REDWOOD SHORES, CA
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that Westpac Banking Corporation (Westpac) has selected Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to support the ongoing deployment of Oracle-based Master Data Management (MDM) applications, in order to achieve the goal of having a single view of its customer information. The bank expects to improve system performance and availability and at the same time realize significant cost savings over the next five years, based on proof of concept (PoC) performance tests.
- Westpac's MDM application, which underpins all of its retail banking transactions across its multi-brand organisation, is based on Oracle's Siebel Universal Customer Master (UCM) solution. Its comprehensive functionality enables Westpac with the capability to aggregate and manage customer data over the full customer lifecycle: capture of customer data, standardization and correction of names and addresses; identification and merging of duplicate records; enrichment of the customer profile; enforcement of compliance and risk policies; and the distribution of the "single source of truth" best version customer profile to operational systems.
- The Oracle engineered systems were selected after rigorous benchmark testing that showed a significant improvement over the existing mainframe infrastructure being run by the bank with transaction volumes of 10,000 tps on a simple query against a target of 800, and response time of 29ms on a simple query against a target of 200.(1)
- Additionally, Westpac expects to achieve significant cost savings over the next five years using Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud are pre-engineered hardware and software systems and their implementation will enable Westpac to reduce the complexity of its IT infrastructure. As the systems come pre-assembled, installation can be completed in a matter of weeks rather than months.
- Oracle Exadata is designed to run high performance databases. Oracle Exalogic provides extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Java, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications and ISV applications, while delivering lower total cost of ownership, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- The new systems will be managed by Oracle Managed Cloud Services. In addition to Oracle Engineered Systems, the new platform will include: Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 11g; Oracle Database Options including Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, Advanced Security, Advanced Compression; Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c including the Cloud Management Pack for Oracle Database, and Oracle GoldenGate.
- "We are responding to the changing face of banking by significantly enhancing our branch and digital offerings," said Jeff Jacobs, Chief Technology Officer, Westpac Group. "Providing more flexible and agile branches and continuing to innovate in online and mobile are key to the success of our strategy. Oracle's platform will help us provide a single source of customer truth that delivers a consistent and high quality experience -- irrespective of how our customers choose to bank with us."
- "This collaboration with Oracle is an important piece of work for Westpac Group and builds on the high quality relationship that the two companies have enjoyed for a number of years," said Jacobs.
- "We made a commitment to providing our customers with the most comprehensive cross-stack solutions available in the market today, so that they can deliver the best possible experiences to their own customers," said Ian White, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Oracle Australia and New Zealand. "By combining the existing Oracle applications with Oracle Engineered Systems, Westpac has built on a robust platform that will deliver scalability, flexibility, reliability, security and sustainability, whilst also enabling it to reduce complexity internally and provide customer-facing applications that make things simpler for their users."
(1) Simple query result 250MM data volume, 60 minute duration, for 300 users. Results vary for complex query, number of users.
Westpac Banking Corporation (Westpac) was founded in 1817 and was the first bank established in Australia. Westpac Group has branches and controlled entities throughout Australia, New Zealand and the near Pacific region and maintains offices in key financial centres around the world including London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. Westpac is ranked in the top 5 listed companies by market capitalisation on the Australian Securities Exchange Limited (ASX). As at 30 September 2012, its market capitalisation was A$76.5 billion. About 570,000 people and institutions in Australia and overseas are Westpac shareholders.
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a superfast engineered system designed, optimized and certified for running Java, Oracle and non-Oracle business applications with simplified management, open standards compliance and one-stop support. It provides customers the best choice for extreme data center performance, reliability and scalability, and enables a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to market.
About Oracle Exadata
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, making it the ideal platform for consolidating onto grids or private clouds. It is a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software that is massively scalable, secure, and redundant. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, customers can reduce IT costs through consolidation, manage more data on multiple compression tiers, improve performance of all applications, and make better business decisions in real time.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2017 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.