No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Shane Doyle's Maple Leaf Resource plans to complete its acquisition of a numbered company by the end of the week. The shell will become an investment company targeting oil and gas royalties. Keir Reynolds's shell graduate, Mezzi Holdings, starts trading.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Alamos Gold's Mexican margins are wearing increasingly thin. Michel Bouchard's once high-flying Clifton Star has one month to come up with $10-million for an option payment. Rasool Mohammad has something that delights him at La Ronge Gold.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 29, 2014
Diamond Fields International has a new mine plan for its old ML-111 marine licence off Namibia. Tres-Or Resources says drilling is still recommended for Guigues. Focus Graphite has a deal with local Indians for its Lac Knife graphite play in Quebec.
- IGM's Investors Group sued by body massage tenant
IGM Financial Inc.'s Investors Group is a defendant in a landlord-tenant lawsuit over body massages. A Coquitlam business complains that Investors Group, as its landlord, has unfairly prevented or restricted massages at its premises for years.
- Gold Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Lachlan Star is trying to raise $5-million from Peter Babin, a former director. AuRico Gold hopes it can still build a $500-million gold mine north of Smithers, B.C. Sheldon Inwentash's Pinetree Capital continues to dump stock in low-priced juniors.
- Shell Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Black Sparrow will ask shareholders at a Dec. 1 meeting to approve a rollback so it can acquire Aphria Inc., a medical marijuana company that hopes to soon have a production licence. Health Canada will visit Aphria's greenhouses within two weeks for a final inspection.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 28, 2014
Athabasca Oil faces an Ebola scare, but all is well. Buying Crew Energy is a "no brainer," says Barron's. Perpetual Energy sells non-core oil assets in Alberta, and LGX Oil continues to battle the government over a bird protection order.
- IIROC imposes $20,000 fine on Research ex Ahrens
IIROC has imposed $20,000 in fines and a four-week suspension on Justin Ahrens, a former Research Capital Corp. branch manager. The regulator said he ignored red flags in accounts associated with Thal Poonian.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Oct. 28. 2014
Prima Diamond is still seeking cash to explore Munn Lake and other diamond properties. Genius Properties has a muddled focus. Alphamin Resources has hit more high-grade tin at Bisie. Alberta Star Development will chase rare earths in Northern Saskatchewan.
- Energy Summary for Oct. 27, 2014
Goldman Sachs slashes its oil price forecasts for 2015. Bankers Petroleum investors worry about Brent's decline. TransGlobe Energy hits its lowest level since March, 2010, and Niko Resources unloads assets in Indonesia.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- The Hybrid Shop (THS) Joins Carfax Service Network
- Plaintiffs’ Counsel Comments On Verdict In Whirlpool Defective Front-Load Washers Trial
- CM Finance Schedules Earnings Release of First Fiscal Quarter Ended September 30, 2014
- A.M. Best Affirms Ratings of American Health and Life Insurance, Sears Life Insurance and Triton Insurance Companies
- Sinopec Announces 2014 Third Quarter Results
- Dixie Foods International To Open First Fine-casual Alex Stratta Tapas Restaurant
- United Cannabis Corp. Signs Exclusive Licensing and Distribution Agreement With DNA Genetics
- InfuSystem Holdings, Inc. to Issue Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results on Monday, November 10, 2014
- Verizon Wireless Named Tops In Overall Network Performance In Des Moines In Report By RootMetrics®
- Daytona International Speedway Names Florida Hospital as a Founding Partner Of Historic DAYTONA Rising Project
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Portex Minerals to resume at 9 a.m. PT
Portex Minerals Inc. will resume at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 30, 2014.
- Portex's N. Ireland exploration licences terminated
Portex Minerals Inc.'s mineral exploration licences in Northern Ireland have been terminated by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment, effective Oct. 31, 2014. The department has also rejected the company's application to renew its licences.
- Fundamental Applications submits chat app to iTunes
Fundamental Applications Corp. has submitted its Serum chat app to iTunes for approval. The company has also completed the $50,000 first tranche of its private placement, consisting of 125,000 units at 40 cents each.
- PetroMaroc to raise up to $6-million in placement
PetroMaroc Corp PLC has arranged a private placement of units at 15 cents to raise between $3-million and $6-million. It will use the proceeds for exploration and working capital.
- Anglo Pacific investor Liontrust now holds 11.46%
Anglo Pacific Group PLC investor Liontrust Investment Partners LLP acquired 2.33 million shares on Oct. 28, 2014. It now holds 13.35 million shares, representing 11.46 per cent of the outstanding voting rights.
- Crescent Point Energy to release Q3 2014 results Nov. 6
Crescent Point Energy Corp. will release its financial results for fiscal Q3 2014 on Nov. 6, 2014. The company will host a conference call to discuss the results 12 p.m. ET the same day.
- Rogers Communications, Vice to form $100-million JV
Rogers Communications Inc. and Vice Media will form a $100-million joint venture. The JV will include a multimedia production studio in Toronto and Vice TV Network, a new TV channel featuring Vice's media content.
- Elcora Resources appoints Lifton to new advisory board
Elcora Resources Corp. has appointed Jack Lifton to its newly formed advisory board. Mr. Lifton is the co-founder of the Technology Metals Research website. Elcora clarifies that it raised $925,625 under the private placement arranged in August.
- Coro Mining finishes Marimaca due diligence
Coro Mining Corp. has finished due diligence on the Marimaca project and plans to proceed with its option. The company took a total of 73 samples from six separate continuous chip channels.
- Portex Minerals halted at 8:01 a.m. PT
Portex Minerals Inc. has been halted at 8:01 a.m. PT on Oct. 30, 2014.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.