Gabon. The company paid $1.5-million (U.S.) in cash for the property.
- Energy Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Canadian Oil Sands is headed for another dividend cut, say analysts. Rock Energy lowers its budget, and EnCana and Cenovus say they may do the same. Junex jumps on test results in Quebec. Keystone XL supporters predict U.S. Senate passage by the weekend.
- SEC wins $10-million (U.S.) order against Oppenheimer
The SEC has won $10-million (U.S.) in penalties for Oppenheimer & Co. for facilitating suspicious offshore trades. The SEC says that Oppenheimer allowed a Bahamian firm, Gibraltar Global Securities, to trade large volumes of 92 penny stocks.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Jan. 27, 2015
Dunnedin Ventures has declared an inferred resource at its Kahuna project. The modest amount of rock and diamonds comes from two dikes drilled by Shear Diamonds years ago. Happy Creek Minerals has tungsten assays from Fox. Geomega Resources is updating its Montviel play.
- ASC wins case over U.S. evidence-sharing
The ASC has defeated a court challenge from Calgary's Scott Beaudette, who is facing a fraud investigation relating to an OTC-BB company, Sunpeaks Ventures Inc. He had complained that the ASC could share incriminating information with U.S. prosecutors.
- Gold Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Alamos Gold drops on poor production results. Eric Sprott joins Kirkland Lake Gold as chairman. Crocodile Gold needs to increase its margins. Rockhaven has a first-ever gold resource in the Yukon.
- Shell Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
David Danziger's Aumento Capital IV will ask shareholders at a Feb. 10 meeting to approve a 1:2 rollback so it can acquire Life Choices Natural Food as its QT. Ron Schmeichel's Mira VI Acquisition has its busiest day of trading since going public last month.
- Energy Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Long Run Exploration suffers a thrashing by analysts. Questerre Energy puts about one-fifth of its production up for sale. Enerplus works to soothe dividend concerns, and Birchcliff Energy says it will have to cut its 2015 spending "significantly."
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Jan. 26, 2015
Kennady Diamonds has more diamonds from Kelvin. Peregrine Diamonds boosts its tonnage estimates at Chidliak. Great Lakes Graphite finishes drilling Lochaber. Cameo Resources touts Quebec scandium based on promotional optimism.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Metso keeps trucks moving at Boliden's Aitik mine in Sweden
- Galena Biopharma to Present at the 17th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference
- Flotek Industries, Inc. Announces Acquisition of International Artificial Lift, LLC, Expanding Flotek's Production Technologies Platform
- Great Western Bancorp, Inc. Announces Fiscal Year 2015 First Quarter Financial Results
- Great Western Bancorp, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend
- Tupperware Brands Reports Fourth Quarter Results; Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
- ConnectOne Bancorp, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2014 Results; Strong Loan Growth Continues; Merger Cost Savings Fully Realized
- Iridium and Appareo Partner to Bring Next Generation Telematics Solutions and Global Connectivity to Customers
- OTC Markets Group Welcomes SCI Engineered Materials to OTCQX®
- Booz Allen Hamilton Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Greencastle brags about Nikos neighbour's Goldcorp deal
Greencastle Resources Ltd. is bragging about one of its investment companies, Nikos Explorations Ltd. Nikos's neighbour is Probe Mines Ltd., which recently agreed to sell itself to Goldcorp Inc. for $526-million.
- Intact Financial to issue 2014 results Feb. 4
Intact Financial Corp. will issue its 2014 financial results on Feb. 4, 2015. It will host a conference call to discuss these results the same day at 11 a.m. ET.
- Hemisphere produces 1,025 boe/d over last two weeks
Hemisphere Energy Corp. produced an average of 1,025 boe per day during the last two weeks, with another 140 boe per day temporarily shut-in. The company has deferred further drilling until the second half of 2015.
- FP says Marret's Cline valuation puzzles investors
- Tamarack Valley sets 2015 budget at $47-million
Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. has set its 2015 capital budget at $47-million. It plans to spend $10.5-million during the first half of the year. Estimated production for the first quarter will be 80,000 boe/d.
- NexGen to drill up to 4,500 m at Fury on Rook I
NexGen Energy Ltd. plans to drill up to 4,500 metres at the Fury area of its Rook I property in Saskatchewan. There are six targets in the area that NexGen recently identified with a ground gravity survey. Fury is 13.5 km southeast of the Arrow zone.
- Norbord's 2014 earnings slide to $26-million (U.S.)
Norbord Inc. earned $26-million (U.S.) on sales of $1.198-billion (U.S.) in the year ended Dec. 31, 2014. This compares with earnings of $149-million (U.S.) on sales of $1.343-billion (U.S.) in the previous year.
- Globe/wire say CN to boost its dividend by 25%
- Webtech wins $2.3-million GPS contract in Maryland
Webtech Wireless Inc. has won a $2.3-million contract with Maryland State Highway Administration to provide GPS/AVL fleet management technology. The contract will include hardware installations on 2,300 vehicles and a yearly subscription.
- Globe says Hartnett play on Big 6 banks is working out
Click here for more Canadian headlines.