No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- National Bank hears Steinhoff complain about treatment
National Bank Financial Ltd. has received a response to the lawsuit it filed against Victoria adviser Carolann Steinhoff. She accuses the firm of treating her unfairly and of making her job "so miserable that she would quit."
- Shell Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Joe Tai's CWN Mining plans to option the Top gold-silver project in the Yukon as its QT. It hopes to sell a $4-million private placement of shares at 50 cents each to Chinese investors who will also take over as management of the company.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Barrick has to write down its Lumwana copper mine in Zambia for $1-billion after the country increases its royalty rate. Timmins Gold offers $30-million in cash and shares for Goldgroup's Caballo Blanco gold project in Mexico. Two-cent Red Pine has $1.5-million.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Tsodilo Resources is a happy modeller at BK16. It hopes to be just as happy as a driller. Olivut Resources would like to drill HOAM, someday soon. Houston Lake Mining has a high-grade sample from PAK. Fairmont Resources hopes to dig into Buttercup.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 18, 2014
Enerplus sets a "defensive" budget for 2015 and keeps its dividend, for now. Eagle Energy, Argent Energy and Twin Butte Energy add themselves to the list of dividend-cutters. Pan Orient Energy has an interesting new shareholder.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Ron Schmeichel's new capital pool shell, Mira VI Acquisition, will list on the TSX-V Thursday. Michael Davidson's Friday Capital plans to launch Brooks Bergreen's Hitcase as its QT, and Paul Rosen's PharmaCan Capital, a medical marijuana investment company, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Coeur Mining to merge with Paramount Gold in an all-share deal valued at $146-million. Fortuna Silver climbs on news of a mine expansion in Mexico. Atico Mining has a better-than-expected first year of production in Chile, and Mirasol aims to lower its burn rate.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Penn West and Bonavista Energy cut their dividends; Whitecap Resources does not. Pacific Rubiales sells more assets to International Finance Corp. Spyglass Resources suspends its dividend and sells an asset to the newly Canada-focused Eagle Energy.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 17, 2014
Kennady Diamonds has extended its Kelvin kimberlite. Canterra Minerals has encouraging till samples on its new diamond projects. Mason Graphite has expanded its graphite resource at Lac Gueret. Niocorp Developments has a potential off-take partner for Elk Creek.
- SEC suspends American Heritage International
The SEC has halted American Heritage International Inc., an Alberta-linked OTC-BB listing promoting electronic cigarettes. The SEC cites potential manipulative activity in the stock, which went to a $1.62 (U.S.) high in March.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Aspen Re Renews Silverton for 2015
- Farmers & Merchants Bancorp, Inc. Declares 4th Quarter Dividend
- Two Ryland Homes Atlanta Models Recognized for Best Interior Merchandising at 2014 Gold OBIE Awards
- Myriad Receives FDA Approval of BRACAnalysis CDx(TM) as Companion Diagnostic for Lynparza(TM) (olaparib) in Ovarian Cancer Patients
- IIROC Trade Resumption - theScore, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin-Built MUOS-3 Secure Communications Satellite Encapsulated In Launch Vehicle Fairing
- JPMorgan Chase Issues “How We Do Business: The Report”
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of Unum Group and Its Core U.S. Subsidiaries
- Korea's Chosun Daily Names Halla Visteon Climate Control's YH Park to Top CEO List
- Optibase Ltd. Announces Acquisition of German Supermarkets Portfolio
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Nobel acquires two industrial properties in Montreal
Nobel Real Estate Investment Trust has acquired two industrial properties in Montreal for a total of $10.65-million. The company will pay for the acquisition with a $6.97-million loan and the proceeds from a private placement.
- Cdn Bioceutical arranges $250,000 private placement
The Canadian Bioceutical Corp. has arranged a $250,000 private placement of 1.92 million shares at 13 cents. It will use the proceeds for working capital. The company has also formed a new medical marijuana subsidiary.
- New Carolin Gold completes $220,000 private placement
New Carolin Gold Corp. has completed a $220,000 private placement of 4.4 million units at five cents. It will use the proceeds for general corporate purposes.
- theScore to resume at 9:30 a.m. PT
theScore Inc. will resume at 9:30 a.m. PT on Dec. 19, 2014.
- Strateco to spin off SeqUr, amends Jasper Lake deal
Strateco Resources Inc. will distribute all 15 million shares of its subsidiary SeqUr Exploration to its shareholders. They will receive 0.069032 of a SeqUr share for every Strateco share. SeqUr and Denison have amended their deal for the Jasper Lake project.
- theScore acquires daily fantasy sports game Swoopt
theScore Inc. has acquired daily fantasy sports game Swoopt from ApptheGame Inc. theScore paid cash and issued shares as consideration, and granted options to buy 550,000 shares at 38 cents per share for 10 years.
- Big Rock Brewery releases 2014 Cuvee Bru
Big Rock Brewery Inc. has released its 2014 Alchemist Edition Cuvee Bru. The beer is only available in Alberta for a limited time.
- WPC Resources appoints Moorhouse as CFO
WPC Resources Inc. has appointed Wayne Moorhouse as CFO, effective Dec. 15, 2014, replacing Michele Pillon. Mr. Moorhouse is CFO of Midnight Sun Mining Corp. and was previously CFO of Roxgold Inc. and Genco Resources Ltd.
- Flaherty arranges buyback of up to 864,300 units
Flaherty & Crumrine Investment Grade Fixed Income Fund has arranged a buyback of up to 864,300 units. The buyback period is from Dec. 29, 2014, to Dec. 28, 2015.
- Richmond Minerals granted security for costs of appeal
Richmond Minerals Inc. has been granted security for costs of an appeal against the Swayze property decision. The court has ordered the appellants to provide $315,500.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.