-- (ACN Newswire)
Osaka, Dec 20, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Panasonic Corporation announced that it will expand its line-up of products for the Chinese housing equipment and construction materials market with eight new products based on the concept of "Smart - Beautiful - Healthy Lifestyles a Step into the Future" from December 2012.
The new products include an "Ascend/Descend Unit," which makes items stored in high storage spaces easy to access; an "Entrance Rotary Closet," which improves storing efficiency; the "A-La-Uno V," a water saving, tank-free toilet made from a new advanced material that makes cleaning easier; "The Natural Series," a type of interior decoration material with the characteristics and texture of natural wood; "THE SHOWER," which offers a new shower experience where one can sit and take a shower; and the "Aero-washer," a wall unit air circulation system which adjusts the room's air environment. All of these items propose a new lifestyle in China. In the future, Panasonic plans to release more items for the Chinese market, and is aiming to localize everything from production to sales in the region. In FY2015, the company is aiming for 5 billion yen (approx. 400 million RMB) in local product sales alone.
At the Kitchen & Bath China 2012 held in Shanghai in May 2012, Panasonic declared that it will use its know-how in housing equipment and materials accumulated in Japan to handle fully integrated product development, manufacture, sales, lifestyle suggestions, spatial design, installation and customer services in China, providing new value in housing with long-term guarantees for quality. Approximately 38,000 people visited the company's booth, and over 2,000 companies expressed their desire to take part in Panasonic's plans for "expanding partner distributors for interior decoration installation sales," "expanding the business regions for (advanced) interior decoration installation," and "expanding the sales of housing equipment devices."
Of the Pananasonic Eco Solutions Company's global sales target of 40 billion yen (approx. 3.2 billion RMB) for FY2015 ending March 31, 2016, 25 billion yen (approx. 2 billion RMB) is the sales target for China. The company is aiming to spur further development of the Chinese housing equipment and materials business and to have 300 franchises in 6 different regions by FY2015.
The 8 Products which Promote a New Lifestyle in China
(1) 3 types of "Ascend/Descend Units" that improve convenience and storing efficiency
- Bringing the "hard to reach" to a reachable height for easy to use storage -
1. Thin Soft Down (released in September, 2012)
- Stored items can be brought down to eye level allowing easier access to items in the unit.
- The unit has been made thinner to fit the cabinet modules made in China.
2. Double Soft Down
- The double rack comes down with 2 levels which allows the user to take the stored items from a more comfortable position.
- It is equipped with a load reshuffling lever to realize smooth raising and lowering of the unit, regardless of the weight of the stored item
3. Electric Ascend/Descend Wall
- As the shelf lowers automatically to eye level, it is convenient for storing items that are used frequently, making taking items out easier and improving work efficiency.
- When not in use, it stores neatly in the wall, creating a clear and tidy space.
(2) The "Entrance Rotary Closet" improves storing efficiency and keeps the entrance area tidy (released in October, 2012)
Entrance Rotary Closet
- Shoes can be placed in and taken out from both sides.
Approximately 50 pairs (1.2-1.5 times the normal amount) of shoes can be stored.
- A one touch attach/detach system for the shelf planks has been adopted to make cleaning easy.
(3) "The Natural Series" is an interior decoration material which reproduces the texture of natural wood with a special sheet
A beauty and ease of care that surpasses real wood
- Features a "natural wood-taste" design that incorporates the rough texture of the grain and knots of the wood which meet the needs of the Chinese.
- The sheet's ease of care and scratch-resistance make it very functional and easy to use.
- With a lineup covering doors, kitchen doors, flooring materials, "The Natural Series" offers a proposal for the entire space.
(4) The "A-La-Uno V" and "THE SHOWER" propose a comfortable water-related lifestyle
A toilet made of new advanced materials, flushing cleanly with a small quantity of water
- By utilizing "advanced materials," the toilet thoroughly repels water scale, making cleaning simple.
- Intelligently washes and flushes with a small quantity of water using the company's original technologies, such as the "turn trap washing system" and "3D twister flow."
- By adopting a "drainage connection unit system," installation has also been simplified.
- There's no need to worry about odors.
A seated shower, for a new bathing-style
- Support to obtain beauty and health through your daily shower.
- Warms and thoroughly cleanses the body.
- Offers a comfortable shower that saves more water than when using a conventional shower, even when showering thoroughly.
- Whether taking a quick shower standing or taking your time seated, "THE SHOWER" offers a style most suitable for you.
(5) The "Aero-washer" is a wall unit air circulation system which adjusts the room's environment
Leave it up to the system to keep the air in the room clean throughout the year
- Sanitizes air with "nanoe," controls pollens, and always keeps the air clean.
- Deodorizes unpleasant smells.
- A high level of design which matches the Chinese room space has been realized by applying an exclusive cover to the system.
Panasonic's History in the Chinese Housing Equipment and Materials Businesses
1996: Panasonic Manufacturing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (manufacturing company)
1997: Panasonic Eco Solutions (China) (sales company), began sales of system kitchens, etc.
2003: Panasonic Sunny Decoration (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (interior decoration installation company)
- Established Panasonic Yida Decoration (Dalian) Co., Ltd. (interior decoration company)
- Began interior decoration business operations for consumers (BtoC)
2007: Began primary interior installation (advanced interior decoration) business (BtoB) (for developer construction of housing with interiors)
2012: Expanded interior decoration installation business, began supply of housing equipment devices
1. Some of these products have already been released.
2. Jointly owned with Hangzhou Shenglian Engineering Co., Ltd. (206 Shaoxing Rd., Hangzhou, China; CEO: Mr. Wei).
3. Jointly owned with Yida Group Co., Ltd. (Yida Plaza 4, 99 Northeast Road, Shahekou District, Dalian; CEO: Mr. Sun), a major developer in Dalian.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products in three business fields, consumer, components & devices, and solutions. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.85 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2012. Panasonic's stock is listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) Stock Exchanges. The company has the vision of becoming the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by the 100th year of its founding in 2018. For more information on Panasonic, its brand and commitment to sustainability, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
Tokyo Public Relations Office
Copyright 2012 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
© 2016 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.