MKTG INC (OTCBB: MKTG) has been honoured as a global winner at Diageo's Marketing Brilliance Awards. MKTG INC, in partnership with Anomaly, Taylor PR, Carat, Colangelo and Landor Associates, won in the category of Best Integrated Campaign for the launch of Captain Morgan's 'Life, Love & Loot' campaign. Now in its fourth year, the Marketing Brilliance Awards celebrate the outstanding work created and executed by the marketing agencies Diageo works with across its global network.
This year's winning work was as diverse as it was exciting, from truly engaging responsible drinking campaigns to awe inspiring voyages across the oceans. Each of these 'gold standard' campaigns helped Diageo connect with consumers in increasingly innovative ways, providing stimulating content across a wide variety of media channels.
For the 'Live, Love & Loot' campaign, MKTG INC worked with several agency partners to create a multichannel campaign that told the story of the real Captain Henry Morgan. By focusing on the aspect of storytelling through an integrated 12-month program that spanned broadcast, interactive, social and gaming platforms and leveraging unique brand assets, this campaign successfully reinvented Captain Morgan for the drinker of today and increased momentum in brand perception which carried through to sales.
"The Captain had been a fixture in the on-premise for years but to truly integrate the campaign and maintain the integrity of the real Captain that was now being depicted in advertising we agreed that we had to make a bold move and remove him from our in-bar consumer activation," said Tom Tromba, SVP Client Services, East at MKTG INC. "The new storytelling approach has been well received across a broader range of accounts and consumers and we look forward to the continued success of the Life, Love & Loot campaign."
Andy Fennell, Chief Marketing Officer Diageo, commented, "Congratulations to all of our Marketing Brilliance Award winners. I want to thank the agency teams for pushing hard to deliver brilliant work. The quality of the winning submissions shows that we have raised the bar, both in terms of core creative ideas and in particular with standards of execution. I hope to see more and more of our campaigns, people and agencies shooting for a ten as we aim for faster growth."
The final winners as announced at the ceremony in London tonight are the following:
- Category: Responsible Drinking Campaign
- Winning agency: FoxP2
- Campaign: 'Drive Dry' (Africa)
- Category: Design & Gifting
- Winning agencies: invigor8tion and Raison Pure
- Campaign: Diamond Jubilee by Johnnie Walker & Son's (Global)
- Category: Bought
- Winning agency: Neogama-BBH
- Campaign: Johnnie Walker 'Rock' TV Campaign (LatAm)
- Category: Owned
- Winning agencies: Brain Juice Group
- Campaign: Bushmills Facebook Program Poland (Eastern Europe)
- Category: Owned
- Winning agencies: Praekelt, BCL, Carberry Communications, Endemol
- Campaign: Guinness Football Challenge (Africa)
- Category: Earned
- Winning agencies: Mindshare, Advocate, The Newtons
- Campaign: Johnnie Walker 'Keep Walking Greece' (Western Europe)
- Category: Innovation
- Winning agencies: Bloom, The Hardy Boys
- Campaign: 'Snapp' launch (Africa)
- Category: Innovation
- Winning agency: Barker Grey
- Campaign: 'Bundaberg Master Distillers Launch' (Asia Pacific)
- Category: Innovation
- Winning agencies: Landor and JWT
- Campaign: Smirnoff 'Whipped & Fluffed' product launch (North America)
- Category: Integrated category regional winner
- Winning agency partners: Anomaly, Taylor PR, Landor, MKTG, Carat and Colangelo
- Campaign: Captain Morgan Launch of 'Life, Love & Loot' Campaign (North America)
- Category: Entrepreneur
- Winning agency partners: Carat, Story PR, KK Outlet
- Campaign: Talisker Atlantic Challenge (Western Europe)
- Category: Category Development - Off Trade
- Winning agency: LOVE
- Campaign: Whisky Category Father's Day - 'Raise a Glass to Your Dad' 360 Campaign
- Category: Category Development - On Trade
- Winning agency: TMW
- Campaign: Gordon's Elderflower (Western Europe)
- Category: Special marketing leadership team award
- Winning agency partners: Edelman, Precious, Asylum
- Campaign: Johnnie Walker & Son's Voyager program (Asia Pacific)
- Best mobile campaign
- Winning agency: Anomaly
- Campaign: Captain Morgan
- Best on trade design
- Winning partner: Conran Design
- Campaign: Gordons Ten Green Bottles
About the Marketing Brilliance Awards
In November 2012, Diageo's Global Marketing Leadership Team met to review the output from its agencies, the objective being to select agencies that had delivered excellence in terms of brilliant thinking, execution and client service throughout 2012 in eight different categories, as noted below. In addition it highlighted the Talisker Atlantic Challenge for a special recognition Entrepreneur award.
- Best integrated campaign
Best example of a fully integrated campaign (engagement platform) across multiple channels, that motivates and engages consumers at all touch points and builds affinity and loyalty for the brand.
Best example of the creation/and or execution of an interruption activity (could be TV, press, outdoor, display in Duty Free/On or Off trade) that appropriately changes consumer brand perception.
Best example of the creation/and or execution of a media asset (Website, Mobile, YouTube, Email, Facebook page, Event/Sponsorship, TV programme) created for a brand that encourages consumer participation with the brand, changes brand perception, builds affinity and loyalty.
Best example of the creation/and or execution of a 'conversation' created and managed in the media (on and off line) that engages and excites the consumer to participate with a brand engagement platform or campaign.
- Promotions & Events
Best brand conversion driving programme in our customers (On or Off trade/Duty Free) with a shift in emphasis towards commercial creativity and category growth.
Best Innovation pack design, or innovation programme developed by an agency to support an innovation, with proven results.
- Design & Gifting
Best example of a brand redesign, up-charge gift, VAP design, or retail display in the on or off trade (or Duty Free).
- Responsible Drinking Campaign
Best example of a Responsible Drinking campaign in any media that engages and motivates participation.
- Category Development - ON Trade
Best execution in raising the retail experience for our categories or brands in the on trade. (This award can include work from raising the quality and creativity of merchandising visibility for our categories to elevating the consumer experience through on trade transformations).
- Category Development - OFF Trade
The best execution in raising the retail experience for our categories or brands in the off trade. (This award can include work from raising the quality and creativity of merchandising visibility for our categories to elevating the shopping experience through whole store transformations).
Best example of a brand or category mobile phone and/tablet device activity, delivered through social or mobile networks, e-commerce, search, content and ads.
Best example of a brand team maximising value from a limited budget.
- Special marketing leadership team award
An activity, campaign or program singled out for special recognition for courage and daring and challenging convention.
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, JεB, Buchanan's, Windsor and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Jose Cuervo, Tanqueray and Guinness. Diageo is a global company, with its products sold in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people and its brands, visit www.diageo.com. For Diageo's global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit www.DRINKiQ.com.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.
MKTG INC is a marketing services agency that builds national and local communities around brands by engaging consumers through experiential, digital and social media. We're uniquely designed to scale and reach impassioned audiences around the world, as well as in their own backyards. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Cincinnati, Chicago, London, Los Angeles and San Francisco, we have over 6,500 full-time brand ambassadors, 42 field offices, and produce over 70,000 brand experiences each year.
Add to DiggBookmark with del.icio.usAdd to Newsvine
For further information please contact:
T: + 44 (0) 203 047 2364
© 2015 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.