by Stockwatch Business Reporter
Pure Trading was the fourth most active alternative trading system during the week ended July 6, 2012. As usual, Alpha Exchange took the lead, trading on average 97 millon shares a day for 16.3 per cent of Canadian volume. Chi-X Canada followed a little closer than usual, trading 76 million shares a day for 12.8 per cent of volume, up from 7.8 per cent last week. Dark pool Match Now came third, trading 12.4 million shares a day for 2 per cent. Then came Pure with 9.6 million shares a day for 1.6 per cent, TMX Select with seven million shares a day for 1.1 per cent and Omega ATS with 5.6 million shares for 0.9 per cent. Together, the ATSs handled 34.9 per cent of Canadian trading volume, leaving 65.1 per cent to the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange.
Looking at securities listed only on the TSX, the exchange took 62.9 per cent of volume. Alpha handled 19 per cent, Chi-X handled 10.5 per cent and the other ATSs were left with 7.6 per cent.
© 2013 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.